cooking light’s spicy corn and crab chowder. Served it with Sweet Cornbread. :) I made this Spicy Crab and Corn Chowder a few weeks ago and couldn't wait to get around to sharing it on the blog. Crab and Corn Chowder is so creamy and delicious! I served it with jalapeno cheese cornbread for an extra kick! In a small saucepan over medium heat, saute the bacon until crisp and browned and the fat is rendered. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Stopping by the farmer’s market last weekend, we were excited to see that Rhoads Farms had their triple sweet corn in abundant supply this week. Great soup extremely flavorful and pretty easy to make! Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes. Chef John- Another great recipe. How do you cook the crab legs? I wasn’t sure if I would like the fact that the vegetables are all left intact (no puréeing), but they were tender enough that it wasn’t offputting at all, and the soup still had plenty of body without puréeing. Get Corn and Crab Chowder Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add the whipping cream, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper, cumin, and crab meat. DIRECTIONS. I made this a couple of weeks ago and I’m getting ready to make it again tonight. Lol. I add extra hot sauce to almost everything and ask for extra spicy at Thai restaurants. Gradually whisk in the chicken broth. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Pour 2 1/2 cups water, 1/2 pound corn kernels, and 2 ounces crabmeat into the onion mixture; increase heat to medium-high and bring to simmer. The sweetness of the fresh crab pairs so well with the sweetness of the corn. I added some milk to tone it down a bit which helped but I think if I made it again I'd replace half of the chili pepper with plain bell peppers. Know your ingredients! It came out so good; the flavors were incredible. You saved Creole Crab and Corn Chowder to your. It also buried the paprika & Old Bay. Note: You can lighten this recipe up a little by using half-and-half or whole milk instead of the whipping cream. They are so filling and comforting. Reduce heat and simmer … I agree with review number 3. I'll keep it for inspiration. I only used 3/4 of a jalapeno pepper and the rest green bell pepper and it was still too spicy to taste the 12 worth of crab meat that I put into the recipe. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. I cooked the recipe as directed but Upon serving, I took mounds of crab and topped each soup (4 servings) with crab, sprinkled a little less bacon and garnished with cilantro. Add potatoes onion celery bell pepper Old Bay Seasoning and bay leaf; cook and stir 8 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Note: If you prefer your chowder thicker, whisk in a … But this would be over the top hot and wouldn't allow for enjoying the flavor of that very expensive crabmeat. Plus, this recipe calls for 12 oz. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. (the container is 16 oz) so I use the other 4 oz for a Sherried Crab Sauce recipe I have and dinner for another meal is halfway done! Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in milk and chicken broth. Fresh crab is the only way to go if you can get it. It was still a little hotter than I would have preferred. Bring mixture to a boil. The corn and crab give it a little sweetness and some bacon adds saltiness. If I had made the recipe as is, I would have given it 3 stars at the most, because with that amount of jalapeno in it, I think it would have been inedible. Cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 10 minutes. Creamy chowder-type soups are my favorite. Simmer until thickened. Just like I had in a New Orleans restaurant I had last week!!! I use lump crab meat, but you could use backfin to save a little money. Sprinkle with flour; cook 2 minutes stirring constantly. Leave 2 tablespoons bacon grease in the Dutch oven and cook the celery, onion, red bell pepper, and jalapeno until soft. Heat butter and oil in large saucepan on medium heat. Melt butter in a Dutch oven over medium heat; stir in onion, jalepeno peppers, celery, and a pinch of salt. Cover and puree until smooth. Bring to boil. Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until … I chopped a half cup of green bell pepper then one large jalapeno (2 Tbsp). Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. I ordered the salmon rueben sandwich and it was the highlight of a fantastic meal. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and reserve. Stir 6 ounces of crabmeat, paprika, and heavy cream into chowder. I’m not normally one to review recipes, but this one was really delicious – – even better the next day after the flavors had a chance to meld. Place 1 cup water, 1/2 pound corn kernels, and garlic into a blender. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Made this five or 6 times now I live on the NW Pacific ocean so fresh crab isn't a cost concern..just a bit of work. Your email address will not be published. If you’re looking for a from-scratch Crab Chowder try this Crab and Corn Chowder. That just seemed like heat for the sake of heat. Stir in corn. Leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for 3 days. Stir seafood seasoning and cayenne pepper into onion mixture; cook for 30 seconds. Mine was wonderful, I got so much rest over the weekend after cooking all day on Thursday. Pretty yummy soup though! Congrats! Perhaps lazy of me, but so much quicker and easier. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towel and reserve. I knew using all jalapenos would be more heat than I could handle so I used the milder Anaheim pepper instead. Bring mixture to a boil. I will probably use this recipe again with several alterations of my own. In a small saucepan over medium heat, saute the bacon until crisp and browned and the fat is rendered. I did think it a bit too spicy though. For the liquid, I used 8oz. clam juice and 1 1/2 cup water. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition There’s a jalapeno, a little cumin, and fresh cilantro added for just a little southwestern flavor. Just to clarify, I like it hot, I'm no wimp. The chowder is WAY too spicy and takes away the taste of the crab. Add the corn. They’re not our CSA, but we probably buy more regularly from Rhodes than just about anyone…it’s those crack strawberries they open the season with…and blackberries…and now the corn. This recipe is delicious with them. DIRECTIONS. The corn and crab give it a little sweetness and some bacon adds saltiness. Hearty and full flavored. I used a whole precooked crab. Gently fold in crabmeat and serve. My grocery store has containers of already picked out fresh crabmeat in the seafood area so you don’t have to cook crab or crab legs. Deselect All. 2 tablespoons butter. For best flavor, use fresh crab meat, not canned or imitation. With those changes, it was outstanding with a rich broth, the flavor of the crab came shining through and it was still plenty Creole-spicy! Also when fresh corn is in season here I'll grill and scrape off the cobs just to kick it up even more. This was a wonderful way to use up the leftover crabs...after picking, I had close to a pound and you bet, I put it all in! Cook bacon in a Dutch oven until crisp. Serve with crusty bread for a filling meal. Season with salt and pepper to taste; garnish with green onions and a pinch of cayenne pepper.