Thank you, You are very welcome, so glad you enjoyed them , […] decided to add to my growing list of 2 point greek yogurt muffins, like my popular pumpkin banana yogurt muffins and my strawberry banana yogurt muffins , both equally delicious and these new apple […]. Bake for 17 – 19 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. I have made them twice now. If you whip muffin batter with a beater the final product will be as hard as a hockey puck. So if you find yourself with some overripe bananas and leftover canned pumpkin on hand, grab a big bowl (you only need one), toss in all the ingredients below, and whip yourself up a batch of these jumbo pumpkin banana muffins. If you’re looking to prepare Banana Pumpkin Muffins on a whim and are missing a few ingredients at home don’t worry! You’ll see what I’m talking about. Yum! Does this mean 0% sugar? You’re going to love it! Combine flour, oat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in … Print Recipe. I don’t recommend using nonfat Greek yogurt because it would most likely change the taste and the texture of the muffins. You can use a microwave to reheat muffins but they won’t produce the desired crunchy texture. Great recipe! What do you do when you have two overripe bananas and a half-empty can of pumpkin that need to be used up, stat? Today, muffins are often sold at grocery stores, McDonald’s cafes and coffee shops like Starbucks and Tim Horton’s. Amanda – you did it again…lol!! Chop the ripe bananas into the size of a grape. Oh, yes. If you wish to accept click here. I have pumpkin seasoning…, Hi sorry I missed this, not sure if you used pumpkin seasoning but it would be fine. So what qualities make the best muffins? I really do, lol! I chose to use 2% Greek yogurt in this recipe because it’s full fat and is therefore richer in flavor. Hi! They’re just used for sweetness, not flavor. In one bowl, mash the bananas. You need to open a bakery, missy. Follow Beat Bake Eat on  It’s one of the most popular on-the-go breakfasts that can easily be made ahead and stored in the freezer to enjoy later. And just putting chips on top actually sounds pretty genius. I’m not sure because I’ve never tried it myself but I did a little research and I think it could work. Feel free to use whichever one you want. Set aside. In the summer we’d forage for wild blueberries and incorporate them into out favourite baked goods. If desired, sprinkle some additional chocolate chips on top and gently press them in. Chocolate Pudding Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Boxed Mix), Vanilla Pudding Sour Cream Bundt Cake (Boxed Mix), Mini Healthy Applesauce Muffins (Toddler-Friendly), How to make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins, Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookie Blondies, Chocolate Cookies with White Chocolate Chips, Chewy Cream Cheese Snickerdoodles {Egg Free}, Gluten Free White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies, Healthy Oatmeal Banana Muffins {Sugar Free}, 12 Protein Powder Cookies for Bodybuilding, Can pumpkin muffins be frozen? I added 1/4 tsp each of ginger and allspice. I enjoy these easy to make, Healthy Pumpkin Spice muffins year round, but they are extra special when the fall pumpkin spice craze is in the air. Banana Pumpkin Muffins are a perfect sweet breakfast or on the go snack. LoL! These look like a squash. Thank you for sharing and helping me continue my healthy diet. ©2020 All Rights Reserved. Leave a comment and rating down below to let me know what you think, and subscribe to our mailing list to receive new recipes in your inbox! For some reason I was reading 3/4 of the can and not cup. I made these muffins the other day, and they are amazing! Don't over-mix! Anyways- i did really like them, and yes, they are DENSE! She shares the idea of opening a store that sells just muffin tops with her ex-boss and is outraged when he steals her idea. Thank you. It’s tragic stuff, really. I. Thanks for leaving a comment! Re-sprinkle with the sugar mixture. It doesn’t really matter. Time to redeem myself with these! For best results, form a well in the dry ingredients and pour your wet ingredients inside. This looks delicious! 15 min. I'm Amanda - health coach, cookbook author, recipe developer, photographer, makeup junkie, and the blogger behind Running with Spoons - a blog dedicated to proving that healthy snacking doesn't have to be tasteless or boring, one delicious recipe at a time. And I made sure to put 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract in this recipe to really amp up the flavor. Now for some actual rustic props . People do it all the time with muffin recipes. Thanks for sharing. Oats are also rich in  beta-glucan, which helps reduce high cholesterol and maintain blood sugar levels, and vitamin B1, which helps your body convert food  into energy. Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the tops of your muffins are set and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. These are dense, and not super sweet – but that is what I like about them! The only types of muffins that I used to make were banana muffins. I love them with a Tbsp of lite cool whip spread on top! And I know if you’re new to the world of baking with whole wheat flour they can seem like they have a harsh texture but they don’t if you put the right ingredients in your recipe. (Awesome name, by the way) All varieties of pumpkin (or squash) are nutritious, but butternut squash is a superfood because it contains high levels of carotenoids, which help combat cancer and support skin health. That or use parchment paper liners – those are what I always use and they never stick. A few lumps is fine. A muffin is an individual-sized, baked product most commonly associated with morning mealtime. They’re naturally sweetened, low calorie, low fat, and kid-friendly. These low calorie pumpkin muffins are made with one whole cup of canned pumpkin puree. That sounds delicious! This recipe has all of the great flavors you love when it comes to pumpkin muffins but without all of the extra calories. Or use buttermilk instead of yogurt. One bowl…definitely making! lolol you are SO right about the canned pumpkin! Mix. The finished batter should be fully incorporated, so be sure to scrape the bottom of the bowl so you don’t find unmixed flour. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean.