WANT MORE RECIPES? These Turons are a classic childhood merienda of every Filipino. Dec 19, 2019 - How to make a delicious Mini Banana Turon with Langka and Sesame Seeds. made this for merienda today but i used cream cheese mixed with a little bit of vanilla extract and sugar. The combination makes it really yummy while still being friendly to the budget. Over the weekend, i tried several variants of the turon. Then place it in the center of the spring roll wrapper, together with 1 piece of langka on the side. The point in using cheese is to stay away from the common inclusion of langka. As street food, they are sold along sidewalks by ambulant vendors who cook them on gas stoves set on rolling carts. Nov 11, 2014 - Explore LutongFilipino.com's board "Turon", followed by 434 people on Pinterest. Put back turon in a pan, mix to coat evenly and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if using then place on a serving plate and serve warm. Then fold both ends of the wrapper and roll from top to bottom and brush with a little water on the edge to seal. Did you try cooking this recipe? Prepare your spring roll wrappers on a plate. ….. My sweet, crunchy and piping hot mini-Turons…. Mag merienda muna tayo mga kapamilya. Once the oil is hot, add the wrapped bananas and cook until all sides are golden or light brown. Hi Ma’am, iniisip ko ngang gawin yan nung nakaraan na nagluto ako kaya lang nagdalawang isip ako. Sesame Seeds Recipes: With a nutty crunch and sweet flavour, sesame seeds are a popular ingredient used extensively in Indian cooking. But when I opened the fridge, I saw the quickmelt cheese and the lumpia wrapper, and there we have turon for breakfast! Making the Latik sauce was so easy! Loading… Have you tried Saging na Turon ala Mode (Ube Ice cream scoop on top). Oct 19, 2018 - Try this Mini Turon or Turonettes, covered in thin coat of crisp sugar brittle and drizzled with a delicious coconut caramel syrup. To assemble place 1 wrapper then put 2 halves of banana, insert a strips of jackfruit in between and lightly sprinkle a teaspoon of brown sugar. With the first batch, the cheese oozed out and the wrapper popped holes. It is usually sold by Filipino street vendors and enjoyed as a sweet snack or a satisfying dessert. It was harder to keep myself from dipping a spoon (or spoons) into it so I can lick it off. Saba banana is also called burro bananas .. Plantain banana is a good substitute. It is easy to make and so affordable. This happens to me every time! Roll the wrapper and lock the edges with a touch of water. After they cooled down and when we had leftovers we even refrigerated them. No spam. Well it’s a snack time for me Note: Don’t forget to turn the heat on low to avoid sugar from burning or you’ll end up with a bitter Turon. Serve the Mini Turon with the Latik Sauce. Thanks a lot for supporting our website and help other friends discover great recipes. Published on 03/23/2018 in Appetizers & Snacks, Modern Filipino, Sweets & Desserts, Alex Veneracion, Spring Rolls, Turon. You can also swirl some simple syrup over it. The following day they were still crunchy straight out of the refrigerator. Each mini turon is composed of a quarter (1/4) slice of saba banana, a strip of ripe jack fruit, and some brown sugar. They’re so yummy! Chill banana rolls in a freezer for 5 minutes. It was also a chance for us get our bearings and see our new surroundings, right?! So surprised and happy that we have the same recipe for cheesy turon except that I use quick melt cheese. And seal the wrappers very well to prevent the cheese from leaking out when it melts during frying. Yes, but I don’t like it so I don’t make it. What is this blog about? Heat oil in a small pan over medium heat. For Frying: In a shallow pan, heat oil  over medium heat. Well it’s a snack time for me Note: Don’t forget to turn the heat on low to avoid sugar from burning or you’ll end up with a bitter Turon. How to cook turon with sesame seeds: Pass po muna tayo sa mga ulam. Add the brown sugar and salt and stir until completely dissolved. Thanks po sa idea. super sarap. If your sauce becomes too thick when cooled, just heat it again and add a little water. Just a few days ago, Armin and I decided to cruise along our new neighborhood. hi aunt connie im a be ur number 1 fan…i like chees turon…:). I hope ksp cathes your comment, antonio. thanks! Semi-ripe bananas are too firm and lack the right amount of sweetness. I love watching Foodnetwork Channel & YouTube cooking videos it helps me develop my skills. Sold that way, turon is laced with plenty of brown sugar and filled with lots of langka (jackfruit) strips. Turon is a spring roll filled with saba banana. Imagine it drizzled with coconut caramel as well. Your email address will not be published. Place a slice of cheese on top. Armin knew what this means…it’s Turon time! I sometimes make turon a slight bigger than lumpiang shanghai, and serve them as finger food at parties. Start frying the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper. I think I can freeze those as well. Prepare “Lumpia” Spring Rolls wrapper, sugar and water in a clean chopping board. That is when I saw this lovely cluster of cooking bananas or ‘Saba’ as we call it and they were just so beautiful, with perfect shape, color and all…I knew I have to get them. Mini Turon with Latik Sauce (Banana Lumpia with Coconut Caramel Sauce). And guess who was happier to see me carrying them back to the car. If i want to give it away – how do i pack it to make sure it’s still crunchy? cheesy turon is a real delight to our taste! happy eating! It’s made from ripe banana “Saba” with Jackfruit strips wrapped in “Lumpia” Spring Rolls wrapper. This smaller but more glamourous version of Turon is covered in caramelized sugar then sprinkled with sesame seeds. If you are looking for a recipe and it ain't here, make a request and I will try my best to make it for you! Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. :). I love your relax life life there. Send it to us via email: mammasguide@gmail.com or message us on our Facebook Page. Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all of the latest updates. In another plate, add sugar and coat 1 banana slice in brown sugar evenly. thanks for that…anyway i wonder how does ksp do that old way of doing the sauce i wanted to try that condensed milk and panutsa sauce i think it would be sumptuous! That’s why it’s so important to use very ripe bananas. big hit with the hubby! Receive new posts directly delivered to your inbox, As a bonus, a FREE eCookbook and printable Recipe Cards upon subscription. 3 tablespoons brown sugar and cook until it caramelizes.