I am working together with Laura Carmona González, we both were born in Spain and now we are living in the north of the Black Forest in Germany, close to the German Alps and the Vosges in France. Contact us and let’s plan this beautiful hike together. As such, we booked four nights at the Watzmannhaus and decided to use it as a base from which to hike the various routes in the area. The storm didn’t last long before we were out in arguably the best beer garden in Germany, enjoying a sensational sunset in the mountains. Calculate around 2 more hours from Watzmannhaus to Biwakhütte. View emrehasan.akbayrak’s profile on Facebook, View Emre Hasan Akbayrak’s profile on LinkedIn, Cassandra’nın Çığlığı: 2020’lerde Bizi Neler Bekliyor? For beginners totally unsuitable. Right on Hockeck, you enter Zackengrat (climbing path - difficulty A/B). Take a rest here. The views had completely disappeared and so we kept close, ensuring we maintained line-of-sight with each other. 2713m Grosser Watzmann is the highest peak standing entirely within Germany. ( Log Out /  Hocheck to südspitze is a klettersteig/via Ferrata route. Motorway A8 Munich - Salzburg. Don't expect a nice hiking trail, it's alpine but definitely doable. On multiple websites, I had read this via ferrata had a rating of B/C which I figured we could handle with our experience. People do this return as a day-hike. The highest webcam (Funtenseetauern mountain (Berchtesgaden national park)) is situated 2419 metres above sea level, wheras the lowest webcam (Koenigssee: Tourist Information) is situated 587 metres above sea level. We finally arrived back at the Watzmannhaus seconds before an enormous hailstorm hit, with just enough time to change our clothes, order a hot meal and, crucially, enjoy a cold beer. Follow B160 and B305 via Neu-Anif and Berchtesgaden to Ramsau, and go to car park Wimbachbrücke. Verba volant scripta manent…Söz uçar yazı kalır…Information matters…Bilgi önemlidir…. We felt the hardest part of the day was behind us, but the descent down to the Wimbachgries was extremely slow and at times felt futile. Mount Watzmann (2713 m) is located in the Bavarian Alps south of the village of Berchtesgaden. By now, we couldn’t see much more than a few meters in front of us. I travel with a Keepgo Lifetime World LTE SIM Card which connects to local 4G networks in over 100 countries. It's a steep uphill but the views are increasingly beautiful. Stay up-to-date on the best adventures. A continuación voy a contarte más cosas acerca de mí mismo, para que puedas conocerme un poco mejor. Get answers to your questions about Berchtesgaden, Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Berchtesgaden, Hotels near Dokumentationszentrum Obersalzberg, Hotels near Nationalparkzentrum - Haus der Berge. You should absolutely book accommodation for the night here in advance. Spanish is my mother tongue and I talk fluent English and German as well as a bit of French. Turn off your ad blocker to see a map of this trail, Auf die Schärtenspitze über die Blaueishütte, Die Watzmanntour: Vom Königssee zum Watzmannhaus, Von Schönau am Königssee auf den Grünstein, Jenner Talstation to Bergstation via Königsbach Alm, District of Columbia, United States of America, Ramsau b. Berchtesgaden, Bavaria, Germany, Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden, Bavaria, Germany. Beautiful transverse climb. Hiking the Watzmann Traverse (or Watzmann Crossing) takes in the three principal peaks of Hocheck (2,651m), Mittelspitze (Middle Peak, 2,713m) and Südspitze (South Peak, 2,712m), usually crossed from north to south along the 4.5km ridge. The way tothe peak becomes ever steeper, and requires surefootedness. Looming almost 2000 meters above the green waters of Königssee, Watzmann’s graceful mass provides a postcard-perfect backdrop to the city of Berchtesgaden, in Bavaria’s southeastern corner. Hocheck peak (2.651 m) and return? I would recommend doing it clockwise. There are only 2 places to eat during this two-day tour, Watzmannhaus and Wimbachgrieshütte. Highly worth it if you’re up to the challenge! Take enough to drink with you. We never made it to the Wimbachgrieshütte as originally planned, so that will have to wait for next time. Watzmann-Überschreitung 5: Extrem... | 09:16. – It’s a very wild place where the nature is still preserved; After you have crossed the meadow on Schönfeld, the terrain becomes steeper and rocky again. That's a challenge in one day. Some are really charming. Also note that in 2017 150 of the ropes and other fixtures have been removed. Where: We stayed at the Watzmannhaus, a DAV (Deutscher Alpenverein/German Alpine Club) hut. A TV report on the works in 2017 (in German), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYNMBwFG5DI. Parts of the route are supported with miscellaneous via ferrata climbing aids. I did this once but on 2 days and not alone. Meals generally cost around €7 for breakfast and €10 for lunch and dinners. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-90474747', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');car there? During 7 days we will hike around Mount Watzmann, going first up and then down which allows us during the last days from below, to see the path we have taken a few days back. Related: What are the most popular tours in Berchtesgaden? – It’s a good mix in terms of natural environment, during the first days in the woods and slowly reaching alpine flora; There were no warnings online about what this route is actually like. To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html. I have worked more than fifteen years as a trekking, MTB and horse riding guide for many companies and travel agencies in different countries in the world. From Hocheck, the route goes for one hour to the Watzmann Mittelspitze and then about two or so more hours to the Südspitze, followed by a nearly vertical descent of over 2,000 meters into the valley.