This CopyCat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe is sure to save you some $$’s. Copyright ©2020, CincyShopper. Cooked frozen ground beef can be. Be careful as the meat defrosts, some of the juices will come out, so it’s best to place it in either another dish or a ziplock freezer bag, as it defrosts. To get the same small pieces of ground beef, I just popped my cooked meat into the food processor. I made 4 pizza total and we had leftovers. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife,  Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece Set, Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set-6 Piece Stackable Set with Spout, Anchor Glass Measuring Set–This is one of the handiest tools in the KitchenÂ, OXO Good Grips 12 Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs. It has a nice flavor, without having a lot of extra fat. When ground beef goes on sale, I always stock up on it, because I love being able to stretch a dollar for my family. The package should be free of any tears or cuts since exposure to the air will reduce the quality of the meat. Follow WonkyWonderful on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of the new recipes! Just made these last night for our family of 5. Make sure you never miss a single recipe! Taco Bell officially removed their Mexican Pizzas from the menu. The higher the percentage of leanest, the healthier the meat is, but at the same time, the less fat content has the less flavor it has as well since they both go hand in hand. every recipe … Taco Bell has always been a late-night staple, although not so much now that I have kids. Transfer taco meat to food processor and run until it is a fine consistency. Copyright © 2020 Fork To Spoon on the Foodie Pro Theme. Homemade Mexican Pizza is quick and easy to make for a fun dinner idea. Use a freezer or refrigerated bags or better yet a cooler, to transport your meat home, especially during the summer or hot months. Spread some taco sauce on, so it covers the top shell and then sprinkle on the shredded cheese. The best way to defrost ground meat is to take it from the freezer and place it directly into the refrigerator. Their Mexican pizza was always a favorite, with layers of crunchy, crispy tortillas covered in rich refried beans, tangy sauce, and tons of melted cheese. Taco Bell mexican Pizzas are not on the value menu so you will most likely save by making your own at home. Also look for bright red meat, when you purchase it, anything that is brown or gray is old, and past the sell date (or close to). The smaller the meat, the more flavor I taste. ★☆ Subscribe for all the latest deliciousness. Taco Bell is ditching the Mexican Pizza soon, but here's an easy homemade recipe The eatery announced the discontinuation of the fan-favorite menu item earlier this month, but you can clone it At home, I loaded my Mexican Pizza with quite a few green onions… yum! Today, I chose the skillet. Here is how to make the Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, in your very own home. A Mexican Pizza recipe with ground beef, refried beans, and other toppings sandwiched in corn tortillas. Then place another tortilla directly on the refried and taco meat, pressing to seal it. One of my favorite menu items was the Taco Bell Mexican Pizza. i use only cheddar, but i add cilantro…talk about n xtra layer o flavor, its an amazing addition!! I am not sure if it is a mental thing with me or what, ha ha! https://hip2save.com/recipes/copycat-taco-bell-mexican-pizza Your email address will not be published. Depending on how big the package is, the meat should be defrosted within a day. I always request extra green onions when I head to Taco bell for a Mexican pizza. Top each of these with the remaining tortillas. Use the defrosted meat and any ground beef between 1 to 2 days. Here is how to make the Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza, in your very own home. Post was not sent - check your email addresses! Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Mexican pizzas are my favorite at Taco Bell, … Once the meat is fully brown, add the taco sauce, water, and taco seasoning. (If you have a smaller air fryer or a basket air fryer, you can still make this, just use the smaller tortillas). Ground beef should be tested with a meat thermometer, the internal temperature should be at LEAST 160 degrees F. To test for temperature, simply stick your thermometer into the thickest part of the meat. It was a hit all around! Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Think Taco Bell but healthier and so much tastier. Now, maybe you aren’t a Taco Bell fan and yes, I … Making this CopyCat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe at home is so simple. After college I worked for Taco Bell for about 2 years. Mix well, then return to the burner, and simmer for about 4 minutes,  until everything is warm. Well, you do now. Did you know that you can make 6 Copycat Mexican Pizzas in the time it takes to make a Taco Bell Run? 93% Lean: This ground beef works especially well in ground beef dishes that require crumbling, such as tacos, stuffed peppers, casserole, and other low-fat dishes. « Air Fryer, T-Bone Steak with Homemade Gorgonzola Butter (KETO Friendly), Air Fryer Sausage, Egg and Cheese Bites ». Thanks for the recipe. The one thing I always liked about Taco Bell was that the meat was always so fine. Some of the most popular dishes for ground beef are obviously burgers and tacos, but there are many more dishes that can be made.