Sauté for about 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Toss the sliced mushrooms in the remaining spiced balsamic vinegar. Flip the sweet potatoes and add mushrooms to the baking sheet with a slotted spoon. Bake, covered, until potatoes are tender, 20-25 minutes. I really liked the smokiness of the mushrooms with the flavor of the sweet potato. Add mushrooms, onion, 1 1/2 tablespoons sage, and garlic; sauté; 5 minutes. Layer sweet potatoes in a circular pattern on top of each ramekin; brush with remaining oil and sprinkle with pepper, salt and additional rosemary. If you’re looking for a quick and nourishing dinner, that fills you up and tastes delicious, look no further! Add mushrooms and 2 Tbsp. Spread the coated sweet potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes into 1 sweet potato. Serve this casserole with roasted pork loin or ham. Hi! Let’s be real here, the whole point of eating a potato hash is for those potatoes to soak up all the yummy runny yolk goodness. Filed Under: Lunch & Dinner, Recipes Tagged With: christmas, creamy, dairy-free, gluten-free, mushrooms, pine nuts, potatoes, sauce, savory, vegan, vegetables, vegetarian, Hi! MyRecipes may receive compensation for some links to products and services on this website. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. Using a potato masher, mash potatoes. Serve warm, garnished with chives, crushed amaretti cookies, and more Parmesan. Anyways, I think it’s not only a healthy meal for children or babies, but also for adults. MyRecipes.com is part of the Allrecipes Food Group. It’s also healthy, gluten-free, grain-free, and a great variation to my creamy polenta with roasted mushrooms and spinach. Peel and dice the other sweet potato into 1-centimeter (½ inch) cubes. Required fields are marked *. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1 cup sweet potato puree, 2 cups stock, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; bring to a boil (reserve remaining puree). This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. You can use this easy vegan Mushroom Sauce not only as a topping for mashed sweet potatoes but also for so many other dishes you like! Check out the index to find recipes from around the world and learn more about me here. Add plant-based milk or cream, salt, pepper to taste and mash until smooth and creamy. Set aside. Enjoy, friends! Nutrition Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. Is the flour listed in the ingredients substituted for cornstarch in the directions? Oh em gee, I saw the pic of this recipe posted on Instagram and I couldn’t wait to try it that night and I’m so glad I did ? Chanterelle mushrooms and fontina cheese contribute a delicate, nutty flavor that contrasts nicely with sweet potatoes in this dish. Hi there, I'm Emily. Pour in vegetable broth, soy sauce, and plant-based cream. Who wants to do dishes on a Saturday morning anyway? When I was a child, my mom used to make mashed potatoes or mashed sweet potatoes quite often because it’s such a delicious way to eat vegetables and fill your body with vitamins. creamy polenta with roasted mushrooms and spinach, Braised Red Cabbage with Apples | Easy Recipe, Apple Crumble Pizza (German Streuseltaler). For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov. Add the mushrooms and sauté them for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Privacy Policy Bring to a boil, uncovered, and boil for 2 to 3 minutes. Add the penne and mushrooms and coat evenly in the sauce. Of course, you can add any vegetables you like. ★☆ This is a fabulous holiday recipe; easy to make with pantry ingredients, fabulous fall flavors and should appeal to all ages. The sweet potato mixture reheats nicely. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer. I love to cook and bake and want to share that passion with you. It … This creamy Mashed Sweet Potatoes with vegan Mushroom Gravy is very easy to make, healthy, plant-based and so delicious! Preheat oven to 400°F. The sweet potatoes soak up all of the delicious runny yolk! sliced gourmet mushrooms along with 8 oz. I love mashed potatoes and mushrooms so much. If you’re looking for a quick and nourishing dinner, that fills you up and tastes delicious, look no further! Really good flavor and will make again. Robust Recipes 4 cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced cremini mushrooms (about 8 ounces), 3 ½ cups (1/4-inch-thick) sliced chanterelle mushrooms (about 8 ounces), 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley, divided, 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh chives, divided, 4 cups peeled sweet potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (about 1 1/2 pounds), ½ cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth, Back to Wild Mushroom-and-Sweet Potato Gratin. Lots of love, Bianca ❤️.    Season with a healthy pinch of salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of grapeseed oil. I’m Bianca, and welcome to my blog! Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Add a splash of water if the puree is too thick. Thanks for the clarification Jessica, Hi Jessica, yes you can substitute the flour with 1 tbsp of cornstarch . This Sweet Potato Hash with Mushrooms is the perfect way to enjoy something a little more exciting than just plain ol’ eggs. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; toss to coat. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a large baking sheet. I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program and earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com, mushroom, roasted vegetables, side, sweet potato, Currywurst (Bratwurst with a Curry Tomato Sauce) ». Thank you for your feedback! Add the red bell pepper and the par-boiled sweet potatoes. Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese. See more details in the policy page. We don't let a Thanksgiving Dinner go by without this as a featured side dish. Remove the mushrooms into a dish and set aside. Serve the eggs over the potato hash mixture with a side of ketchup and Sriracha sauce (optional). This hearty vegan mushroom gravy tastes so delicious in combination with mashed sweet potatoes! Repeat layers, ending with cheese; add broth to dish. This helps any excess water evaporate. Add about 1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper and blend under smooth. Roast until the sweet potatoes are tender and mushrooms cooked, about 20 minutes. Add 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper to the mushrooms and remove from the heat. One more thing, if you really want to enjoy Sweet Potato Hash with Mushrooms on a weekday you can. I absolutely love this recipe. Lots of love, Bianca ❤️. So glad you love this recipe! Kind regards, Bianca ❤️, It was delicious! It’s a simple recipe that is comforting, flavorful, hearty and satisfying. I‘ve already made it with cauliflower, parsnips, broccoli, and pumpkin. Crispy potato rosti are topped with garlic fried mushrooms and a perfectly poached egg for a quick vegetarian meal. Most people who try this with skepticism come away as true believers. There is only one more thing that can make this breakfast just a little bit better, besides a cup of hot tea, and that is a squirt of ketchup and a little Sriracha sauce if you’re into it. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the cilantro. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Thank you so much, Ellie! Heat the oven to 200C/180C (fan)/400F/gas mark 6. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over high. I‘m also a bit obsessed of mushrooms! I would highly recommend it especially for picky eaters. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe It’s a simple recipe that is comforting, flavorful, hearty and satisfying. Add 6 tablespoons of the butter and sage to the pan and cook until brown bits start to form on the bottom, being very careful to not burn the butter. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Drizzle evenly with olive oil, sprinkle with thyme, salt and pepper, and stir to coat vegetables. Here you’ll find many delicious recipes which are mainly plant-based and easy to make for everyone. Add rice; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. 18 December, 2012 by Tara Leave a Comment. Let’s make soup! Sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Cover and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, or until the egg white has set and the yolk is still runny. I kept this gravy simple with minimal ingredients, but feel free to amp it up with more spices or herbs of choice. Thank you so much for your amazing feedback! Really good flavor and will make again. So glad that you like this recipe ? MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. Drain and blitz the sweet potato and yoghurt with a hand blender until smooth. Terms & Conditions. Simply make up the sweet potato hash part the night before and, store it in the fridge.