Our recipe should make enough The Best Maple Buttercream Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. A note about the Maple Extract. We tried both in our Best Maple Buttercream Frosting recipe and we ended up liking the flavor of the Mapleine better. How To Make Buttercream Icing Without Powdered Sugar, Making homemade icing sugar or powdered sugar with regular sugar, How to decorate cupcakes using icing, buttercream, fondant or vegan icing, How to Make Cupcakes without Baking Powder, How to Know if Brussels Sprouts Have Gone bad, What Is the Difference Between Plain and All Purpose Flour, How to Tell if Mushrooms are Still Good to Eat. And ready! If you don't know or remember how to make syrup, do not worry. Pipe on cupcakes or spread on cakes. Stay with us at oneHOWTO and we'll give you some alternative answers to how to make buttercream icing without powdered sugar. Start your mixer (or electric beater) on the lowest setting. You'll love every one of these yummy Christmas Cookie recipes. Leave a review below, then snap a picture and tag @twosisterscrafting on Instagram so we can see it! 9 Comments // Leave a Comment ». You will love every one of these yummy Christmas Cookie recipes. 10 Best Maple Frosting without Powdered Sugar Recipes | Yummly Mommy & Foodie. Now you are ready to frost your dessert with a super yummy Maple Buttercream Frosting that will enhance whatever you put it on! Our recipe should make enough The Best Maple Buttercream Frosting to cover a 9″ x 13″ sheet cake or a two-layer 8″ cake. When completely mixed the frosting may appear dry. (If you don’t have a food scale the equivalent would be 4 cups.) In order to make buttercream icing without powdered sugar, the butter should be soft but still solid and workable. It was closer to the taste of a Maple doughnut. Let's stay in touch! Your email address will not be published. If you are making cupcakes, you should be able to frost 24 cupcakes if you apply the frosting with a knife. Now add the powdered sugar to the mixing bowl. It's also possible to run out of a particular ingredient and look for alternatives to substitute it. And so, beat the butter with the help of a whisk - an electric one or the food processor whisk will always be of added help. Whipped up this frosting in 5 minutes for a birthday cake for my coworker (nurse) who is crazy about maple. Made this frosting today and put it on chocolate cupcakes. It is important that you keep the butter at room temperature in order to beat it more easily. Combine egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, water and salt in a double boiler. Rich, fluffy, smooth, creamy, stable, perfect for piping or spreading on Fall desserts. What a great topping to any fall cake cookie or cupcake. Frosted maple cookies are my personal favorite and my family loves them on Homemade Cinnamon Rolls (1 Hour). I don’t recommend it at all. This step is key. written by Nancy on September 15, 2017 And a hint for any frosting… I always heat the liquid… syrup, milk, coffee etc., You will always have a silky smooth frosting with no gritty texture. But individual tastes vary obviously, and either will work for this frosting. If you have forgotten to take it out of the fridge, you can heat the butter in the microwave. Mix it further so that the vanilla flavor completely permeates the cream. Are you looking for a way to prepare icing or filling without using powdered sugar? It can quickly become “too much.”  And remember, the flavor will continue to develop over time.). I’ve been baking for over 50 yrs and thought you might be able to use a few hints I’ve learned along the way. That is all you must do to make buttercream icing without powdered sugar. Your goal is to achieve a creamy texture, never a liquid one. Those are some amazing tips Abbey! How much frosting will you need? Photographer. Before starting to prepare the ingredients to make buttercream icing without powdered sugar, you must bear in mind that the proportion of syrup must be equal to that of butter. (Vanilla extract will evaporate, so be sure to add it after you remove the mixture from the heat.) Many people love baking and decorating cupcakes and cakes, but it's easy to get tired of using the same ingredients over and over again. You only need water and regular white sugar - not icing sugar: learn more in our article on how to make syrup at home. If it is add a dash of milk. If you want to give color to the buttercream icing, now is the time to add a few drops of food coloring and mix it again with with the whisk to integrate it. Once you have your homemade syrup ready, you can continue working on your icing. Gradually, add powdered sugar (1/2 cup at a time), while continuing to mix until frosting is thick and creamy. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. Recipe developer. I usually put a clean dishtowel around my mixer to keep the sugar from flying out. It is sweet and creamy with a delicious hint of maple. This post may contain affiliate links. If you swirl on the frosting with a pastry bag you should be able to frost 15-18 cupcakes depending on the size of the swirl. I used those flavors to create today’s frosting recipe. Came out great! Now you just have to starting thinking of something yummy to put it on. Now you will be able to decorate all kinds of cupcakes, biscuits, tarts or whatever comes to mind. Maple is a classic fall flavor that was crying out to be featured in a Two Sisters buttercream frosting. I do not always do this. (Note on the extract. Yummy! Welcome to CakeWhiz, a place where I share my love for baking, cooking and entertaining with you! Once you have the right texture for your homemade buttercream icing, add the vanilla extract or other flavoring of your choice. Thank you for sharing them Can’t wait to try the “heating technique” next time. Happy holidays! You can spread it with a spatula or use decorator tips for piping swirls and applying cake decorating techniques. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Start with the 1 teaspoon and then taste after it is mixed. There are two types … Crescent Mapleine Imitation Maple Flavoring or Maple Extract.Here is a great article that goes into a lot of detail on the differences between the two.We tried both in our Best Maple Buttercream Frosting recipe and we ended up liking the flavor of the Mapleine better. I love maple frosting for donuts but obviously it has a thin glaze-like consistency that cannot be used on cakes and cupcakes. All ingredients in one bowl and pour hot liquid and beat until smooth, usually less than 2 minutes. I only ever use real butter, but you can use whatever you have on hand. You can use it on cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies and bars. If you liked our The Best Maple Buttercream Frosting post, follow us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram! A note about the Maple Extract. The next step to make buttercream icing will be to slowly add the syrup that you previously prepared.