So I took an oversized muffin pan, greased it, and stuffed the cups full. Sending the recipe out far and wide! These are labelled as grain free, but is corn not a grain? Yes please! Fit Zucchini Fritters MeCooks. I don’t think TJ’s carries chickpea flour, unfortunately. Lightly press the zucchini in … :), Sarah, I just picked up my first bag of chickpea flour thanks to you and a few other reads! I just made the fritters for myself and my husband. Wow! Thank you for letting me know. Thank you for sharing!! * … I dunno, but these look awesome. Fit Zucchini Fritters MeCooks. My 20mo daughter gobbled then down without hesitation as well! I had made some mango salsa, which went very nicely on top. These were terrific! remodel so unfortunately I can’t spend every weekend up there but I’m trying to go 1-2/week when I can fit it in. Made these for dinner tonight, and they were a hit! delicious! My husband said that if this is the kind of food he’ll be eating, he won’t miss meats. That being said, I don’t think corn desserts are entirely off the table! I also happened to have some nacho cashew cream in the refrigerator when I shot these photos so that’s what is drizzled on top. Simple and easy to make though and the texture was pretty good, there was just a flavor that sort of overwhelmed everything… and it wasn’t terrible, just different borderline not good. I have a recipe similar to this (without chickpea flour) and I was just thinking I need to make them — it’s been so long! Grate/shred the zucchini and add to a bowl using a grater or processor. That’s what I like to call a win. Didn’t have thyme so I skipped that and added a dash of cayenne for some kick. I have saved this recipe and will be making plenty more in the future. I made these tonight and they were delicious. Highly recommend adding guacamole and poached eggs to it. :), Sarah, these look totally bomb! These fritters look amazing Sarah and I want to eat that plate with all the fixin’s! Chickpea flour is an excellent binder so it would be best if you could find it! Pingback: Gluten Free Dairy Free Corn Free Dinner Recipes, Pingback: 37 Healthy Vegan Zucchini Recipes for Dinner | The Green Loot. I made the recipe with the exact ingredients listed and my batter was still too wet and the inside of the fritters was not really cooking, even though I was leaving them for 10+ minutes. You combine the shredded zucchini with the corn, chopped green onion, minced garlic, chickpea flour, and seasonings. Baked Spring Pea and Dill Fritters with Lemon Tahini Sauce, Vegan and Gluten Free Slow Cooker Lasagna [Updated 2018], Jeweled Persian Cauliflower ‘Couscous’ & Pomegranate Salad, Healthy High Protein Gluten Free Granola (Sugar Free! It might work but I can’t say for sure because I haven’t tried it. So it’s possible that either the flour wasn’t mixed well enough or it needed more time to absorb the water from the zucchini. It’s possible that the type of chickpea flour you are using isn’t finely ground which would make them grainy. I buy it at my local Earth Fare (kind of like a smaller version of Whole Foods) or Fresh Market. :). Packed with the perfect blend of spices, these delightful vegan fritters are beyond DELICIOUS, too! Love the ideal of meal prepping these and eating them throughout the week. I also loved how these patties still maintained their structural integrity without the egg. I came across this recipe while looking for a way to use a large zucchini and lone ear of corn left from my farm share. Served with a green leaf salad, black beans, avocado and vegan aioli. Thanks so much. Chickpea flour is extremely versatile & suits both sweet and savory dishes alike. I’m kind of obsessed with chickpea flour. He is very excited for summer to roll around. Made it tonight without any of the extras and it was still delicious. :(. I didnt have chickpea flour so used buckwheat flour. X. Just made these for my son and they came out great. This is such a great recipe! Or are they canned? This recipe looks sensation, I’m going to make them, but wonder if I could use cornflour instead of chickpea flour? We definitely will be making them again. Vegan Zucchini and Corn Fritters. Hooray! Hopefully I’ll make it again soon! Required fields are marked *. :) 10/10, Pingback: Vegan Corn Fritters – Wandering Wafflehands. Not only is the ingredient list for these fritters super short but with chickpea flour costing less than $3 a bag, they’re also easy on the bank account. Yay! but I’m not entirely sure that’s considered dessert. Warm a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. In a large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, corn, green onions, chickpea flour, garlic, cumin, oregano, thyme, salt & pepper. I tried these but used the pain flour as didn’t have chickpea flour on hand and they were such a hit! I used frozen and defrosted corn kernels but you could use fresh or canned if you want. They freeze beautifully (if they are not all devoured!) In a large bowl, combine shredded zucchini, corn, green onions, chickpea flour, garlic, cumin, oregano, thyme, salt & pepper. Let sit for about 10 minutes. I really enjoyed it with black beans, salsa and even some hot sauce. Many firsts for me here: I had never used chickpea flour, I had never shredded zucchini and didn’t even realize that I had an attachment that would do that in a snap, I had never cut corn off the cob.