it. I’ve been using allulose to sweeten with lately. It has sugar alcohols, so it should work, might take longer to caramelize. I use liquid maple syrup. Really tasty recipe. I'm Cristina and I believe that you can heal your body through food! I will edit the post to add toasting instructions in detail. Perfect for gift giving. This recipe takes a lot of patience. Since then, we’ve become a nut free house. Do not overmix as this will lead to a very dense brittle if all of the air bubbles created by the baking soda are allowed to escape. 50 bay leaves 350g shelled walnuts 350g runny honey. Can’t wait to make it for them! You need to watch it, nuts and sugar both burn easily. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes. Okay, this IS addictive… the whole family loves it. Here comes trouble and she’s carrying brittle! Did not have much liquid in the pan left when spreading it out on the sheet. Peanut Butter Chocolate Strawberry Vanilla Coconut No Preference. Dottie :). Line a baking tray with a Silpat liner or parchment paper. Use this recipe to learn how to make peanut brittle without corn syrup! Girl, yes… it disappears in my house too lol. Immediately transfer the mixture onto the prepared baking tray and spread it slightly, taking care not to deflate the mixture completely. That’s the trick. I love your recipes and cookbooks! It looks like something I’d love! :) CC. I like this recipe as I am not fond of peanuts. They have to be watched closely, though as they will brown very quickly. Hey There! In cute little tins, or bags tied up with pretty ribbon! What would be the carbs with maple syrup don’t think I can find allulose here, I don’t know, a lot more surely, but still less than if it were regular brittle. This is INCREDIBLE! Support small businesses and give gifts that everyone on your list will love. I used granulated monkfruit sweetener because that’s what I had. You can take a peek inside our circa 1840 New England farmhouse and see what is growing in the gardens. I’ll trade you some of my peanut brittle for a bag of this! Allow to cool completely then break into pieces as desired. Best of all, it allows us to enjoy the taste of great peanut brittle without the peanuts. This is a fabulous recipe and post on your Oat Brittle. I love other nuts, and always used to make Kahlua nuts years ago, but stopped when I found out my daughter was severely allergic to tree nuts. Can not wait to make this. […] favorite desserts, Sticky Toffee Pudding, by adding dates and Golden Syrup to the oatmeal. Leave it the Scots to come up with a dessert out of oatmeal! Let's learn, heal and grow together. Stir in peanuts. I bet it’s absolutely delicious too. Love this type of gift! Do not touch the mixture as it will be incredibly hot and could easily burn your skin. Just made it! Help spread the word. Required fields are marked *. Quickly transfer the mix, while hot to the parchment paper and spread it out a bit to create aprx a 6×6  inch mass. If you are looking for any products that I recommend or suggestions for gifts, take a look at my, Almond Bread (Australian Almond Biscuits or Biscotti). I LOVE this idea! If you’d like to learn more about the ingredients and tools I use when making this recipe, you can find them right here: Pin Recipe. My husband and I have nearly finished half of it already and I just finished making it 30 minutes ago! After living with a painful autoimmune disease and obesity most of my life, I said enough! You read that right. Of course, if there are no nut allergies, you can substitute a combination of oats and nuts, too. Cook here, over medium heat until bubbly. I have both your books! Full disclosure I’ve made this recipe three times and each time had to give away most of it to stop me from eating it all. This is perfect for my friends who have kids with nut allergies! We go through oats in my family like there’s not tomorrow and this brittle sounds fabulous! The recipe calls for constant frequent stirring to avoid this. Let me know how you like it best! I help people heal through delicious food, self love and education! This take on our old recipe for peanut brittle does just that with amazing results. I only use erythritol at the moment… how much would I use for this recipe please? 76,575 suggested recipes. You're awesome for doing it! I cannot have dairy. Set aside. I upped the heat but not all the way. Thanks so much for this recipe. This is ABSOLUTELY wonderful!! Brittle can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for several days. This recipe looks so yummy. Thanks! Today I followed recipe but only stirred for 5 minutes but still didn’t see stuff on the pecans. Oat Brittle. Bonus it’s made with simple, clean ingredients so it won’t leave you feeling yuck! I can’t wait to make I have to order the Golden Syrup from Amazon. If using the other references nuts will the nutrition rates still be the same? This is similar to the way I used it in my Sticky Toffee Porridge recipe. Required fields are marked *, Cooked this? She's most likely napping on the couch! Yes, as addictive as my Coconut Caramel Slice. Mix sugar, water, and corn syrup in a heavy sauce pan; insert candy thermometer. If using for Sticky Toffee Porridge or for other desserts, crush into small pieces. That’s great, Lisa! I’m wondering for a dairy free version, if instead of coconut oil, I used cacao butter? The butter and sweetener will create a foamy, golden bubble, about 6- 8 minutes. You’re right, it would be a lovely holiday gift! Brittle. Thanks so much for your awesome recipes! 1/2 tsp vanilla. Making another batch!!!! It makes a great holiday food gift! (And, must admit that I am no a huge fan of peanut brittle anyway!). I will consume these batches and try again with 2/3 cup maple syrup and 3/8 cup of vegan butter. Would coconut oil pr vegan butter work? And quite simple to make, thanks for posting up. From spice blends to self-care and everything in between. If you don’t live with nut allergies, you could easily use peanuts instead. If you adapt our recipes, please re-write the recipe in your own words, and link back to our post for the original recipe. 1/4 Cup butter. This is as delicious as it looks !! Absolutely, Faith! Remember to leave a review on Amazon, please! When I put it on the sheet pan, I keep the nuts pretty bunched up, once it cools it will stick together. Did you use a granulated sweetener or liquid? If you would like to share our original content with your audience, please contact us so that we can work together. I’ve lots of it and not much coconut oil left . This e-book bridges the gap between keto and paleo beautifully with simple, squeaky clean recipes packed with nutrients, color and flavor.