I am sorry if this offends - and not only the Spanish - but you could speed this up by using some drained, canned new potatoes instead of cooking real ones. ★☆ The excess olive oil can be used for other dishes, so don't throw it away. To make a real Spanish omelette, follow these easy directions (to serve four): Spanish omelette (tortilla de patatas) recipie [list type=”check”] 5 eggs; 2 large potatoes; 1 Spanish onion; Salt; Olive oil [/list] Step 1: Wash and cut the potatoes into thin slices (2 cm x 2 cm x 3 mm) and sprinkle with salt. Tag @chefjacooks on Instagram and hashtag it #chefjacooks, Your email address will not be published. ★☆ This Spanish Omelette recipe is simple and easy to make. Add the potatoes and cook for a minute. Still, cooking times vary so much for this dish, because if you want to make a big one, you would use 6-8 potatoes and 6-8 eggs, or if you want to make a small one, 3-4 potatoes, and 4 eggs. Enjoy cooking, eating and exploring! Request to speak with a youth worker in your area over the phone, by email or text. Cook for 5 minutes until the egg mixture comes away from the side of the pan. It is thick and dense, rich and indulgent and can be served hot or cold, in large wedges or small cocktail size (hors d’oevure) with toothpicks. I hope you enjoy this Spanish omelette with your family. Place the pan under a pre-heated moderate grill for about 3 minutes to cook the top of the omelette. Thanks! Your email address will not be published. I share my simple Japanese home cooking recipes. If you replace other ingredients instead of potatoes and onion, you can increase your recipe variation and it will be fun. Pour the egg mixture into the heated frying pan and spread evenly to the edge. https://www.olivemagazine.com/.../spanish-pepper-and-potato-omelette No special ingredients are required.I I think these are something you might already have some stock at home. Put potatoes, onions, salt and olive oil in a frying pan, cover and simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, Break the eggs in the bowl, add a pinch of salt and beat it, Drain the excess oil in frying pan,  add potatoes and onions to the bowl and mix thoroughly, Put olive oil in a frying pan, pour ingredients, stir gently, cover and cook on low heat for 7-8 minutes, Turn it over, put olive oil in a frying pan again and cook for 3-5 minutes on low heat. (If you turn on English subtitles, you can see the instruction) Although it is irregular, I update YouTube videos so please subscribe my YouTube channel! Chef JA Cooks participates in amazon.co.jp affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions if you purchase products after clicking an affiliate link. This, like many other Spanish recipes, really requires you to … Read More…. But the point of making it delicious is to cook the potatoes with plenty of olive oil at low temperature. Sign in to manage your newsletter preferences. Cut into wedges and serve with the salad. I make this omelette so many times but each time the outcome is different. This Spanish Omelette recipe is simple and easy to make. Only  5 ingredients, egg, potatoes, onion salt and olive oil. By that way potatoes are more smooth than boiling. The potatoes inside are moist and fluffy and everyone who tried this omelette want to have another round. Leave them be for 5 or so minutes; put a little bit of the olive oil we used to fry the potatoes in a smaller pan. You can top with ketchup and mayonnaise, or make sandwiches, or enjoy a one-plate lunch along with fresh salads and bread. Sounds good to you? No extra cost to you. Registered Charity: CHY16212. I also published how to make Spanish Omelette Recipe on YouTube. Cook for 5 minutes until the egg mixture comes away from the side of the pan. The ultimate comfort food which clears out the fridge too, try our best Spanish omelette recipe with red onion, red pepper and new potatoes. Subscribe to my newsletter and follow me on Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest recipe! Season well, pour in the eggs and stir in the basil. Cheese and Vegetable Spanish Omelette Eat Smarter half-and-half cream, tomato, yellow pepper, fresh chives, red pepper and 8 more Low Carb & Keto Tortilla Española (Spanish Omelette… By entering your details, you are agreeing to olive magazine terms and conditions. Let me walk you through how to make this simple and easy Spanish omelette. Written by SpunOut | View this authors Twitter page and posted in health. Welcome to Ireland's Youth Information Website. Boil the potato slices until just tender, about 4-5 minutes.Cook the onions and pepper in a small deep frying pan in 1 tbsp olive oil until softened. That's why i like to take this Spanish omelette for picnics also I cook this often for a house party as it looks like a cake and easy to serve. Cook until set on the bottom then finish under a preheated grill. Quick cookies, indulgent brownies, family tray bakes and more, Take a look inside our new Christmas issue, Count down to Christmas with craft beers, whiskies and gins, Best DIY restaurant meal kits and recipe boxes, Chard, roast cherry tomato and ricotta bake, Smoked trout and pea frittata with parsley and red onion salad. Sign up to receive recipe inspiration and foodie openings. It is often decreed that the only ingredients (other than eggs of course) proper to a Spanish omelette are onions and potatoes, but I like a touch of red from some chopped peppers. ★☆, Hi, I'm JURI(aka Chef JA)! Thank you for taking time to read my blog♡ If you’ve tried this recipe(or any other recipe on the blog), please give it a star rating below! Easy Spanish Omelette, Spanish tortilla, Tortilla española or tortilla de patatas is a delicious Spanish appetiser, snack and picnic dish made with eggs and potatoes. Stir the potatoes, parsley and fried vegetables into the egg mixture. Do you wanna get updates? Registered Company: 384783. https://cookingtheglobe.com/spanish-omelette-recipe-potato-tortilla Heat 1 dessertspoon of oil in a frying pan. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe Also feel free to leave comments if you have any questions. Stir the potatoes, parsley and fried vegetables into the egg mixture. Ingredients for Spanish Omelette Our family favorite, Spanish omelette. They may be able to assist you by providing further information specific to your needs. when the potatoes are boiled/fried put the oil from the pan aside and mix the potatoes with the eggs in the big bowl. Add salt and ground pepper. Healthy, tasty and easy family friendly meal include vegetarian and vegan. Only 5 ingredients, egg, potatoes, onion salt and olive oil. Freshly cooked one is delicious but also still delicious when it gets cold. Already have an account with us? Please adjust the cook time and the heat according to the state of omelette. You can unsubscribe at any time.