The set was released on September 4, 2009, with release events held on September 4–6. I run 38 lands and at least 10 acceleration spells. He is on twitter @gabriele_mark, 5 Cards That Might Need a Ban in Standard, 4 Control Decks To Get You to Mythic for the November 2020 Ranked Season, Orzhov 8-Dancer: The New Tier 1 Monster in Historic. So a standard 60 card deck will have 40 cards and 20 land. I start out with 40 slots set aside for land when I'm building a deck. Is whatever I see on the internet temporarily present in the RAM? In Magic, your cards have mana costs, and you can only play one land each turn to help cast them. Control too needs to get it's mana base stable and early so it can afford to hold those counter and removal spells to use when things start happening. Teferi bouncing an Elspeth Conquers Death or an Agent of Treachery is a value train that the opponent will have a hard time keeping up with. So for decks in between these extremes you have to just kind of play it by ear. This deck is a solution to one of the main problems Winota decks have had, which is not being able to have a companion, while maintaining the concept behind Yorion decks. Fires IS a bit awkward with counterspells, which we play five of in the sideboard, but it’s so powerful that having a dead card in your hand isn’t the end of the world. I've found 36 to be a good number of seeing lands consistently. What's the average cost of your spells? Tantarus: It didn't make the gaka greifer level, so it should be fine. Additionally, there was a different preview card from the upcoming Zendikar set in each of the four decks (Beast Hunt, Hideous End, Kor Sanctifiers and Whiplash Trap). Don’t worry about consistency, I promise Yorion makes it worth it. If aggro decks start gaining ground, this is one of the first places I would be looking to cut. ... and why I am not a fan of Wayne Reynolds' Illustrations. Artifacts that produce mana are common too, there's no single card in more EDH decks than Sol Ring, some of the moxes and medallions can be pretty helpful too. Then I'll add or cut land as needed. In a trying to combo out asap deck I run limited lands around 24 lands with mana rocks galore and then tutor and my 2 or 3 ways to combo out. ©Wizards of the Coast LLC. You can get much closer to this proportion by playing 26 lands in a 61 card deck, and at the cost of adding an 81/100 to your deck, that may be worth it. If you have significantly more of one color than the other, go 10-7. Being Legendary limits the number of copies you can play, but i might consider moving up to three. Each player enters the game with a regular deck and a planar deck, which features ten or more of the new plane cards. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Clarion is good mainly because you can play it on turn three, and for this reason it’s not a particularly exciting Fae of Wishes target. The typical benchmark is 17 lands, but +/- 1 isn't uncommon and very rarely (but it's possible) do you want to go 15 or 19. site design / logo © 2020 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under cc by-sa. The set comes with a six-sided planar die, that features the planeswalker symbol on one face, the chaos symbol on another and four blank faces.[4]. So i'm building a 60 esper deck with the idea of casting [[shadowborn apostle]]s for free with [[edgewalker]] and then with the help of [[arcane adptation]] casting something like [[ulamog]] or [[blightsteel colossus]] for free. If I had one piece of advice for people playing this card, it’s that your opponent’s lands are very, very valuable. In constructed formats (standard, modern,) where decks are 60 cards, that means usually 24 lands, 21 if you are aggro and low curve, and up to 27 if you are complex needs out of lands. 37 lands, 14 accelerants is the starting point for most of my decks. 4 Legion Warboss – Warboss puts in a lot of work, providing a stream of non-human attackers while also putting a ton of pressure on by itself in draws that don’t feature Winota. since it is a limited format, typically you go 16-17. 2 Redcap Melee – Mono Red has seen a huge resurgence on the ladder over the past three or four days; I think I’ve been playing against it about a third of the time. Don’t be scared to Teferi bounce Fblthp back to your hand, as those kinds of incremental advantages play well into the Yorion gameplan. 4 Agent of Treachery – If you had told me we would be having discussions about this card being too good six months ago, I would have laughed in your face, but here we are. The first one applies as long as the card is revealed, the second one is the chaos ability. I'm sure out of your 80 cards there's unnecessary card you can cut. The set was released on September 4, 2009, with release events held on September 4–6. 36 land plus about 5 mana rocks. 2 Haktos the Unscarred – While we’re on the topic of praying to RNGesus, let’s talk about Haktos! Generally stick to only one color deck, maybe using 1 other color of cards to compliment your primary selection. I'm still very unfamiliar with this format. If your deck is more of an aggro deck, with a low curve, you might play 16 lands. 1 Yorion, Sky Nomad – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srRRYZpb6Mg. I normally start a deck with 39 lands, and then adjust accordingly. If you have any questions about the deck, feel free to email me at markgabriele1@gmail.com or message me on Twitter at @gabriele_mark! If is rolled the chaos ability of the plane card triggers. 4 Winota, Joiner of Forces – Winota is the basis around which many of the card choices are informed. You are looking to play a 2 color deck with 17-18 lands. Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience. However, its inclusion has much less to do with the Winota plan than it does to do with the Yorion plan. I've got some decks that are fairly low on lands and make up for it with heavy acceleration, but I've been moving towards 36-38 lands with 12-15 accelerants recently. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. 2 Mana Breakdown. Open your six and a half packs, sort by color and keep track of your good rares. Count the number of each mana symbol that appears on your cards and split your 17 lands around the same proportion. Since you should mulligan no land hands, etc., the odds of randomly drawn cards being lands are slightly below that amount because of … Now, let’s add Yorion into the equation. In general you want as small a deck size as the format allows, but their are exceptions (most notably, [[battle of wits]]). In a "typical" sealed format (typical, as in, not a format based around a 3 colored theme such as khans), you will play 2 colors, or 2 colors + splash. Re: How many lands in a 80 card deck? It works with so many cards in the format; Teferi, Winota, Yorion, even Charming Prince! I usually start with 37 and somewhere around 6-10 accelerants. Don’t be afraid to jam Teferi on turn 3! Against aggro I board in two and leave the third in my Sideboard to Fae for, as a “Press in Case of Emergency” button.