Combine the wet and dry ingredients with the mashed sweet potato and set aside. Adrienne. Course: Breakfast . And frozen berries keep their properties after being frozen. Ground flaxseed, when mixed with a little water, forms a flaxseed egg which we will use to bind our pancakes. Pour in the soy milk and 1 tbsp of the oil and whisk to combine. Cook on the other side for 2-3 minutes until golden brown. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the all purpose flour, baking powder, and cinnamon. My son is a big fan of taking part in the making of these sweet potato pancakes and I love it. Yes, ever. Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie Bowl {easy & gluten-free} Sweet & Savory Breakfast Sweet Potato Boats- 2 Ways! It’s a dream breakfast scenario if I do say so myself. Let the batter sit about 10-15 minutes, as this will yield more fluffy and better cooked through pancakes. ¾ cup sweet potato puree, homemade or store-bought. I swapped the maple syrup in the recipe for 1 tab agave and 1 tab molasses, because I didn’t have maple syrup. Weighing the flour will give you the best and most consistent results. Please take a photo, share it on Instagram and tag it with #veganio. We are pancake lovers here at vegan.io and the more recipes we can get our hands on the better. Being on the list means you will be first to see my new recipes and you’ll be kept in the loop on all things new and exciting too. Boil 1 cup of cubed sweet potato in water until soft (approx. Tender, fluffy, melt-in-your mouth vegan sweet potato pancakes! When the oil is hot, add the batter and fry the pancake for 2-3 minutes from each side. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. The sweet potato adds an extra layer of flavour without it being too overpowering. Rate it & leave your feedback in the comments section below, or tag. These easy and healthy pancakes are filled with sweet potato puree, almond milk, cinnamon and olive oil! Thanks for taking the time to let me know . Comments. So happy to hear it! Help spread the word. Total Time: 30 minutes. Made with almond flour and potato starch for the richest, moist and fluffy pancakes ever! I don’t have a pancake griddle, so I’m using a ceramic-coated flat pan (it’s a pan for making crepes). use the time frames listed in the recipe). It was a lot more ingredients than I usually use, but worth it for something different. Repeat for all the pancakes. VEGAN SWEET POTATO PANCAKES . Set aside. It takes him a while but he takes his role very seriously. Fluffy, melt-in-your mouth tender and made with wholesome ingredients, they are officially my favorite pancakes ever. Your email address will not be published. Your email address will not be published. I love coming up with delicious simple vegan recipes. It’s the perfect fall breakfast! Please think of the trees before you print this page. In a small bowl, mix together the flaxseed and water. They look so fluffy and perfect! How to make Vegan Sweet Potato pancakes. I tried this recipe this past weekend after trying to figure out what to do with my sweet potatoes and the pancakes turned out very well. And finally, serving ideas! And they reheat beautifully, making them perfect for busy mornings. Your email address will not be published. I love maple syrup. Measure out the sweet potato – you need 1/3 cup/ 110 grams of mashed sweet potato. These are definitely inspiring me to. If you love sweet potatoes as … Remove from the heat. So happy to hear this Jennifer! Give it a quick whisk. Servings: 9 small pancakes. Sweet Potato Pancakes (Vegan) Prep Time: 15 minutes. Add the milk, sweet potato, vegan butter, flax, vinegar and vanilla extract to a. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients and mix gently together. They look so fluffy and delicious! The sweet potato adds an extra layer of flavour without it being too overpowering. Lower the heat if they are cooking too fast. Healthy and Hearty breakfast! Next Post: The Best Vegan Pumpkin Pie » Reader Interactions. Flip the pancakes and continue to cook for about 2 to 3 additional minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Since we want to get the most out of these berries I didn't cook them either. Also be sure to check out my cookbook Vegan Comfort Cooking for even more recipes! Trina Fentriss. These can be very finicky and not cook through if you cook them too fast or high of a heat. Your email address will not be published. It’s a simple recipe with BIG flavor, requiring only 9 ingredients and basic methods. . Will be sharing this recipe. I have never really been very good at making pancakes but I certainly want to give these a go. It is really important to mix the pancake batter until. Add a small ladle of pancake batter*. And sweet potatoes are loaded with nutrients that you definitely don't get out of plain wheat flour. The data is a computer generated estimate so should be used as a guide only. How Does Your Body Benefit From Plant-Based Nutrition? Inspired by the cold temperatures lately, I’ve created these fall-esque vegan pancakes with sweet potato and chocolate chips. My goal is to give you the confidence to cook and bake great vegan food from scratch. This is how the batter should look like. My work has been featured in media outlets such as Buzzfeed, Veg News, Parade Magazine, BBC, NBC, Food Network amongst many others. They are also grain-free! flag icon. But. In a medium bowl, whisk together the sweet potato puree, milk, oil, vanilla, maple syrup and the flax mixture. The trick with vegan pancakes is to let them cook fairly slowly. The key to these cooking through is to cook them over the low heat to allow the centers to fully cook through. This recipe takes only 30 minutes to make, so you can pull it off during the middle of the week without a doubt. It’s a BIG deal. } ½ lb sweet potato (skin removed and chopped). Step 1 - Add the flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a bowl and mix together. Perfect for fall! If they are gummy, you might have overmixed the batter. Made these this morning as wanted a healthy tasty breakfast using the sweet potato I had. I hear you – it took me forever to get the hang of flipping them!! Your cozy fall and winter mornings are about to get even better with the addition of these vegan sweet potato pancakes! When ready to enjoy, reheat briefly in the microwave. I love the orange color the sweet potatoes give the pancakes – it looks so nice with the chocolate chips! Author: Julia. So the fact that they’ve been usurped as the reigning favorite? Thank you. From here on I just cook the batter as usual. No dairy. Hi! Tender, fluffy, melt-in-your mouth vegan sweet potato pancakes! Return to the pan and warm gently for a few minutes before serving with the pancakes. Add extra milk to thin to desired drizzling consistency. I made these substituting with coconut oil, coconut milk, and ap flour. Recipe for delicious, fluffy Vegan Sweet Potato Pancakes with chocolate chips. When I went vegan in 2012, I fell in love with food all over again. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves. Vegan sweet potato pancakes.