It also didn’t have that after taste/bite like most ginger ciders. However, I’m curious if I really tasted fruitiness from red-fleshed apples (looks like their unfermented juice was used to back-sweeten a drier cider), or my brain saw the pink hue and assumed it would be fruity. Quick finish. After tasting Sangria in our innovation meetings, we knew we had a winner. It was Out on a Limb of a juniper tree that we found this new concoction. Reviews. Flavor Profile: Apple-lemon flavor upfront.Pear flavor emerges about a third of the way through the sip and remains the dominant flavor for the rest of the sip. First Impression:  Medium straw yellow hue. How Found:  it showed up. I think that without the fakeness and with some barrel aging, a maple cider can be awesome. Aromas: hay, overripe apples, tin and tea. ABV:  5.5% Smells of sweet pear juice with spicy ginger. Cidery Description:  Here at the Woodchuck Cidery in Vermont, we handcraft every batch of Woodchuck Hard Cider. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! I previously tried this pre-blog, plus I’ve had most of Woodchuck’s line-up (see here). Christopher Null is the founder and editor in chief of Drinkhacker. It starts off with a rich & flavorful bittersweet apple cider flavor (similar to their Gumption), then finished with a kick of spice, mostly at the back of the throat (instead of the tongue). First Impression:  Light orange amber. Reviews, recipes, and industry insight for educated imbibing. Cidery:  Woodchuck Moderate apple flavor. Wines are shipped in damage resistant containers made for shipping wine bottles. Low acidity. First Impression:  Orange-amber hue (which appears to be natural as coloring isn’t listed). Moderate acidity. Read all about it and buy tickets here: http://alongcameacider.blogspot.com/2016/10/cider-review-woodchucks-june-and-juice.html, http://alongcameacider.blogspot.com/2016/07/cider-review-woodchucks-local-nectar.html, http://alongcameacider.blogspot.com/2018/05/very-perry-may-review-of-woodchucks.html, http://alongcameacider.blogspot.com/2016/03/cider-review-woodchucks-hot-cha-cha-cha.html, http://alongcameacider.blogspot.com/2015/10/cider-review-awestruck-premium-hard.html, https://www.eventbrite.com/e/lower-east-cider-fest-tickets-50910466576. My only criteria for this list is that I drank the cider in 2018. Here’s how the cider is described online: “An amazing insight into how Devon cider would have tasted in bygone centuries. The Hometown Homicider is a cider with Pumpkin aged in a bourbon barrel Not only is this cider sweet and pumpkin-y it’s also just a bit scary with the name and label. I’ve never found a fruity cider which truly impressed me like other cider varieties, but this one is probably my favorite fruit-flavored cider along with Finnriver Lavender Black Currant (which does have more complexity). Ingredients:  Hard cider. The only consideration I knowingly made was pushing this up in my cider review cue. tropical:  One Tree Staycation – I loved the complexity of this, which was unexpected for a cider from dessert apples. Where Drank:  Fred’s Rivertown Alehouse in Snohomish WA. Medium bodied. I didn’t expect it to taste dry. They definitely came out with some weird ones! Follow this blog to receive notifications by email. Cidery Location:  Middlebury VT With zesty citrus undertones, the root and apple pair to Ginger Lovin’ perfection. Shipping Low apple flavor and complexity. Moderate tartness. Lookin’ for some extra heat? In the most recent issue, Olivia Maki challenges all of us to think about how cider deals with the past. Don't miss a new post! No bitterness, sourness, funk, or tannins. I know what want to say first about how the Straw and Oak tastes: tannins ahoy! Moderate real cherry flavor. Its definitely an easy drinking cider, especially at only 4%. What are some of your favorite ciders? Opinion:  Sweet. The flavor was primarily citrus (I didn’t detect any specific cucumber flavor), with a long mint finish. The flavor was primarily floral/rose. Smells of apple juice. High sessionability. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Moderate tartness. It was especially tasty in a float with ice cream. I really wish they wouldn’t add caramel color and flavoring though. Review: Woodchuck Pearsecco, Rose, and Cucumber Mint Hard Cider October 31, 2018 The cider freaks at Woodchuck never stop messing around with different ways to present fermented apples and pears, with this trio of offerings their latest on … Its interesting though that they dumbed the description down to say they used bitter and sweet apples, which I assume means both dessert (culinary/supermarket) and bittersweet (a type of cider apple) varieties…I tasted a hint of bittersweet, but definitely more dessert apples. Learn more about all of Woodchuck’s ciders here: Appearance: pale straw, brilliant, bubbly, This pear cider looks like spring honey or pale straw. I prefer Winter Chill though, and plan to stock up on that one (although probably not as much as last year, when I got a full case of four 6 packs). Mild to moderate slightly cherry flavor. Note that I wouldn’t try to make a list of the best ciders, just those I enjoy, as it would be an impossible task to try every cider out there and be impartial. It is infused with juniper berries (which are used in making gin), rose buds, and orange peel. No sourness or funk. I’ve reviewed a number of their ciders here. Where Bought:  n/a Required minimum purchase is 6 bottles per item. I’m so tempted by what I see in it’s color. This is one of the better ciders from Woodchuck…I may even like it better than Gumption and Winter Chill. Low complexity. Crisp and refreshing, Semi-Dry uses bittersweet apples to deliver a cider that is not too sweet and leaves you thirsty for another. Griffin Cider Works (Westlake OH) Strong Woman (6.5% ABV):  This is an English-style cider finished with cherry, sold March thru October, whose proceeds go towards fighting breast cancer. Where Drank:  home This was lacking carbonation due to its age (the bottles I drank in Spring 2014 had moderate carbonation). Contact me.<<, Cider:  Summer Time Pear Ginger Smells like smoke flavor, maple flavor, and apple candy. Review of Woodchuck Pearsecco. Tasting Notes:  On the drier side of semi-sweet. Cidery:  Woodchuck Due to the rarity of these wines, we request shipped orders be insured. Hopefully they will make an Out on a Limb cider more along the lines of Gumption or Winter Chill, which I enjoy. They have since discontinued the Cellar series and now have the Out on a Limb series (six pack where the variety rotates every 45-60 days).