Cook until beef is evenly browned. If it’s in a casing, remove the casing and chop it up in the skillet while cooking so it’s a ground beef consistency. JR, this one’s for you! xo Kelly. If you char them and want a smokier flavor, add a little smoked paprika to the puree. Toss all ingredients into a jar. Hey Mom! it’s easy to whip up a batch. Don’t forget you can find me on, too! Don’t forget you can find me on Instagram and Facebook too! Serve with salad and extra chilli! Using your finger tips, flatten the center, leaving the crust as a ridge all the way around. Crumble over the pizzas and sprinkle over the cheeses. xo Kelly. 1. Let the pizza cook for about 12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and the crust is golden. Thin-crust seemed most appropriate, mimicking the chewy tortilla shells Mexican food is so synonymous with here in New Zealand. Have your mozzarella portioned out and ready go, use however much mozz you like. Take care, be well, xo Kelly. – 2 large, thin-crust pizza bases (not ready-sauced), – 3 Tablespoons tomato paste, thinned with 1 Tablespoon water, – 2 small handfuls sliced chorizo salami (check sugar content), – 1/2 x 400 g can kidney beans (in brine), drained. I am so happy it struck a chord with you. Happy weekend to you too! How interesting! Hello Gwen! Happy weekend! Thanks for the recipe! That sounds very good indeed. Pick your cilantro leaves into a nice big pile. The dismount from the peel to the pizza stone can be stressful. The flavors are fresh and unexpected. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. Remember my great idea to put the cream sauce in a squeeze bottle? I really don’t mind the fusion! If you continue to use this site we will assume that you are happy with it. I am always looking for new ideas so please do let me know if you have any requests for upcoming recipes. Thanks for writing in; yes I think Sangria would go nicely I realized I need to have several more of those bottles on hand! Spread the pizza bases evenly with the tomato paste mixture, then top with chicken and salami. But it can come in different ways. The cream sauce is light and smoky with just a hint of spicy. Have a great rest of your weekend! . Mmmm, can’t wait to try this! Thank you for sharing your tip! To the puree, I added a few generous pinches of salt and about a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar. Over | Under interview series with female entrepreneurs, a look at my new haircut and back to summer basics, 5 style tips for an effortlessly chic and elegant look. Cook up your chorizo and spoon it out onto a paper towel-lined plate or tray to drain. Hello and welcome back to Kelly’s Kitchen! Thank you so much Suzanne! . I am happy you’re here today, as I have a fun recipe to share with you. This combination of toppings is one of my favorite ways for pizza. I suppose this is a bit of a mixed recipe, incorporating Mexican spices into an essentially Italian idea. I have poblanos and banana peppers. I am on weight watchers and may tweak my half of the pizza, I spread the dough thin on my half and make the toppings a little more sparse! Flip the dough over and flatten the center with your hands. We have a smoked poblano pepper cream base, mexican chorizo, cotija cheese, cilantro and pickled red onions. OMG,–that sounds really good! Mexican Pizza Ingredients. Well, today I am putting my pizzaiolo experience to good use. I’m Beth Djalali, a girl that grew up in Omaha, Nebraska – a city and state that’s smack dab in the middle of the country. A couple months back I shared a skillet pizza recipe; in which I noted that pizza is my favorite thing of all time. trends come and go, but true style is ageless. A couple months back I shared a, Today, I am keeping it simple and using Trader Joe’s premade dough. Cover and shake. You can gently toss and spin the dough up while you move your hands apart from each other. Thanks everyone for spending some of your Saturday with me. If you don’t have the ability to smoke the poblanos, you can char them either in the oven or on a grill. About the ratios: this will make a lot of poblano cream base. The pickled onions are homemade. Once upon a time, (2011-2012, I think it was) I worked on a wood fired pizza food truck. Do let me know how it goes for you. I used store-bought pizza bases, but feel free to make your own. However you will get enough for one pizza by quartering these ratios. This is not your typical Mexican pizza, which I think is usually, basically, taco toppings on a pizza. If you char them, you will want to scrape off the charred skin before pureeing them. This will be for this coming weekend!! . Works like a charm to slide pizza into oven and on to stone. With the backs of both hands begin to stretch the dough. So this recipe is as simple as they come. Go ahead and crumble your cotija into a bowl. Don’t worry though. It’s ok if you lose a couple toppings. Thank you so much, Let me know how and your husband like the pizza. Now you have to work quickly to keep the pizza from sticking to the peel. But, with its crispy crust, shredded chicken, chorizo, spicy crushed beans, double cheese, and blob of cool sour cream . Once the dough is stretched out about 12 inches, flour your peel again and lay your dough down. Not to worry! It was an amazing experience. See you here next week! I just took off the lid, glopped out a couple tablespoon’s worth of cream, grabbed a pastry brush and spread it around. I love the flavor combinations you used here. I am pinning this for sure. Or you can move one hand over the other underneath the dough to turn it as you stretch. I guess a sangria or Dos Equis will go nicely! A tablespoon or two makes a really nice seasoning for chili, soup or you can add it to a marinade. Typically Mexican chorizo is a more liquid-y sausage that firms up as you cook it. I am happy you’re here today, as I have a fun recipe to share with you. While my pizza was cooking, I actually cut the spout of my squeeze bottle about halfway, to create a larger opening for my chunky cream sauce to squeeze out. Today, I am keeping it simple and using Trader Joe’s premade dough. Sprinkle with parsley flakes if desired, and top with sour cream. When the pizza is out of the oven, drizzle on more cream sauce. I do hope you give this Mexican-inspired pizza try. The exciting part comes with what goes on the pie when it comes out of the oven: another drizzle of the poblano cream, cotija cheese crumbles, pickled red onions and fresh cilantro. Today’s recipe is something wholly other. Have a great weekend!xo Kelly, I am so happy you approve Christian! This looks great. My husband will love this, he loves all the ingredients, especially chorizo and cilantro! 2. Drain … Hello and welcome back to Kelly’s Kitchen! Thanks for sharing. Give your peel a few quick flicks from side to side to ensure your dough is not stuck. if you anticipate being able to use it on sandwiches or as a dip make this amount. I wanted to make something different tonight, this hits the spot. Thanks for another great recipe Kelly!! An aluminum peel is a great tool for turning the pizza and for pulling it out of the oven. If you’d like to make your own dough, refer back to my skillet pizza recipe for a great dough recipe. YUMMMMMMMMMM I would eat the entire pizza if this was in front of me! Fizzi June 18, 2016 June 18, 2016 Low-sugar, Savoury. Well, that did not work out as expected because the pepper puree was a little too chunky and got stuck in the spout. Btw, you can get those squeeze bottles at the $ store! 3. If it is stuck, gently lift the pizza and toss in a bit more flour and flick the peel again. I have saved the recipe and will give it a try. Now for the cheese. The menu includes classic options, like pepperoni, as well as the Michoacana and El Tapado, which are topped with asada and carnitas, respectively. xo Kelly. See my complete disclosure policy here. To keep your pizza from sticking, use a bit of corn meal on the peel. Tools for making easy Mexican Pizzas: Wood cutting board – wood won’t dull your knives like plastic and if treated properly, has natural antimicrobial properties.. Good knife – Global is my … I can’t tell you enough how much I love pizza! Please do let me know what you think when you make it. Then, with one hand cupping one side of the dough, use the fingertips of your other hand to press down the dough, about one half inch in from the side. If you want to make it a skillet pizza, just wait to add the cream sauce until it comes out of the oven. I never knew the recipe for the smoked poblano paste that flavored the cream sauce, but I have tried to replicate it, and I think it works. Get ready because this is how to make Mexican-inspired pizza! Crush using a fork. I poured my poblano cream into a squeeze bottle so I could squeeze out a nice even drizzle of the cream as my base sauce. sprinkle more flour on the top of the dough and spread the flour over the whole surface. xo Kelly. What a unique assemblage. It is an interesting recipe and so good! Bake for 10-15 minutes per pizza, until the cheese is beginning to brown. One of the things I took from that time was the idea of a smoky, slightly spicy, cream sauce that could accompany pizza toppings in the best of ways. I am always looking for new ideas so please do let me know if you have any requests for upcoming recipes.