Any orders placed during that time frame  will ship on Monday the 30th. Upholstery staple guns normally have a comfort grip for using the tool for hours at a time. Most upholstered furniture has many staples holding the fabric in place. A stapler is an office staple. Stainless Steel Pins, Brad and Finish Nails, Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement. #7 series staples 22 Gauge, #8 (80) series staples 20 Gauge, and T-50 series staples 20 Gauge are commonly used for these applications. # 7 Upholstery Staples 3/8-inch crown, 22 ga, # 8 Upholstery Staples 1/2-inch crown, 20 ga, Duo-Fast 31 Staples 3/8-inch crown, 22 ga, T50 Upholstery Staples 3/8-inch crown, 20 ga. Our guide will cover staple types and sizes,including a handy staple sizes chart that will ensure you buy the staples that suit your binding needs. Will follow up in a future blog on the wonderful world of nails!! I hope this has enlightened your knowledge on this absolutely……, fastenating topic of staples!! For more helpful tips and info, check out our Newsletter! Most upholstered furniture has many staples holding the fabric in place. Upholstery staple guns normally have a comfort grip for using the tool for hours at a time. Although there’s a common standard size, various different staple sizes are available, depending on what you need to bind and the type of stapler you have. This week, we’re going to look at the different types of staples! Another staple feature I’d like to cover is the divergent point staple. However, if the staple used is not flush with the underlying surface, – we recommend the next shorter leg length for desired results. The crown is simply described as the crossbar dimension – below is an image taken from our site featuring the 80 Series staples showing the staple dimensions. The staple should be flush with the underlying surface. Arrow T50® staples come in Divergent and Chisel point, depending on the size. Exciting stuff!!! They come in many finishes, including brass, antique, nickel and leatheroid. You can also find them online at nextag.com. Read more about how to choose the right length in the section below “Staples in different sizes.” TOOLS To find the right staples or brads for your tacker, go through the following steps: 1. Stainless steel staples for outdoor furniture and also for antique furniture are available, but in more limited types and sizes. The nails can be purchased at fabric stores, home improvement stores and online. When using the correct size of staple, you get a much neater finish to the front. This staple was too long for the amount of paper, which has caused the staple to tear the paper and be crushed flat. I like to keep a box of each at my station at all times so I can quickly swap out sizes when working on different parts of a project. Some of the more expensive staplers have a rear exhaust so when air or oil is blown out of the tool, it does not go onto your work. Fine Wire – Used a lot in the upholstery industry types include for example the 71 and 80 series staple range. Happy Friday folks! The staples are made for use in a staple gun and can be found in hardware and home improvement centres. Using the correct staples for your pieces is very important if you want it to last. Comments will be approved before showing up. You can see that the end of the staple just touches the paper. See the chart below for the variations of staples sizes. Stainless steel staples for outdoor furniture and also for antique furniture are available, but in more limited types and sizes. 1 - 3 Working Day UK Shipping.Policy Here. Some of the more expensive staplers have a rear exhaust so when air or oil is blown out of the tool, it does not go onto your work. The better the stapler, the easier it is to upholster the piece of furniture. These staples were the correct length for the job and have formed a perfect dome. However, the 50 series staple is roughly the same gauge as the 140 series, but they vary in crown sizes. Keep in touch to get the latest on sales, new releases, competitions and more …, Crown HouseOld Mill StreetStoke-on-TrentST4 2RP. Rapid Online Staple Search Search for you staples in Rapid's Online Staple Search. They take many size staples. I’ll start with the finish found on the various staples and nails found in the industry. We will be closed Wednesday 11/25 at 12PM and re-opening on Monday November 30th. Almost any fine wire and medium wire staples can be used for upholstery, depending on your fabric. In choosing the proper staple leg length for a job, there are two basic things to consider: thickness of material to be stapled and hardness of the wood. The most common staple used for upholstering is a 22 gauge staple, which comes in lengths of 1.5 cm, 7.5 mm, 1.05 cm and 1.2 cm (5/8 inch, 5/16 inch, 7/16 inch and 1/2 inch). The nails have large decorative heads because they will show on the outside of the fabric. Get it before its gone! (That wasn’t my suggestion, any complaints, contact our office “comedian”, Chloe….). Upholstery staples come in several different lengths. Using the correct staples for your pieces is very important if you want it to last. Be aware use of these staples in wood can send the legs in all sorts of directions – watch the positioning of your hands – I have the scars to remind me!