Shure SM58 also comes with a break resistant stand adapter and it rotates 180 degrees. It has its cardioid pattern as one of its impressive features. Juan – Not sure if it is your cable or mixer. So i dont mind paying that much for the sennheiser e845? Cheers, If you’re ordering multiple microphones and you need to order them on a budget, you can’t go wrong with a few Shure SM58s. Now my question is, which one of the 4 is the best for streaming, in a not THAT loud room, but still my kids will be playing or my girlfriend would be watching tv, in a room 10 meters away, and there are no doors between us that i can close. So let’s begin.Check out the specifications of these mics in the table below: I’ve personally sung many shows on a Shure SM58, and as a live sound engineer I’ve depended on this microphone at countless gigs, including everything from stand up comedy, to rock n’ roll, to school events. Out of every single one of them, the Shure SM58 still holds an unbeatable legacy of durability and sound quality only rivaled by a few microphones (including the e835). Oh okay, i thought it was the other way around, that with the e845 you have a little bit more space to have the mic further away from you ? JBL Flip 2 Review – Is It A Good Portable Speaker? Even if you plan on doing a two pc setup, a mixer will send all the inputs into one signal. Personally I prefer Seenheiser because I am more comfortable with it. Matt – For live recording, I suppose a dynamic mic suffices. Nach 5 Jahren im Einsatz möchte ich mich einmal zum E845 äußern. However, I would shy away from using it on anything that needs information below 100Hz because the SM58 doesn’t seem to handle this region very well. Well done Jason, for recommending the senn E845 as a close comparison to the mighty SM58. Its reputation precedes it: it’s the toughest microphone in the biz. Click to check best price . For the EQ abilities with the SM58 that are not as wide ranging as those on the e835, I’ll have to give the win to the SM58 since it can be molded much more to sound better on any source. Invest in a more expensive mic later when your stream pays the bills. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. When I first embarked on the music recording journey, Jason recommend the industry standard none other than the self-proclaimed-legendary Shure SM58 that is tuned to accentuate the warmth and clarity of vocals. To add on to my earlier message the Sennheiser E845 is indeed a very awesome Mic, especially for female voices and is a lot clearer then the SM58, the SM58 is a great jam or gig mic though because its built like a bloody tank. Unsere beliebtesten Dynamische Gesangsmikrofone, Sennheiser Dynamische Gesangsmikrofone zur Übersicht, Dynamische Gesangsmikrofone für 90 €–110 € anzeigen, Zur Kategorie Dynamische Gesangsmikrofone. Its dependability is second to none. I did watch a video on this and in it the guy said you could do this and the audio sounded good enough for me. Not sure why, I even prefer to use e845 for demo track-by-track recording than my Samson condenser mic. You may wish to give them a try. As for studio recording, condenser mic is still better in terms of the details such as breath and the opening and closing of lips for vocal focused songs. The 835 seems more balanced across the spectrum, and also provides greater clarity. Sennheiser e835 vs Shure SM58 Showdown [Dec 2019] The Shure SM58 is one of the most legendary microphones in audio. 72-seitiger Anleitung, in farbiger Kartonbox, aus Keramik, Farbe: blau-weiß, Gewicht: 326g, laut dem weltberühmten Ocarinavirtuosen Satoshi Osawa ist dies die perfekte Wahl für... Presonus PD-70; dynamisches Sprecher und Recording Mikrofon; ideal für Sprachanwendungen wie Podcasts, Live-Streaming oder traditionelle Rundfunkanwendungen; Richtcharakteristik: Niere; Empfindlichkeit: 1.6mV/Pa; Frequenzgang: 20Hz - 20kHz; Nennimpedanz: 350 Ohm; robuste Konstruktion; integrierte Halterung und Windschutz. Like the Sennheiser e845 it isolates your voice from the surrounding noise and echoes. But I always keep a Shure SM58 in my guitar bag as a backup. Cardioid vs. Supercardioid. In my experience, if the highs are boosted anymore on an e835 in a live setting, then the microphone starts feeding back like crazy, an issue which needs to be avoided at all costs. The Shure SM58 is one of the most legendary microphones in audio. Ask yourself: why do I want this microphone? Thanks for the tips. I am a big fan of the e835 and e845 by Sennheiser. But if you’re looking for a more sensitive, versatile mic: treat yourself! What’s your take on this? | Powered by WordPress, Sennheiser e835 vs Shure SM58 Showdown [Dec 2019], Main Difference Between the Sennheiser e835 vs Shure SM58, Shure SM58S Vocal Microphone (with On Off Switch), Sennheiser E835 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone, The Ultimate Sennheiser RS 170 Headphones Review. I thought SM57 (?) MessianicDreams. Michael Beeghley is musician, sound designer, voice actor, and audio critic. That's a good way to ruin your mic, so be careful not to accidentally turn it on it you get a preamp. Click to check best price . And I enjoy visiting that Sim Lim shop every now and then. I use the Neewer NW 700 plugged into a Behringer UMC22. It is that sensitive. Sennheiser has brought out a microphone in this category. is meant for instruments while SM58 is for vocals. 7 Best Speaker Selectors With Volume Control in 2020. Dynamics don't need phantom power. Take a bit of getting used to but I guess that is one of the techniques that I should master. I have a baritone voice. There is a presence boost, a flat frequency in the midrange and a roll-off in the lows. The tradeoff of the Beta 58A is a bit of noticeable graininess and harshness. Shure SM58S vs. Sennheiser e845S Sign in to disable this ad Which one is better? I put one over the percs’ section ( ‘Drum Love’, 3piece djembe and timbale hand drums) and it did indeed have the depth and clarity of a pcm. The Sennheiser E835 is one of the renowned microphones in the Sennheiser E800 series. Unless something/someone is right next to me, it picks up nothing but my voice. You know the story: hard rock singers know all too well about singing in a bar and putting their mouth right on an SM58. A lot of these details come from the mic’s Supercardioid polar pattern. While I haven’t had a problem with either mic’s durability, I have treated my Sennheiser e845 more kindly over the years compared to my SM58. In the box, you will find a microphone clip as well. For certain applications, this is incredibly useful and the e835 will win over an SM58 every time. Regardless, both microphones will stand up for 99% of what you can throw at them and an attractive 10 year factory warranty on the Sennheiser gives a little bit of comfort if the microphone somehow does end up under the wheel of a tour bus. I ran this with a Rhode NT1A and could achieve near studio quality recording. I use a dynamic (Shure SM48, I think, plugged into the Scarlett 2i2) with a noise gate filter in OBS. Designed with live performance in mind (stage mic), the e835 can handle high SPLs (in excess of 150dB), has a uniform pickup pattern to capture the same sound around the basket of the microphone, and a new shock mount to reduce handling noise. You can hear it, too. For me, I prefer e845. That isn’t to say that the microphone sounds muffled, because it certainly does not, but it just sounds like a clean slate with crisp clarity. I’m about to start performing with a covers band and have had both the shure and sennheiser recommended to me. (With Pros & Cons). Prior to that are the NT1A. If so, I'll just keep it. Michael is the founder of Hammer Street Productions, a boutique audio... SoundMaximum is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon LLC owned websites. ), On Your Wedding Day – A 2018 Korean Movie That Made Me Fall in Love & Heartbroken Once Again. Out of the box, you may be underwhelmed with the SM58, but all the information is there for you to turn it into the handheld microphone you want to hear. While you won’t hear much below 50Hz on either of the microphones, the e835 has a much slower roll-off, maintaining a lot of those low-end frequencies. Released in the year 1998, this mic offers so much for vocals. Hi Dave. You have to maintain a steady posture when using such a mic because the pickup pattern is so small. For streaming, I used to use that same NT1A with a Scarlett2i2 interface and had pretty solid quality. Guess what? However, this means that the microphone has much less room for EQ before meddling into poor territory. I'm starting to look for a good one , not too expensive, but still one that has quality. Bottom Line Up Front: For most users, I recommend going with the Shure SM58 available here. The e835 cannot be pushed with EQ like the SM58 can, and resembles more of a finished product and less of a canvas. On the other side, the lows sound fuller and more defined, making the microphone’s all-around sound more pleasing when first set up. As such, the SM58 is an excellent stage microphone. That's a good way to ruin your mic, so be careful not to accidentally turn it on it you get a preamp.