Remove the chicken from the grill and sprinkle with chopped cilantro and garnish with lime slices. If you want a thinner consistency, feel free to add more water, but it’s really not necessary. With our cookbook, it's always BBQ season. This Mexican Chicken Marinade is made with a blend of olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder and herbs and spices that create juicy and tender chicken! On said breakfast tacos, on rice bowls, in quesadillas, or burritos -- you name it. Whisk vegetable oil, chili powder, lime juice, honey, garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper in a bowl to make a marinade. After all, I want to do everything I can to help us all make the very most out of my time outside this summer, given who cooped up we've been this spring! After all, it fuels us for all of life's activities and adventures! I like to start with sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil. What is Mexican Chocolate (and how to use it!). Here are a few ideas: I like to store this marinade in a mason jar in the fridge. © All rights reserved. We will never share your information, and you may unsubscribe at any time. Seal bag or cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 to 8 hours. Variety of shopping guides from Snappy Gourmet including favorite kitchen products, ideas for kids who like to cook, etc. Super simple! Made with easy-to-find ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen, this marinade comes together in only 5 minutes and makes for the most flavorful chicken ever. Make a Mexican dip by mixing a little of the marinade in with sour cream. Fun food that's a snap to make! This year, to help save from this conundrum next year, I'm determined to record my recipes and file them here on the site so I can come back to them. You may want to add more or less depending on how spicy you like things. Let the pork chops rest, tented with foil, for 5 minutes before serving. Here are some tips from the chef if you want to customize the recipe: Notes: Feel free to experiment with other spices, the amount of lime juice and honey, and the type of garlic. The marinade will be contaminated by bacteria from the meat, poultry, fish, or seafood and it isn't strong enough to kill the bacteria. Zip up the bag or cover your mixing bowl and marinate the chicken for 30 minutes to 8 hours,***. With grilling season here….you can never have too many marinades/sauces to work with. Mexican Steak Marinade, the best quick and easy beef marinade! You can freeze the pork chops in the marinade immediately and let them marinate as they defrost, or marinate and cook them immediately. Cover the chicken with aluminum foil and let the chicken rest for 3-5 minutes before serving. I am surprised, when I read Mexican I expected something really spicy and I though you have chili peppers in it. Maybe we’ll add in the lime in the last 8 hours of marinade so the texture doesn’t get put off. Made with easy-to-find ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen, this marinade comes together in only 5 minutes and makes for the most flavorful chicken ever. Once your grill or grill pan is heated, add the chicken and cook for 10-12 minutes, flipping every 3-4 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through to 165 degrees Fahrenheit and the chicken juices run clear. You can do so many things with canned chipotles. I always wondered how I could make those at home. Grill the meat as you normally would. Do not marinate longer or they will get mushy. It can also be used with bone-in skin-on or boneless skinless chicken. Do not copy, distribute, or reproduce without permission. There is nothing that makes meat delicious like a good marinade. Time to get some steaks and try this easy Mexican Steak Marinade! Marinate poultry for up to four hours. You can also use bone-in chicken breasts and thighs (see my notes on that, too. My Easy Coffee Marinade is also a great option for beef if you’re looking for something else. The lime and cilantro flavor blend well together and is not too overpowering. 2 1/2 teaspoons (or 2 large cloves) minced garlic, 3 tablespoons lime juice (or the juice from 1 large lime), 2.5 tablespoons diced canned chipotles with adobo sauce, 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or chicken thighs or bone-in chicken drumsticks**. Dry, bland meat is not usually too appetizing, but a meat that has been marinated in a tasty Mexican marinade is a different story. To do so, place the chicken and marinade in a freezer-safe zip top bag and store it in the freezer until ready to use. Whether you're looking for a fourth of July grilling recipe, or just another chicken recipe to add to your family's weekly rotation, this versatile and delicious chicken marinade recipe is for you! It’s also great because it can be prepared in less than 15 minutes. To do so, place the chicken and marinade in a freezer-safe zip top bag and store it in the freezer until ready to use.