He has shown strength with his arm;he has scattered the proud in the thoughts of their hearts. Their attachment was steadfast to the unity of the Roman See whoever might be, in the midst of their uncertainty, its veritable occupant. St. Paul's Church 17), he cannot possibly turn to man without in some way quitting God. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. My beloved is like a roe or a young hart. Come and See! Akismet/Automattic: HERE. The … Who is she that comes forth beautiful as the morning rising, terrible as an army set in array? May 31, 2020 Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary. It also is the testimony of the Holy Ghost to the sanctity of life from the moment of conception. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! They know right well that the first ray of the Eternal Sun will disperse these thin phantoms, leaving sheer emptiness before those who run in pursuit of them. It is suggested that I tell you how I protect your data and how I plan to handle a breach of security. Arise, my love, my beautiful one, and come. 44; Isaias xix. If you do not have a copy of the Book of Common Prayer, a link to the online version is below. Today, the 2nd of July, we are commemorating the visitation of the blessed Virgin Mary to Elizabeth. “Mary therefore arose” Saint Luke says, “and with haste went into the hill country into a city of Judea, and entering into the house of Zachary, greeted Elizabeth.”. 4 The Lord is high above all nations, *and his glory above the heavens. 6 He takes up the weak out of the dust *and lifts up the poor from the ashes. WordPress: HERE. Our Lady’s visit to her cousin Elizabeth already engaged our attention while we were preparing for the Christmas Festival. Talk no more so very proudly,let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the Lord is a God of knowledge,and by him actions are weighed. In calendars throughout the Anglican Communion and Continuing Anglican churches, the following Marian feasts may be observed, although the practice of different provinces / churches varies wildly: Topic: St. Paul’s Visitation services Time: May 30, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada) Jun 1, 2020 12:00 PM-Noonday Jun 1, 2020 06:00 PM-Evening Prayer Jun 1, 2020 07:00 PM-Compline Please download and import the following iCalendar (.ics) files to your calendar system. Click the image above to purchase your own copy of “Graceful Living.”. Here more particularly does Mary appear as the Ark of the Covenant, bearing within her the Emmanuel, the living Testimony of a more true reconciliation — of an alliance more sublime between Earth and Heaven than that limited compact of servitude entered into between Jehovah and the Jews amid the roar of thunder. For behold as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy. The Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary posted on : July 2, 2020 posted by : evensong 2 Comments Today, we commemorate Our Lady’s Visitation in which our Lord performed His first miracle through the Blessed Virgin Mary, to free John the Baptist from original sin. He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich He hath sent empty away”. The entire Visitation account is recorded in Luke 1:39-56. “Come, sovereign Lady, Mary, visit us, illumine our sickly souls, by the example of your duties performed in life. 12), to which all attain not, and which marks one of the most decisive steps in the spiritual life. Come to me O Lord in spirit, and feed me for I am hungry, strengthen me for I am weak, enliven and sanctify me with Thy body and blood. His adversaries shall be shattered;the Most High will thunder in heaven. What a blessing did the presence of the God-Man bring to this house, the first which He in His humanity honored with His visit! During all those years while the unfathomable Justice of the Most High let the powers of Hell hold sway, She stood for the defence of Holy Church, trampling the head of the old serpent so thoroughly under Her victorious foot, that despite the terrific confusion he had stirred up, his filthy spume could not sully the faith of the people. In the Immaculate Heart of Mary, 22200 Aquasco Road This perfect humility in Mary, this perfect obedience to God’s will in all things is what makes our devotion to Mary so beneficial. 12-13). Scarce is He conceived than there begins for Him the mighty work of universal propitiation. Let us join our enthusiasm to that of Eternal Wisdom who makes His first step, this day, in His royal progress towards mankind. Amen.”. For it is to John that is first addressed among all creatures (Mary of course excepted) the sacred Nuptial-song uttered in the Soul of the Word made Flesh, making His divine Heart throb with emotion. During the whole of her rapid passage from Nazareth to the mountains of Judea, she will be protected by wings of Cherabim jealously eager to contemplate her glory. And Elizabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: And she cried out with a loud voice, and said: “Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb. The preceding considerations have been suggested by the special motive which led the Church to institute this feast in the fourteenth century. 4). 2-3-11). Noonday Prayer at 12pm, Evening Prayer with Homily at 6pm and Compline at 7pm. Please join one of our special online services to celebrate the Visitation of St. Mary to St. Elizabeth. 12-17) even as the rainbow in its sweet radiance unites both extremities of the horizon. Between John and the Bridegroom, what ineffable out-pourings! The following one, by its warm expressions of tender piety towards the Mother of God, more particularly excited the rage of the pretended Reformers. 17). The Centenary of Fatima and the Passion of the Church, The Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary, 2020. The divine Luminary, swift on his ascending course, will soon bathe the lowly valleys in his radiant fires. Come, Co-redemptrix of the world, take away the filth of sin, by visiting your people, remove their peril of chastisement. one God, now and forever. Let us meditate on the holy conversations of the cousins, and the services Mary rendered to Elizabeth, and think how we may imitate Her prudent charity. Thus the West, divided in fact but, in principle ever one and undivided, spontaneously, as it were, re-united herself as soon as God’s moment came for the return of light.