This salad was a great hit for a family get together. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/warm-bacon-endive-dressing Oh, the spinach was sooo happy! Try it for yourself to see! Set bacon aside. Everyone raved and went back for seconds and started scheming how we could work this into every meal ever. We served over spring greens topped with chopped green onion and sliced pecan-crusted chicken breast "planned overs". Use of and/or registration on any portion of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement (updated 1/1/20) and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement (updated 1/1/20). It's on my list of MUST TRY recipes. Saute the onion in the drippings until tender. I need a Nana fix! Add flour to drippings and then add water, vinegar, sugar, and mustard. I was so pleased that I found this recipe. Scoop out the bacon and set aside, leaving the fat in the pan. I also used Spinach instead. doesn't create as much fat, of course, but delicious nonetheless. I topped it off with crumbled blue cheese, candied pecans and bacon. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Then chop it or crumble it to add to the top of the endive salad. Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp and brown. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Add desired amount of warm dressing; toss to coat. You can get as creative as you want, I think, with how you use this dressing. Super dressing!! Gradually stir in the milk until smooth. Cut the ends off the endive and slice finely. I added I used the curly endive but also added a couple handfuls of a mix of baby greens for more color and different textures. This is the recipe I remember my grandmother making! Boy, is this a winning way! This was a big hit with us and it is farely low in fat. Whisk in broth. I found that the amount of dressing was perfect for 2 heads of endive. Remove from the heat. Let stand at room temperature. This was an incredible dressing and I cannot wait to make it for friends and family at my next dinner party. I had four family members ask for the receipe. Season dressing to taste with salt and pepper. Pressure-Cooker Chicken and Bacon White Chili, 50 Quick and Easy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents, 3 bunches curly endive, torn (about 12 cups). DIRECTIONS. Quality ingredients make all the difference in this simple salad, so splurge on extra-virgin olive oil, real maple syrup, and real-wood-smoked bacon. Add to greens. Stir until thickened. Add all other ingredients to the beaten egg and pour into the hot bacon fat and cook until thickened. Delicious! Remove bacon. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Add the egg mixture to the reserved drippings in the skillet. Stir a small amount of hot mixture into egg; return all to the pan; stirring constantly. … From the skillet remove 2 tablespoons of rendered fat to a bowl. Stir until dressing comes to simmer and thickens. Smoky bacon, tangy Dijon, and maple syrup cut the bitter and pepper notes of the lettuces. Reduce heat. Whisk in vinegar mixture. Cabbage – Red or green cabbage adds some extra flavor and nutrients to this healthy, endive salad. Remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings. Phenomenal. Leave bacon drippings in the skillet and allow to cool. Used it with spinach, but added shallots to the bacon drippings and quickly sauteed those and then add the remaining ingredients. In fact, instead of eating the main course of the dinner I'd prepared, I opted for a second helping of the salad! I cooked it too high initially instead of simmering so it got very thick quick. Serve, passing remaining dressing separately. I did saute the garlic and shallots as well. Add the sugar, cornstarch, salt and vinegar; stir until smooth. Number of Servings: 5 Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BURGERBITS. I used extra bacon drippings (thinking it would add to the flavor), but it just made the salad a little greasy. We don't eat meat, so we substituted an antibiotic-free, hormone-free turkey bacon. Really easy recipe and I will try it with some other greens as well. Good with spinich salad too (but be careful to not add too much dressing since the spinach will wilt quickly). Mmmm yummy! Add vinegar, sugar, flour, water, salt and pepper. Salad: Wash carefully, Endive or spinach leaves, then chop or tear into 1 inch long pieces.