Adjust seasoning if necessary. (Nutrition information is calculated using an ingredient database and should be considered an estimate. This creamy vegan pasta is blended with sugar pie pumpkin (can substitute with butternut squash) sage, onion, tomatoes, and basil. 2. The shaped pasta is better than spaghetti or other forms of long noodles because it has plenty of crevices to hold the sauce. Heat skillet to medium high heat. My family strives to spread love for animals in all areas of our lives by sharing vegan recipes & knowledge, practicing kindness towards animals and by not buying products made from or tested on animals. ( Log Out /  Click on the link to view the recipe and read all about our movie night! We watched Disney’s “Cinderella” (which was finally just released on dvd) & we made some easy & delicious pumpkin penne pasta! Drain and rinse cashews. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes more. Cook on medium heat for about 10 minutes until hot, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. You saved Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Penne Pasta to your. Sauté until soft and translucent about 3-5 minutes. Save about a half-cup of the water that the pasta cooked in, and add it to the pumpkin sauce. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Step 1: Prepare pasta according to package instructions. ( Log Out /  Remove from oven and keep covered; let pumpkin and sage continue to steam 10 to 15 minutes more. Jeepers… Halloween is fast approaching and I still haven’t made my vegan caramel apples… or picked my costume! Turn this into a baked pasta dish by combining al dente pasta and sauce in a prepared casserole dish. Then add in the rest of the herbs and spices. Get our free cookbook when you sign up for our newsletter. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add remaining 4 tablespoons olive oil and blend again. Time to get a move on! For extra protein, add baked tofu or soy chorizo. Pie pumpkins weren t in season so I substituted one 15 oz. Looking for the best dinner recipes? In a medium-sized pot or large frying pan, saute the garlic and onion in olive oil for 3 to 5 minutes. https://www.thespruceeats.com/vegetarian-pumpkin-pasta-recipe-4126565 Drizzle 3 tablespoons oil in a baking dish and add pumpkin, cut-sides down. Use at least 2 percent milk to increase the flavor, but you can use heavy cream for a real indulgence. Getting ready for the Big Thanksgiving Feast! Return pasta to the pot. When blending, if your sauce is not smooth and creamy, try adding a little more broth or olive oil and blend it longer. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Follow my blog and read all about my family's vegan lifestyle! Jolinda Hackett has written five books about plant-based cooking and has developed hundreds of vegan and vegetarian recipes. If you are in a hurry you can prepare this Creamy Vegan Pumpkin Pasta quicker by using canned pumpkin puree. Add reserved pasta water, 1/4 cup at a time, to thin sauce to desired creamy consistency. Add sage leaves to the baking dish with the pumpkin, replace aluminum foil, and bake until pumpkin is very tender, about 5 minutes more. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Practically Perfect (in every way) Pumpkin Muffins, Flaky Vegan Pie Crust… and Easy Apple Crostata, Your Vegan Neighbor’s Summer Garden (2012), Vegan Strawberry Shortcake 1 (biscuit style). 3. Replace the pumpkin puree with another type of. Instructions. Place all pumpkin, capsicums and garlic in a medium-sized baking tray and coat with olive oil and salt. Very hearty for a vegan meal! This entry was posted in dinner, dinner and a movie, fall, pasta, Vegan and tagged dinner and a movie, pumpkin pasta, pumpkin penne pasta, Vegan, vegan pumpkin penne… Change ). We’ve been pretty busy over here the past week but we did manage to squeeze in a family favorite for our ‘Dinner and a Movie’ night! Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. I am also the mother of 2 beautiful little vegans (+ 2 dogs & 1 cat). Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove and discard sage leaves. I made this for Friendsgiving because some of my friends are vegan. However, make sure that it's plain pumpkin puree and not pumpkin pie mix, which has sugar and spices already mixed into it. Sprinkle the top of the pasta with breadcrumbs or a vegan Parmesan cheese substitute. Add salt, pepper, and walnuts or pine nuts if using, stirring to combine, and then remove from heat. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. 1½ tablespoon vegan butter 2 garlic cloves, minced 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée 1 (13½-ounce) can coconut milk ¾ teaspoon paprika ¾ teaspoon salt 1 pound penne pasta, cooked, drained, and rinsed Fresh or crispy sage leaves, for serving Preheat the oven to 350 F and bake the dish for 30 minutes, or until the sauce is bubbling. Vegan Pumpkin Walnut Sauce with Penne Pasta is so easy to make with the wonderful taste of Fall in a bowl. It’s that time of the year that pumpkin is all around us with harvest flavors in the air. I have been vegan for 21 years and counting! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.