Players must upgrade a base weapon to a certain threshold before they can ascend a weapon with a boss soul. RELATED: Dark Souls: The 10 Most Interesting Facts About The Furtive Pygmy. © Valve Corporation. Vertigo. Quelaag: Chaos Blade: Requires +10 Katana (Uchigatana, Washing Pole … Since this weapon is in the Chaos archetype, having ten Humanity on hand will grant additional damage. RELATED: Dark Souls: Everything You Didn't Know About The Gaping Dragon (According To Lore). These weapons should be unstoppable, and some certainly are. If players would prefer to wield a katana than a curved sword, using the Soul of Quelaag to build the Chaos Blade is a better idea than making Quelaag's Furysword. I owned this game since GFWL was up and had just gotten to Anor Lando before I gave up for a while. I would save the Quuelaag soul. This sword is AMAZING. Most enemies in Dark Souls are vulnerable to fire, which makes this weapon a true powerhouse for PvE and against most hostile players. Each boss has a surprising amount of lore and challenges players with a deadly suite of moves. Dragon Bone Fist (+10 Fists), Golem Axe (+10 axes) Soul of Gwyndolin. Three versions of this weapon exist in Dark Souls. You can find a lightning spear in Sen's in a chest. Faith builds can scale the lightning damage to extreme heights while quality builds can make the weapon's physical portion pack a serious punch. Use it acquire a huge amount of souls, or create a new weapon. All rights reserved. That also includes the player if they get inflicted by a bleed effect, so be sure to use a Bloodbite Ring and any bleed-resistance armor to make this weapon less stressful to wield. If you want to use a dex-build, you should try the estoc or the uchigatana. Pressuring opponents with its pokes is great for PvP. At +5, this weapon has an Attack Rating of 180 with a B scaling in intelligence. I defeated Quelaag and obtained her soul. While having 10 humanity is annoying (especially for bosses as you'll die multiple times and focusing on getting your stuff back instead of killing the boss will most likely get you killed), it is better than the Drake sword. NEXT: Dark Souls: 5 Worst Areas In The Game (& 5 Of The Best). Consume the soul directly for 8000 Souls. By ascending a +10 halberd or whip with the Soul of Priscilla, players can create the devastating Lifehunt Scythe. Katana for Chaos blade, curved sword for Furysword. With an understanding of games for as long as he can remember, Charles has a large interest in understanding what makes things fun. if u want +5, all u have to do is go to sen´s fortress and trade one dung pie with snuggly, don´t even have to go to izalith ;). The blade also scales off of a player's Humanity, granting increased damage up til a player reaches ten Humanity. It scales with DEX as well. You can easily go through rest of the game with it, except for Demon Ruins/Lost Izalith, where enemies are resistant to fire, you will need another weapon for those two areas. After defeating Gwyn, players will be able to infuse his soul into either a +10 straight sword greatsword to create the Great Lord Greatsword. While having 10 humanity is annoying (especially for bosses as you'll die multiple times and focusing on getting your stuff back instead of killing the boss will most likely get you killed), it is better than the Drake sword. Once you've defeated Queelag, she of the Spidery-Womanly bits, you'll receive the Soul of Queelag. As for the blade itself, the Great Lord Greatsword is solid in PvP thanks to its exceptional range, fast swing speed, and above-average Attack Rating. Hybrid characters are better off scaling the Dragonslayer Spear or any infused weapon. No build in Dark Souls should consider using the Dragon Bone Fist unless they are obsessed with this weapon's heavy attack. Regardless, the Greatsword of Artorias is a subpar greatsword due to how split its damage output is. 1h vs 2h I take it? #3. This Soul is highly recommended to be kept rather than consumed - with a Blacksmith and the right equipment, this Soul can be used to create a highly desirable sword. Now I'm back really ready to try and beat it. The Crystal Ring Shield is automatically a subpar shield due to its inability to parry enemy targets, the only small shield in the game to lack this property. Stats naturally, Do it, Drake sword doesn't scale, Quelaag's Furysword does with humanity. 8 Quelaag's Furysword While Chaos weapons might have their fair share of detractors in the Dark Souls fandom, many will still find it hard to discredit Quelaag's Furysword. Considering this weapon's great moveset and long reach, the Chaos Blade is one of the best boss weapons a player can make in Dark Souls. Quality builds are better off with other greatswords. Here are the five best and worst boss weapons players can use in the original Dark Souls. What's the difference between the Chaos Blade and the Fury Sword? I don't like slow weapons so I don't bother upgrading those. In its place is a projectile attack that deals a pitiful amount of damage with no means of scaling. Defeating one of Dark Souls' bosses rewards players with a soul to craft weapons. For a bow that is tied behind a secret boss battle, the Darkmoon Bow is easily the worst boss weapon in the game. Every swing from this katana deals 216 physical damage with a B scaling in dexterity when upgraded. And again my most powerful weapon is my Drake Sword. Arguably the most underrated boss weapon in the original Dark Souls, the Moonlight Butterfly Horn is a fantastic Spear that can be infused into a +10 spear. Intense action within the dungeons, encounters with terrifying enemies and innovative online features combine for a unique gaming experience. Virtually every build in Dark Souls can take advantage of the Dragonslayer Spear. Just be sure to have a method of healing while wielding this blade as it deals 20 HP damage to its wielder with every strike. Assassin’s Creed Valhalla: 10 Reasons Eivor Is The Best Assassin In The Series, Dark Souls: The 5 Best Boss Weapons (& 5 Worst), Dark Souls: Everything You Didn't Know About The Gaping Dragon (According To Lore), Dark Souls: 10 Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Bonfires, despite the Gwyn fight depicting otherwise, Dark Souls: The 10 Most Interesting Facts About The Furtive Pygmy, raw damage per swing that the Great Scythe has, Dark Souls: 5 Worst Areas In The Game (& 5 Of The Best), The Witcher 3: 10 Secrets About The Setting That Most People Don't Notice, 10 Things That Make No Sense About The Doom Franchise, The Most Expensive Magic: The Gathering Cards Ever Sold, The 15 Rarest Nintendo Games (& How Much They’re Worth), Fallout: 10 Things That Make No Sense About The Timeline, The 10 Best PlayStation Easter Eggs Hidden In Astro's Playroom, 10 Strongest Dragons In Dark Souls (According To The Lore), Assassin's Creed: Every Game, Ranked By How Long They Take To Beat, 10 RPG Stories That Are Worse Than Skyrim, Fallout 4: 10 Actions With Real Consequences, 5 Of The Best Visual Novels (& 5 Of The Worst), According To Metacritic, The 10 Biggest Fixes Call Of Duty: Cold War Needs, 10 Small Details In The Story Of Destiny 2: Beyond Light, Red Dead Online: 10 Most Dangerous Animals, 10 Weird Plot Holes In Spider-Man: Miles Morales, 5 Consoles That Were More Expensive Than The PS5 & Xbox Series X At Launch (& 5 That Were Much Cheaper). simple as that. This weapon is unique in that it only deals magic damage. Let Kingskeeper Frampt eat it and earn 1000 Souls. An exceptionally high magic resistance stat of 90% makes it invaluable against the Four Kings and Seath fights, yet that is all this shield can realistically provide for players.