It will remake the original Dark Souls with the Dark Souls 3 visual package, including rebuilt lighting and special effects. Item quantity must be greater than 1 for it to work. The PC release will have native 4K and as such, in direct comparison, should look better. Weird resolution issue (Dark Souls Remastered - PC) Hi guys, I posted about this a few days ago and still can't work it out. By Sherif Saed, We sometimes include relevant affiliate links in articles from which we earn a small commission. You only really notice the AO on the cars midscreen. © 2008 - 2020 eTeknix® Limited. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Black Friday deals are seeing gaming hardware prices plummet, Black Friday has come early – these are best console gaming deals so far, Amazon leads Black Friday deals with a sizzling Nintendo Switch bundle, Resolution – values vary depending on monitor, Display mode – windowed, borderless, full screen, Anti-aliasing – off, FXAA, FXAA high, temporal anti-aliasing. As long as it runs well on the average PC and doesn't have any of the problems DSFix caused or didn't fix, I'll personally be happy with the DSR PC port. I have a GTX 1080 and looking to run this at 4k, what would be the best setting to have? It may not be fair to expect a similar offering from Dark Souls Remastered, what with it being only a modest upgrade over the original, but we’re glad to see a few good options regardless. For more information, go here. This is also how AO generally looked when it started appearing in games; because of hardware and engine tech limitations, you'd get these "black halos" around things that really would never look like that IRL, and the effect would be overtuned to be more identifiable at a glance. So it's definitely there, it's just not always going to show up in a comparison shot due to this difference in implementation. Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. Dark Souls Remastered. Dark Souls Remastered runs at 1920x1080 on the base machines, and 3200x1800 on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Some games natively runs at 75 fps on my system but some are still locked below 75. Looking forward to the remaster? This section holds the data for how to unlock the frame rate cap. Dark Souls Remastered looks to be shaping ... though 4K resolution and 60fps is ... Players can now prevent matched red phantom players from seeing your “White Sign Soapstone” sign via option. Examples can be seen here. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Specifically, they are concentrating on the PC release. This can include surround support, voice chat, volume sliders, and subtitles. This video is a little old now, but it explains the basics of AA fairly well. – Let us know in the comments! By supporting eTeknix, you help us grow and continue to bring you the latest news, reviews, and competitions. All rights reserved.All trademarks used are properties of their respective owners. Our only glimpse of Dark Souls Remastered gameplay so far has been on the PlayStation 4 Pro, which left us with a few questions about what options PC … The graphics settings section holds the data for all of the individual graphics options that can be tweaked in a game. Those being ambient occlusion, motion blur, depth of field, and three choices for anti aliasing. DARK SOULS™: REMASTERED. The Microsoft enhanced console essentially delivers a … Later games in the series fared much better, offering a relatively rich list of customisable options. Typical video options include resolution, frame rate caps, V-Sync support, full screen mode, widescreen support, HDR support etc. Dark Souls Remastered's options menu on PC appears a bit lacking compared to the sequels, but still a welcome upgrade over the original. It does look "better" to some people (I actually like high contrast AO in 3d, personally), but from an artists standpoint, it's an overuse of the technique when applied to realistic visuals. Dark Souls Remastered runs at 1920x1080 on the base machines, and 3200x1800 on PS4 Pro and Xbox One X. Share your favourite articles, chat with the team and more. The first approach is considered to be the more "realistic" approach to using AO, and is generally how AO is used in larger studios and more high-end productions. I honestly would rate Dark Souls 1 as the best game in the series and if you are more familiar with the newer releases, this remaster is well worth a look. Nvidia has a good explanation of ambient occlusion here. Depth of Field blurs things in the background. Richard Scott-Jones In my experience, there are two common aesthetic approaches to using AO: Use AO to very subtly reduce lighting in corner spaces, Use AO to force high contrast darkness into corner spaces.