Megan Barton Hanson says Eyal might be behind Scott Disick’s random DM, Netflix’s new film Hillbilly Elegy is getting called ‘one of the worst movies of the year’, There’s going to be a Christmas all-stars Celebrity MasterChef and the lineup is unreal, Noel and Matt were easily the best part of this year’s Great British Bake Off, This is how to play the True American drinking game from New Girl, This ‘Flame’ TikTok audio is becoming the Yanny and Laurel debate of 2020, Former Islanders are going wild for the Maura and Chris news and it’s so wholesome. Take this quiz to find out, Blended learning is playing with students’ safety and it’s completely unfair, It’s time for influencers to stop posting transformation posts on Instagram, Shed a tear for these 24 quality tier announcement memes, Netflix is trialling a new Top 50 list to replace its current Top 10, ’98 per cent of news is fake’: Jake Paul is the latest Covid-denying internet loser, Zara McDermott has responded to the huge backlash over her weight loss post, The 13 straight-up dumbest moments in Netflix movie The Princess Switch 2, Quiz: If you can name these posh foods you should go on MasterChef: The Professionals. Is it worth moving to from Ireland? As much as I love a good Prezzo voucher, Brighton pretty much has it all in the way of takeaways, quirky cafes, and Instagram-worthy restaurants. It sounds like a lovely town, with friendly people that … That said, its sandy beaches and outstanding sunshine are enough to lure top talent from far and wide. We're new to the UK, living in London.In terms of day trips, we've been to Brighton, which was OK, and to Southend-on-Sea, which was a bit too tacky.How do Margate or other Kent seaside destinations compare to these places?. Bournemouth has also got sand on it's beach. Love it here. The reason its beaches are particularly appealing is the stunning weather. Bournemouth may not be the biggest in terms of shopping or nightlife variety, but it is one of the most insanely beautiful places you will visit in the UK – and so long as I live by the beach, the novelty will never wear off. Compare Cities In spite of my minute student budget, I find myself spending far more than I should in the Lanes. Your use of this service is subject to our, Meal for 2 People, Mid-range Restaurant, Three-course, McMeal at McDonalds (or Equivalent Combo Meal), Beef Round (1kg) (or Equivalent Back Leg Red Meat), Volkswagen Golf 1.4 90 KW Trendline (Or Equivalent New Car), Toyota Corolla Sedan 1.6l 97kW Comfort (Or Equivalent New Car), Basic (Electricity, Heating, Cooling, Water, Garbage) for 85m2 Apartment, 1 min. Cost of Living Copyright © 2009-2020 Numbeo. This being said, Brighton pier easily trumps the lesser effort of Bournemouth pier … Bournemouth is lovely too but wouldn't live too close to town centre - it can get rather rowdy in the evenings. Bournemouth is the better looking area and the views over the cliff tops are breathtaking. As a Bournemouthian, you’re limited pretty much to Halo for a night of pure sweat, the Old Firestation for a good alternative/student night, or Toast which will forever have a special place in my heart as the night in which you bump into everyone and their mum. Bournemouth has a myriad of coastal glory to offer tourists far and wide; from the beloved tranquillity of Hengustbury Head to the more upmarket Sandbanks, Bournemouth has no shortage of scenic landscapes to offer. What is living in Brighton like? Part of the initial charm of applying to Sussex for me – a Bournemouthian if you will – was the pretty scenery of the South Downs and the coast, the seemingly infinite nightlife and the charisma of Brighton itself. I could write reams of biased material of how brilliant Sussex is, however in terms of population we are the smaller university in comparison to Brighton, which is, well, Brighton Uni. I actually needed this, just so happy for them, Brighton student denies organising Halloween party breaking Tier 1 rules, Sussex Master’s student starts new Include Mx campaign, Brighton and Hove are officially in the new Tier 2 and here’s how it affects students, Sussex UCU release statement about face-to-face teaching, The best spots to exercise outdoors in Brighton if you’re not into walking or running, The strange things you will experience studying in Sussex Uni library over lockdown, UPDATED: Latest Coronavirus figures for Brighton and Sussex have been released, Sussex SU to hold student rally to voice concerns over university experience, Sussex Ranger’s guide to the best Brighton takeaways this lockdown, Fitness accounts that all Sussex students should be following this lockdown, A guide to free and low-cost mental health services in Brighton and Hove, The worst types of lockdown supermarket shoppers, according to someone who works there, Sexual assault cases at Sussex take up to a year to be resolved, Important update on coronavirus testing and travel guidance for Sussex students, Pints, fun toilet grafitti and nachos: A love letter to Falmer Bar, ‘I’m a young sex God’: Every time Sussfessions read our mind, Brighton and Hove allocated £3.4 million to help rough sleepers, It takes more than a fortnight to get a face to face counselling session at Sussex Uni, Exeter is the only UK uni to reduce its mental health support staff in the last year, Revealed: The Russell Group unis where grads are most likely to earn under £15k. I haven’t even begun to talk about the bars either, or the host of live music available. > Cost of living index in Bournemouth … Bournemouth has a myriad of coastal glory to offer tourists far and wide; from the beloved tranquillity of Hengustbury Head to the more upmarket Sandbanks, Bournemouth has no shortage of scenic landscapes to offer. of Prepaid Mobile Tariff Local (No Discounts or Plans), Internet (60 Mbps or More, Unlimited Data, Cable/ADSL), Preschool (or Kindergarten), Full Day, Private, Monthly for 1 Child, International Primary School, Yearly for 1 Child, 1 Summer Dress in a Chain Store (Zara, H&M, ...), Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment in City Centre, Price per Square Meter to Buy Apartment Outside of Centre, Mortgage Interest Rate in Percentages (%), Yearly, for 20 Years Fixed-Rate. This calculation uses our Cost of Living Plus Rent Index to compare cost of living. Bournemouth receives up to 25pc more sunshinethan the UK average during the summer months. The Arch, Shooshh, Wah Kiki, The Haunt, Coalition… I could go on for days. Comparisons improve with every new data that you enter. > > United Kingdom vs United Kingdom I would find it very hard to choose somewhere else to live in Britain after living here. This being said, Brighton pier easily trumps the lesser effort of Bournemouth pier – the Danger Mouse wins every time. On that front, I’d argue that Bournemouth is a better all rounder in terms of league table snobbery than the rivalry between Brighton and Sussex. There is no competition in this area, Brighton wins hands down. We are very fortunate living here as there is so much to do in the summer. Sadly though, Bournemouth doesn’t have the same variety of bars, live music venues, and clubs that we do here. Basically, I am considering moving to Brighton (possibly for university too) from Cork, Ireland when I turn 18. I live in Poole. Privacy Policy. Although Brighton has the advantage of pebbles – let’s be honest, most of us are thankful that we aren’t all covered in sand after a quick trip to the beach – Bournemouth offers a lot more in the way of variety. QUIZ: Can you tell whether these rogue British uni names are real or fake? Boscombe and Southbourne offer some lovely places to drink – Chaplin’s is a personal favourite and was recently named the best community pub in Britain, and given Boscombe’s questionable reputation  I think it’s well deserved. Mark from Love Is Blind just got engaged, so who is his new fiancee Aubrey Rainey? You would need around 3,782.94£ in Brighton to maintain the same standard of life that you can have with 3,000.00 £ in Bournemouth (assuming you rent in both cities). Copyright © 2009-2020 Numbeo. Whether you crave Asian, Gastropub, Vegan, Italian, Brighton has everything. As a city, it’s charming and as a student has pretty much everything I could want in terms of a new home. Hi everyone, hope you are all doing well. The quality of beaches themselves is not important; we're more interested in just walking along the seafront and visiting the town.