Organic full-fat sour cream is the absolute best for this dessert. Lauren is the Internet marketing guru who developed and maintains our website, leads our marketing efforts, manages our social media and keeps us on track in general. 07/28/2011 at 06:12 PM. Posted by: GET EMAILS WITH LATEST RECIPES + COOKING TIPS. This is delicious and I have been missing out all these years!". STRAWBERRIES WITH BROWN SUGAR DIP. Russell at Chasing Delicious | Posted by: Simple and awesome. In fact, when you eat strawberries and sugar at the same time, strawberries reduce the glycemic surge you get from eating sugar. It's a perfect time of year to give it a whirl. 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream. But I had to say thanks, this is a lovely memory for me, we had this treat all the time growing up. What a delicious, simple way to serve berries. Your email address will not be published. 07/27/2011 at 12:48 PM. I think I will have to try this one. Wash strawberries, and cut the tops off. Please let us know what you think by commenting and rating our recipes or writing in with any questions you have. OMG!! Years went by and one day Becky decided to give strawberries, sour cream and brown sugar a go. then I put them into a dessert dish bowl w/juice over them and then a dollop of sour cream. She was convinced she didn't like sour cream so she passed on this dessert for years. Then I just dip in my strawberries. But you've got me curious about your pinterest popcorn board, I couldn't find you, are you under clockwork lemon?! I used to serve berries this way all the time, and kind of forgot about it--thanks for the reminder! This isn't really a recipe (use whatever berries you have).. its more of a delicious suggestion. Brandy . Some food combinations are so simple they don't rise to the level of a recipe. Some food combinations are so simple they don't rise to the level of a recipe. 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar. I didn't believe this would be good either until I tried it. My mom put out a big bowl of strawberries with their leaves still on, a bowl of sour cream and a bowl of brown sugar. Gorgeous pictures as well :), Posted by: Yahoo is part of Verizon Media. Posted by: 1 lb. Posted by: Kim develops the recipes, shoots the photography and writes the posts and weekly emails to our subscribers. 12/16/2011 at 05:24 PM. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Your Privacy Controls. Strawberries, sour cream and brown sugar - awesomely simple. Thanks bunches! Never heard of sour cream and brown sugar. Posted by: They actually taste like strawberries unlike the big, bland, tasteless ones for sale throughout the early spring. More often than not we just have a bowl of strawberries topped with the brown sugar and sour cream. This is one of those combos. [CDATA[ Click to download our free e-cookbook: 15 Recipes To Make You Look Like A Star. DK | Meanwhile, the rest of us competed for every morsel. I think I managed to not hit post on my last comment ... sorry if this is a repeat! Strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar is one of those things! Very cool idea. That is, everyone except my sister Becky. Your email address will not be published. This is the way that my mom usually serves berries: fresh, with a dollop of tangy sour cream and sweet brown sugar. They actually taste like strawberries unlike the big, bland, tasteless ones for sale throughout the early spring. Posted by: Mmmm.. summer strawberries. Posted by: It was the dessert where there were never leftovers, and everyone didn't take their eyes off the dishes until everything was gone. I have found that smaller strawberries work the best because they tend to be sweeter but I’ll use whatever strawberries I can find. Would love to try this new way though. Well, just make sure he or she reads the newspaper. Sour Cream Brown Sugar Dip. What a delicious idea! With strawberry season about to be in full swing, now is the perfect time to try this out if you’ve never had it before, or make it again if you have! In addition to our website we work with brands to develop and photograph recipes and provide food and travel related content. Posted by: It confirmed what my mom had instilled in us - to always taste a dish before you make up your mind. Julien | Marie | You can follow this conversation by subscribing to the comment feed for this post. We invite you to subscribe to our weekly email where we highlight our latest recipes and focus on seasonal topics, nutritious ingredients, cooking techniques and meal plans. Let strawberries drain. Required fields are marked *. Posted by: The sour creams blends well with the sugar, making the whole thing taste like strawberries with whipped cream. The first way is that I mix the sour cream and the brown sugar together to make a creamy mixture. Method One: I have made this two ways. I usually serve strawberries with a dusting of icing sugar or dipped in chocolate and allowed to set. | Weekend Farmers ». I suspect that my thyroid meds need to be tweaked again. Please contact us here to work with us. Posted on 4 May, 2015 by Rachel — Leave a reply Updated on 1 October, 2018. 07/28/2011 at 08:57 AM. Let everyone have at it. That last picture with the brown sugar just melting into the sour cream makes me so, so hungry. 07/27/2011 at 10:07 PM. https://savorysweetlife.com/strawberries-dipped-in-sour-cream-and-brown-sugar for your information,blueberries are low in calories, high in fiber, vitamin C and antioxidants.This is convinces me to eat more blueberries even I'm not a blueberry fan. I recently got some beautiful berries from the Farmers' Market, and my city-raised daughter said I should have bought Driscoll's berries from the supermarket because my lovely little red berries tasted weird. UGG Plumdale Boots | I've never tried sour cream on berries (just about on everything else though). It would take it to an even higher level! Keely | I'll try this recipe because of the idea of blueberries! « Lemon Pound Cake and The Fairy Hobmother | Together we have created a website devoted to providing flavorful, nutritious meals to share with family and friends. When I want to fancy them up, I either drizzle w/ sweetened condensed milk or make the recipe below: Strawberries Romanov. 07/27/2011 at 02:28 PM. We used to always go to the pick-your-own strawberry fields but this summer my parents got their strawberries from a farm through CSA (community supported agriculture) where they get a basket of produce each week from the farm after buying a "share" at the beginning of summer. //