Instead of 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, add 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce for all or part of it. It was so moist and it tasted so delicious. This recipe uses vegetable oil for moisture. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition Add spices, vanilla and pumpkin. Thanks. As it baked it got darker than expected so I put a piece of foil over the top, I checked the bread at an hour and it was done. I topped it all with a struesel crumb topping - also perfect! I’ll use this hot my pumpkin cheesecake too! I added walnuts…wonderful. Instead of 3/4 cup of vegetable oil, add 3/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce for all or part of it. Cream sugar, oil and applesauce together. I plan to bake this in toss it aluminum pans to give as gifts~when using those pans I spray them really well with Pam and use granulated sugar instead of flour. I made it in 3 smaller loaf pans. Let the loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and stir until blended. So moist. I think the next time i make it i will add nuts and use a little less Cinnamon. To a large bowl, add the pumpkin, applesauce, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla and canola oil. Love this! Make exactly as written. My only change was to substitute 3-4 tsp pumpkin spice in place of the spices. I used almost all the sugar called for (just did light scoops, not packed, so probably 1/3 c less overall), and it was perfect. 197 calories; protein 3.3g 7% DV; carbohydrates 44g 14% DV; fat 1.3g 2% DV; cholesterol 31mg 10% DV; sodium 220.4mg 9% DV. Thanks for an amazing recipe. Baked 55 min. This is the best pumpkin bread I have ever made. It’s super moist and full of wonderful fall, pumpkin flavors. Your email address will not be published. Moist, yet sliceable bread that was easy to serve without falling apart. I came up with this for my brother's 18th birthday and it has been devoured in just two days. I probably will not make this again as I have a recipe from a 1970 s church cookbook that is phenomenal. Total Carbohydrate Required fields are marked *, RESTAURANT-QUALITY RECIPESYOU CAN EASILY MAKE AT HOME, Copyright © 2020 thestayathomechef.comAll rights reserved. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/chunky-apple-pumpkin-bread I also added in half a container of vanilla yogurt for more depth (normally would have done a couple of big spoons of sour cream, but was out). How would you adjust the recipe? I used pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and a bit of cardamom and allspice. I came up with this for my brother's 18th birthday and it has been devoured in just two days. I added chocolate chips to one loaf for my niece and she was thrilled. It’s moist and delicious, and perfect for fall! Whisk these ingredients together with a wire whisk until they're combined. In a large mixing bowl, beat together pumpkin, applesauce, sugar, water, and eggs until well blended. Congrats! Amount is based on available nutrient data. This was the first time trying this recipe and I doubled it because a small can of pumpkin is twice the amount called for. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. That’s okay! Spoon the batter into the loaf pan you've prepared. Can I just use pumpkin spice?? Thanks. Here are some of my favourite ingredients that you can add to replace up to half the oil in your favourite muffin or loaf recipes: Looking for more easy pumpkin recipes? When you click on these links and purchase a product I earn a small commission at no additional cost to you. Love the bread but I add semi sweet chocolate chips. This will become a family favourite. Alternately add flour mixture and water or apple juice. Try adding chopped apple or nuts for a varied texture. I believe the applesauce in the recipe is what makes it so ooey-gooey moist. Waaaaay too much ground cloves and sugar. It keeps well and is a great food to bring to holiday gatherings. Tips & Recipes for Stress-Free Holiday Entertaining!! I have the perfect substitute for you. Every slice is chock full of nuts and spices. Super moist with a tasty outer crust. I will be making it for Thanksgiving and all of the holidays. They are incredible with their butter pecan syrup! September 15, 2020 Breakfast Healthy Kid-friendly Muffins and Loaves Pumpkin Recipe Videos. You can replace the sugar with the same amount of honey.