My German family called them eirkuchen. They are similar to a crêpe or a blintz. Thanks! My kid won't eat eggs, but he loves pancakes. Another vegan-friendly pancake recipe to try with banana might be these 1- Bowl Vegan Banana Oat Pancakes! I'm pretty sure you could do them at room temperature, and let the filling or a low oven warm them. Heat oil in a small, flat frying pan, swirling around to cover. Glad you enjoyed them! While still whisking, pour in a steady stream of the remaining milk. I'm pretty sure it would work, but I've never tried it. Once the pan is hot, coat the bottom with a small pat of butter. It is eating the layers together that makes them so good. with top-notch recipes, expert tips, and more. Recipe from Good Food magazine, February 2007. It's essentially fried dinner roll dough that's sprinkled in sugar. And they're a great base to experiment with. Hold the pan handle, ease a palette knife under the pancake, then quickly lift and flip it over. Great recipe - easy, quick and homey. My family is going to love these. 3 eggs worth makes 7 6-inch pancakes. could SR flour be substituted for plain for a more "fluffy" result? So many wonderful toppings you can choose from but I'm like you, smear on some butter and sugar, roll em up and devour. I am an amateur baker and cake decorator. Pour batter into a measuring jug. I love the idea of using oat flour! Ideally you don't want the pancake to brown at all, so adjust your heat as needed. It is deep fried dinner roll dough, sprinkled with sugar - sort of like a beignet. I've searched for the recipe for years, thank you so much for sharing! If you try it, let me know how it goes. I love your savory filling. When it stops "growing" it is done. It's not very helpful to put "as many as you like" under "Serves". And if you want to serve the pancakes all together, put the oven on low and stack the pancakes on an oven-proof plate. It's such a nostalgic recipe for me, it's hard to think beyond my memories. Ladle some batter into the pan, tilting the pan to move the mixture around for a thin and even layer. Thanks, will do. They are awesome! Want some pancake fillings inspiration? Now you've got your pancake recipe, there's so much you can use as a pancake filling, whether you're looking for sweet or savoury. I've never had them savory - Great idea! We would most commonly eat them sprinkled with a little brown sugar, and rolled up. This made a perfect dinner for one tonight, and I will definitely make them again for my husband. To make them more like a dessert, I added 1/2 teaspoon of confectioner's sugar. Heat a small non-stick frying pan (6- to 8-inches) over medium-low to medium heat. Make a well in middle. Thanks, mrslarkin! *To keep this recipe vegan, you can try subbing the 2 eggs for 2 flax eggs or chia eggs. So excited to see this very similar recipe to the egg pancakes my German aunt made! Pour enough batter to cover the bottom of the pan (about 3 T for a 6-inch pan.) This pancake recipe makes 3-4 pancakes (perfect if you're making them just for you). Did your grandma happen to make something called "bucken"? The —hardlikearmour, These pancakes make a perfect quick morning breakfast. Whole milk is best, but you can make it with 2% or even skim if need be. Kiln-baked Green Tea Souffle Pancakes at Hoshino Coffee. This fail-safe, easy pancake recipe guarantees a perfect batch of delicious pancakes — you just have to choose the filling! In a few minutes you have a tasty breakfast that is also fun to eat. Because I am trying to lessen my white flour intake (Type 2 diabetes), I used oat flour instead. https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/perfect-pancakes-recipe I see serve immediately but wondering about make-ahead, and let a savory hot filling "warm" them up. I enjoy outdoor activities including hiking, mushroom hunting, tide pooling, beach combing, and snowboarding. Search, save and sort your favourite recipes and view them offline.