Stovetop: Pour a tablespoon of water into a small frying pan, add spinach and optional garlic. Your email address will not be published. I eat avocado toast almost every day. Find specific products available near you. One of our favorite easy meals! When I make Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts I feel like a queen. Make wilted spinach. Serve immediately. Fantastic! I was kinda mad about that but I went ahead and ate it and I was like “this is so darn good.” So now I’m a changed woman. If you’re at all like us, I have a feeling you’re going to be instant hummus toast fans too. Great recipe for any time of the day! Is it normal? Delicious ! 3. Great recipe, Maria! Whaaaat? Smashed Chickpea & Avocado Salad Sandwich, Avocado Toast with Eggs, Spinach, and Tomatoes. I absolutley love this kind of breakfast. Often we just sprinkle ours with a few shakes of salt and pepper (or everything bagel seasoning), plus maybe a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten things up. Fill pan with water until egg is covered and bring to boil. Garnish with salt, as desired and optional red pepper flakes. Our kitchen is always open! Packed with lots of protein! Read More, Vegetarian Main Dishes Breakfast/Brunch Sandwiches, Your email address will not be published. Well, my daughter told me it was way better than the homemade version. 4. But some of our favorites include…. ♡. Add the toppings of choice and … Meals like this make my mornings shine. What a great breakfast full of everything that you need in the morning! Tag @twopeasandpod and hashtag it with #twopeasandtheirpod. ;). Thank you. My favorite thing in life is time spent around the table. I may try it just to see, but it is definitely not something I would first think of! Yum! Banana w/hummus? When we have too many eggs in the fridge and I am feeling lazy, I always make Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts. 1. The Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook is here. Including new products, special offers and tasty inspiration. The hardest part is not burning the toast…ha! Hummus Toast is easy to make as a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or healthy snack. Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts-one of our favorite quick and healthy meals! Kidding. This looks great! Oh dear, I either have some tweeking to do with my hummus recipe or just settle on buying the Sabra!! You can’t beat a fresh egg:). Leave a comment below and share a photo on Instagram. Slice egg in half. Cook one egg at a time. I had no idea you could do all this with hummus! I also adore avocado and eggs, which are so good together…but I have never thought of adding hummus! Order Now. Oh that drippy egg and avocado! LOL. This quick and healthy recipe is great for breakfast, lunch, or any meal! Boil egg for 4 minutes, remove from heat and place under cold running water. Eggs provide a type of protein that’s really well utilized by the body. Now let’s talk about fried eggs for a second. It takes plain old avocado toast to a new level of goodness. I added lemon juice and hot sauce too ! This recipe is so easy and it has all of my favorite things! I can’t wait to try some of these ideas, they all look so yummy! The Two Peas & Their Pod Cookbook is here. As you may have seen on Instagram, I’ve been having a bit of a moment with hummus toast lately. Or them, all of them, I can only imagine that the tappas culture there has something to do with all of these creative toppings, hummus really gives a nice base for almost anything, I really like the fried egg version, but thank you for all for all of them! I love hummus and avocado. I'm Maria and my husband is Josh. Spread the kale sauce on the remaining two pieces of toast and place on top to finish the sandwich. Bananas and beans?! © 2008 - 2020 Two Peas & Their Pod. Kind of. ), to whatever combo of sweet or savory, easy or elaborate, healthy or decadent toppings you might be craving — when it comes to crafting the perfect hummus toast, you do you. pinned, I LOVE Sabra hummus! And as you can imagine, it’s also crazy delicious. This is soooo in my comfort zone. I used to be just like you with eggs – I hated runny eggs. My favorite recipe for classic homemade hummus. You are super lucky you don’t like them–that is probably the one thing I miss the most. While the sweet potato is roasting, fry the eggs, toast the bread, and prep the avocado by peeling and cutting into slices. Guys, it’s time we talk about hummus toast! I like my eggs over hard, with no runny yolk. 6. Next, I add a layer of smashed avocado that has been seasoned with sea salt and black pepper. They offer many other important nutrients, too, such as eye-helping lutein and zeaxanthin. So yummy! 2. pepper, hummus, egg, avocado, dried basil, grape tomatoes, whole grain bread and 1 more Roasted Garlic Hummus Toast Small Green Kitchen extra-virgin olive oil, hummus, whole-grain bread, sundried tomatoes and 2 more It was delicious! We have six chickens and we are always looking for ways to use up our fresh eggs. looks so good! ★☆. Avocado, Hummus, and Egg Toasts are a favorite at our house! Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired. Please read my disclosure policy. Place egg in a small pan. Lox Hummus Toast: lox or smoked salmon slices, capers, thinly-sliced red onion, squeeze of lemon juice, fresh dill and/or chives, salt and freshly-cracked black pepper; optional extras: thinly-sliced cucumber, cream cheese; Fried Egg Hummus Toast: fried egg (or poached egg), chives, salt and freshly-cracked black pepper ★☆ It is my favorite! but this looks like such a good idea for a nice light and healthy lunch! I was going to ask if you were still eating over easy eggs during your pregnancy! https://sabra.com/recipes/hummus-toast-with-spinach-and-soft-boiled-egg.html Microwave: Place spinach in a microwave safe bowl and cook in microwave for 30 seconds. We enjoy creating recipes that are simple, fresh, and family friendly. LOVE! Top with crispy bacon, soft boiled eggs, salsa, and green onion. Many of our Happy Vegetarian followers and readers eat eggs so this will work for them. Spread about 3 tablespoons of hummus on each piece of toast. Love! Over hard PLEASE! This looks like the perfect breakfast . So while this post looked weird to me at first I quickly realized it was a great idea. It kind of grosses me out, so I always cook my eggs over hard. Thanks for sharing such awesome combos. I love eggs and hummus together, and I really like how the egg’s yolk mixes with the hummus. Toast with hummus, smashed avocado, eggs, and tomatoes. I hope you enjoy them too! Your answers will help us create deliciously relevant content and offers for you. And make sure you “Like Sabra on Facebook” for other tasty hummus recipes! I was looking for something different for breakfast this morning (different from weekday smoothie) and thought this looked interesting (my husband was skeptical). And we can vouch that they taste great anytime of day. Hummus Toast is easy to make as a quick breakfast, lunch, dinner or healthy snack. Topped with some chopped tomatoes from the garden…delish!!! I know it wouldn’t kill me to eat them, but I hate the horror stories, haha. I’ve included eight of our favorite ingredient combos here below. I recently visited my parents in their winter CA desert home and was in heaven with all the avocados & fresh grapefruit. All rights reserved. Never would have put the two together but I’m now going to have to try it ASAP! Cook your eggs to your liking. Heat over medium-high heat, and cook until spinach is just wilted about 1 minute.