It is a memorial that unites us under the banner of the Lamb of God who was slain for us. A life-defining or nationally-defining moment is so important that it would be tragic or even dangerous to neglect the lessons or to not understand how a particular event is connected to the present. “In this manner you shall eat it: with your belt fastened, your sandals on your feet, and your staff in your hand. “Run for your live to inherit the greatest joyful kingdom, that is awaiting all who suffer and die with Me. 4 And if the household is too small for a lamb, then he and his nearest neighbor shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb. They bore it for My sake. In verse 14 we see that the Passover was to be a “memorial      day . Its sacrifice will be the means of deliverance and the protection from judgment. And you shall eat it in haste. But surprisingly, they that were wounded were all rejoicing and dancing in front of the Spotless Lamb. And with that in mind, can I ask you some questions for you to consider? Some were killed through terrible persecution and torture. But by looking specifically at the Passover, I think we gain an even better understanding, appreciation, and love for what is celebrated in the Lord’s Supper. It marked the people of God as much as saved individual households and families. 16:20; Revelation 12:11: Luke 14:26; [Rev. Now ransomed from sin and a new work begun, Sing praise to the Father and praise to the Son, Saved by the blood of the Crucified One! From this moment on, they will be known as the people whom God delivered, and this deliverance will be foundational to their relationship with God. The lamb was used to cover the household in blood, but it became food for every person in the house. As I said last week:  “Exodus invites you to see Jesus as the Firstborn Son and as the Lamb of God who can cause the judgment of God to pass over you. What is this all about? He became sin for us (2 Cor. My children stand firm on the truth you know. The blood on the doorposts saved them from the wrath of God’s judgment. 25 And when you come to the land that the Lord will give you, as he has promised, you shall keep this service. It was designed to make a connection for them between their own lives and the blood of another. Continue doing the good things you used to do. So it is very significant that Jesus is connected to this sacrifice. Who will survive it? and bitter herbs!” 1. My sins are all pardoned, my guilt is all gone! It is not the kind of faith that trusts in these elements as the means of salvation, but the kind of faith that trusts in the Savior who they represent. Cross references. They serve as a memorial of what it means to place one’s faith in the finished work of Jesus who was offered up physically (“This is my body given for you”) and redemptively (“The blood is the new covenant in my blood”). Do you need to take a few moments this morning and reflect on where you’d be today without the shed blood of Christ? Christians are impressed that it was the blood (!) But anyone who gives up his life for Me will gain it. It is the Lord’s Passover” (Exodus 12:11). 2: Exodus. It is to be sure that people in future generations do not forget what God has done for them. Revelation 12:11: Rom. I don’t know about you, but my heart is overwhelmed once again with the redemptive parallels between Exodus and the New Testament, between the Passover and the Lord’s Table. In fact, it was so important that God instructed Israel to begin their annual calendar with this event. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male a year old. Verse eight gives this instruction:  “They shall eat the flesh that night, roasted on the fire; with unleavened bread and bitter herbs they shall eat it.”  We do not have time today to fully unpack the significance of unleavened bread. 2:10] Revelation 12:11 in all English translations. Then the people of Israel went and did so; as the Lord had commanded Moses and Aaron, so they did.”  This is quite a change from the behavior of Pharaoh, who continually hardened his heart. When you rise again, you must strengthen your brothers. by Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892). 12 For I will pass through the land of Egypt that night, and I will strike all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, both man and beast; and on all the gods of Egypt I will execute judgments: I am the Lord. Does the gospel affect your understanding of who you are, your past, your value, and your meaning in life? There is nothing supernatural about bread and juice. Is the gospel the mark of your life?