Your email address will not be published. Add onions and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until lightly golden. To save time, make a lid for your pie by cutting a piece of puff pastry to the size and shape of your serving dish. Add cubed kidney to frying pan and brown, stirring occasionally, for 1-2 minutes. Heat an ovenproof casserole until hot. timeout The beef is so soft and tender, falling apart and full of beer flavour swimming in a rich gravy. Alternatively, you can make the pies in some pie tins. Mashed potatoes are also a great potato side dish. If the contents are even the slightest bit warm, the butter in the pastry will melt before you’ve even got it near the oven. (or sub with beef stock) or 2 cups other dark stout beer. Browning the beef is optional and can be skipped if you are running low on time. This means if you buy the product we get a small commission at no extra cost to you. Slow cooker meat pies that are cooked while you work, play or whatever you do in your day! It’s another one if those week day meals that’s easy to do with the added fact it tastes amazing! Using a slotted spoon, remove cooked meat from the pan and transfer to slow cooker. Follow instructions above to cook them through in the oven or pie maker. Slow cooker lemon-garlic chicken. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non stick pan/skillet and fry in batches until browned all over. Your email address will not be published. You don't need to use expensive cuts of meat for this steak pie. Slow Cooker Steak Pie Recipe. Slice the onions and mushrooms, cut the carrots into roughly 2 cm pieces and add all vegetables to the slow cooker. Tender chunks of braised beef are stewed in a rich onion gravy, and topped with a light puff pastry lid. Mix the cornstarch and water until it forms a paste. Learn how your comment data is processed. Slow cooker meat pies that are cooked while you work, play or whatever you do in your day! This slow cooker steak pie filling is absolutely delicious and surprisingly easy to make. At the end of beef's cooking in slow cooker, preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). ). Once browned, add onions and cook until soft. Remove cooked kidney from the pan and add to cooked beef in slow cooker. Return to the heat, increase heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring constantly, until just thickened. Bake in a preheated 180 C / Gas 4 oven for 20 minutes, or till pastry is golden. , Lamb Transfer mixture to slow cooker and cook for 6 to 8 hours on low. , Pizza There’s something about pies and children; they go hand-in-hand. This steak pie involves very minimal actual prep time; the slow cooker does most of the work for you. We removed the wine because the alcohol doesn’t boil off in a slow cooker, and we heard through feedback that people were finding it quite bitter. Pour in beef stock, reduce heat to low and bring to a simmer, skimming off any fat. Transfer beef mixture to a 2 pint (1L) pie dish and allow cooling completely. Toss the beef in the flour mixture to coat. Pour the whole pan into the slow cooker and mix in with the meat. Make a couple of small holes in the top of the pastry for steam. var notice = document.getElementById("cptch_time_limit_notice_73"); Brush the pastry tops with beaten egg and prick the tops with a fork to allow stream to escape. You can replace the cornflour with an equal quantity of plain flour if you prefer, it makes no difference to the overall flavour! Remove from frying pan and transfer to the same saucepan. Required fields are marked *. I hope you enjoy it! Chunky Slow Cooker Steak Pie. Cover with puff pastry and brush with the egg wash. Bake in an oven at 200°C (390 °F) until golden brown. Cook time 8 … Note: I use a 5.5L (6 Quart) slow cooker for all the recipes that I have on this website unless specified. Add the steak pie filling to some prepared pie tins. Pour the beer and tomatoes over the beef; season with vegetable stock powder (if using) and salt and pepper. I’ve made it once a month for a very long time and gutted to see it’s changed. I will be adding this recipe to my go to pile. A good Sofrito really does make a difference and adds to that good’ole ‘five-a-day’ which cannot be a bad thing! www.slowcookercentral.com/recipe/slows-cooked-steak-and-mushroom-pie Designed & Developed by SoloPine.com, Thank you for a fantastic dinner, Mona! Freeze them for emergencies, or eat them fresh as soon as there done! Is there anyway I can get the old recipe back? Posted on March 23, 2015 Updated on March 23, 2015. It is as good as it sounds and has a lovely rich gravy. Serve with buttery mashed potato and enjoy! Would love to try this- can you recommend a good cut of steak for braising? ALL RIGHTS RESERVED ©2020 Allrecipes.com, Inc. Quickly brown your steak in the oil. – the meat falls apart so easily, the vegetables are soft, and the gravy sauce is perfect with a good dollop of mash! Aussie meat pies at their best. Mix all ingredients together; cover slow cooker with lid and turn on to low settings. Simple and satisfying! Pour in beef stock and add the parsley, thyme and garlic powder. Your email address will not be published. All Rights Reserved. Pour in remaining oil and add butter to frying pan. I highly recommend giving it a try if you are super limited in time. Another slow cooker pie filling that you need to try is the flavor-packed beef and mushroom. …, COPYRIGHT © 2020 CAFE DELITES. It’s all about the meat breaking down and getting so tender, right? Welcome! Stir in a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Such a sp, Today was an exciting day! It makes a tasty beef stew in it’s own right and I will often serve up leftovers with a good dollop of mash potatoes and vegetables! (I also used some of the leftover puff pastry for pudding but rolling some nutella up in it the baking it for 10 mins – yum! if ( notice ) Trust me on this, I’ve learnt the hard way! You can prepare this pie in oven. Feel free to get creative. Remove any excess pastry from the edge of the dish. Transfer the mixture (including excess flour) to a 6-quart slow cooker and then add the carrots, onion, garlic, and thyme. Coat the meat with the oil and then place in a hot pan to lightly sear on all sides (1-2 minutes). There’s no need go out and buy a Pie Maker…although I have one that looks just like this: Pie Makers are a godsend for Summer Pies and avoiding any extra heat coming from ovens. A simple and delicious classic combination! Below are a couple of my absolute favorites. Cut pastry out a 10 in (25 cm) round (to cut it, use a dinner plate as a guide). Score pastry and brush with beaten egg.  =  If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. Add cubed beef and cook until browned on all sides. With that said, there are plenty of foods that will go very nicely with the pie. From memory, it made roughly 12 pies using the tins I had lying around the house.