The display is large and easy to read, which is a big deal for some of us older folks who tend to use these things. I, myself, do use PTFE non-stick sometimes (like for cooking eggs!) Next, the lid fits flat and very securely on the pot. It is very durable, it's dishwasher safe and it's made of the highest quality hard-anodized aluminum, three layer non-stick cooking surface and durable stay cool stainless steel … The worst part of this scenario is when you lift your newly-bought cookware off the ground and see it’s twisted, cracked or broken. So, it delivers consistent heating for your cooking ingredients. I cooked my usual stovetop recipe in the slow cooker on high for almost 4 hours; it tasted delicious and the chicken and sausage were a little more tender than I'd like. Along with its a… It features a robust stainless steel body, durable add-ons, and high-performance material. Honestly speaking, I just fell in love at first sight with its shiny appearance when I saw it. The dark stainless steel exterior of this slow cooker is super sleek, modern, and while sitting out on my kitchen countertop, fit in well with my stainless steel appliances. This one caught my eye because of the name brand and how it will also do saute'ing. It seems the majority of customers share the view that the Calphalon stainless steel cookware magnifies your cooking experience. The rubber trim around the lid also makes it quiet when you open it to check on things and then replace the lid. With the timer function I can set how long I wanted it to be on high. Of course, you can keep stirring the food to avoid burned or uncooked results. For one thing, you should have fewer problems with food sticking while using this set because the satin-finished interior is stick-resistant. If you have a recipe where you need to sear the meat first, then just place the pot on the stove and sear it. According to the “Use and Care” warranty policy, unless the damage results from misuse, the manufacturer promises to replace or refund your purchase. This makes the set induction compatible (not all stainless steel is!). Both have securely fixed handles, but Calphalon handles stay cooler, All Clad has better thermal resistance than Calphalon, All Clad is pricier but slightly higher quality, Both are compatible with induction cooktops, Cuisinart handles get hotter than Calphalon handles, Cuisinart has a drip-free pouring feature, but Calphalon doesn’t, Cuisinart 12-piece comes with a steamer insert with lid, Calphalon has glass lids while Cuisinart comes with steel lids, Both have tri ply construction and distribute even heat, Cool-to-touch, easy-to-grip, riveted handles on both sets, Tramontina has a mirror-polished exterior, Calphalon has a brushed exterior, Tramontina has stainless steel lids while Calphalon has glass lids. Home; Collections. Of course, you can get much cheaper slow cookers. One thing we did notice is that the liner (the aluminum non-stick part) did seem to hold onto some odors from the previous meal that was cooked, so we took to storing it with the lid off, just to make sure it aired out. The heat setting dial is easy to use, with warm, low and high cooking temperatures. - Easy to clean Search for: Search $ 0.00 0 items; Menu. Talk about awesome! If so the Calphalon 5.3qt Digital Slow Cooker might be for you. Things to Consider Before Buying a Tri Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set, Calphalon Stainless Steel Cookware Review, Features and Benefits of Calphalon 13-Piece Stainless Steel Cookware, All Clad D3 Tri-Ply Stainless 10-Piece Cookware Set, Cuisinart Multiclad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set, Tramontina Stainless Steel Tri-Ply Clad 12-Piece Cookware Set, Ultimate 2020 Guide to the Omelet (Including Recipes! Some would have aluminum discs at the bottom. So there’s no need to buy any special or expensive cleaners. All in all I think this is a fantastic slow cooker. This thing will still retain a lot of heat even when its turned off and that is good if you need to put this in the car and take it to anothers household, you can rest assured your food will stay warm until you can get to their house and find a plug. The interior liner, the main cooking part is aluminum with a non-stick coating. saucepan with lid, 3-qt. The design change seems so small, but everyone agreed it made picking up food much easier. We are proud to display it in our counter. It also has a 3-quart sauté pan and an 8-quart stockpot, each of which comes with a separate cover. You won’t need a glove or towel to grab these pots, no matter the heat. The other features aren't quite as important, but they are nice to have. Cons: Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 13-Piece Cookware Set, Calphalon Tri-Ply Stainless Steel 8-Piece Cookware Set, The outer stainless steel layer is magnetic stainless steel. Heat retention also helps with this as it stops the pan from cooling quickly on contact with food. The top is made of glass with a great rubber seal once you sit it down. So, they can trap food aromas, heat and moisture in. The other parts are also far from fragile. With all the slow cookers, pressure cookers, and multi-purpose cookers on the market it is becoming hard to know what is best. At first, I thought it would actually Sauté in the cooker but you need to use your stovetop for that. Prices and offers are subject to change. Still much better than using multiple pots. Another thing to note is that being metal, it does get very hot, so you can't just go pick it up after your meal has cooked without some oven gloves or protection for your hands. Plastic handles keep heat from your hands The Calphalon Stainless Steel Space Saving 15-Piece is a great housewarming gift idea. Also, since they’re resistant to distortion and abrasion, you’re likely to have them for years to come, which is great when you consider the price. During regular use those plastic parts prove useful. It was a decent upgrade from the previous model I had been using, but it still provides the same conveniences and simplicity that other slow cookers do. You can sauté in this item just like the stove. The apparently ‘tempered glass’ lid, while not oven safe, is sturdy, with a vent for steam and a silicone type seal around the lid’s outer edge. 5 enthusiastic stars! When I say this set has a lovely appearance, I don’t mean there aren’t more attractive options out there. The beautiful ceramic-coated cooking pot (which is practically non-stick) can be used on most stove tops (gas/electric/induction), and can even go in the oven; although the lid cannot. The digital controls do not have many bells and whistles but they are simple to read and use. I particularly like how they’ve used the three layers: Whether you want to cook pan-fried salmon for lunch or some clam chowder for supper, this cookware collection is everything you need. Verdict: What’s more, this type of cookware won’t emit toxic gases when heated. The Calphalon 5.3qt Digital Slow cooker was designed not to follow the crowds by adding tons of features but rather refine a traditional slow cooker. You start the timer and when it runs out, it automatically goes to warm mode. There are four modes controlled by the rotary dial, and those are “OFF”, “WARM”, “LOW” and “HIGH”. Skip to navigation Skip to content. Use for searing or sauteeing ingredients on your cooktop before adding other ingredients. Cons: high-end pricing, which you might expect from Calphalon. All metal construction with no ceramic means outside is very hot Comparing the two – Calphalon Tri-Ply vs Contemporary Stainless Steel, the main difference lies only in the style. On the other hand, stainless steel can retain heat but fails to spread it evenly. This one is 5.3 QT and round. Since the pots and pans are dishwasher-safe, the easier option is to put them in the dishwasher. Lids sometimes slip out of place, and so many models aren’t effective at keeping in the heat. That’s a new concept to me as in the past I’ve only used the insert as a part of the slow cooker and not a separate cooking utensil. We've used several slow cookers over the years and typically purchased the $30 versions.