o Prayer do it? This has been an eye opener for me, that now I know what a great writer should cover on his article as opposed to just be a writer. I was having trouble writing a report but this website really helped me write my methodology and a discussion. Producing a panel podcast requires a little more work. Cable TV News is Obsessed with Politics and it’s Dividing Us All. Don’t just repeat all the data you have already reported – aim for a clear statement of the overall result that directly answers your main research question. Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you with relevant advertising. very structured and clear, however as it is aimed at dissertations that have collected their own research, which for mine, i was not allowed to, and therefore this is not that helpful, Thank you very much for the clear instruction :). i have a question regarding the discussion section, how would you go about comparing your data collected to other alike studies if there is little to no research that is the same as yours? What kind of content are you creating that could easily be re-purposed and distributed to a wider audience as a podcast? Many long-standing audio programs and live events (The Moth) have jumped onto the podcast train as it’s picked up speed. Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already. They have developed a show with distinct segments, just like traditional radio and tv programs. Thanks a million for this article. (so no one has collected the same data as me for me to compare mine with). In a thesis or dissertation, the discussion is an in-depth exploration of the results, going into detail about the meaning of your findings and citing relevant sources to put them in context. Congratulations. If you encountered problems when gathering or analyzing data, explain how these influenced the results. The two examples listed below use a monologue or solo commentary to start their show, and then they move into an interview or panel discussion format. As more people listen to podcasts, more people will want to create their own. I just can’t help subscribing to new podcasts when I come across something interesting. Panel discussion lesson plan 1. You might run into people out there who believe that podcasts were born from people creating new content from their basement, and that’s the definition of a true podcast — some solo guy or gal with a microphone making stuff on a shoe-string budget as a hobby. I know I’ll have time to listen to only a fraction of them, but that’s ok. The discussion chapter is where you delve into the meaning, importance and relevance of your results.It should focus on explaining and evaluating what you found, showing how it relates to your literature review and research questions, and making an argument in support of your … A podcast is defined more by its delivery system than its content. Revised on There are a few common mistakes to avoid when writing the discussion section of your dissertation. He reads pre-submitted questions and then talks about his answers to them. You've written a great discussion section. They are full of malarkey. Thank you so much for this elaborate description of the discussion. Sermons, seminars, workshops, and even plays come to mind as possibilities. If you continue browsing the site, you agree to the use of cookies on this website. Thank you so much Scribbr. Thumbs up! ENGLISH After noting the limitations, you can reiterate why the results are nonetheless valid for the purpose of answering your research questions. by b) perform panel discussion; and How my brother leon brought home a wife powerpoint, Power point presentation of animal cell and plant cell, Proposed activities for english festival 2017, No public clipboards found for this slide. Regardless of why you want to start a podcast, you will have to decide which basic format to use. You might still want to mention studies that explored questions related to yours, that collected similar data from different populations, or that looked at different aspects of the same topic; alternatively, you might discuss how well your data fits with theories or models on the topic. The discussion interprets the meaning of the results, puts them in context, and explains why they matter. Of course, you don’t have to ad lib. ), you might contribute the following: “Cleary understanding the features provided by your virtual presenting technology is critical to your success. Published on March 21, 2019 by Shona McCombes. You can also begin by highlighting the most significant or unexpected results. But in my itunes library, this podcast form is dominated by journalism. a) Preliminary activities experts. It is not for the uncommitted. March 21, 2019 Are you going to interview people? Of course, you’ll also need some skills — organizational skills to book people to interview, interviewing skills, and the discipline to publish regularly (which I obviously lack in my own podcast). Republicans Gamed Mainstream Media to Be More Conservative, Now They’re Coming for Social Media. With each episode, I do my best to move toward the interesting/useful end of the spectrum, and away from the boring/time-warp end of the spectrum. You can change your ad preferences anytime. At last — a chance for global podcasting measurement? conversation in front of an audience. You can write it all out, which many podcasters do. Typically, you’ll kick it off with welcoming comments, an overview of the process and your role, as well as panelist introductions. d) Time Frame: 1hour I have cited relevant literature to show how my results fit in. Clipping is a handy way to collect important slides you want to go back to later. Published on Nevertheless, these are the pieces that one can become most proud, precisely because the take so much work to create. See our Privacy Policy and User Agreement for details. Ask yourself these questions: Your overall aim is to show the reader exactly what your research has contributed and why they should care. Recommendations: what practical actions or scientific studies should follow? I have made relevant recommendations for further research or action. They can be used in communication class for persuasive speaking assignments or education articles. Limitations aren’t about listing your errors, but about providing an accurate picture of what can and cannot be concluded from your study. If you wish to opt out, please close your SlideShare account. 21 Questions to ask when moderating your next panel discussion. For example, if your sample size was small or limited to a specific group of people, note that this limits its generalizability.