egg drop soup, imitation crab stick, kanikama. Stir in the kanikama and dark green portion of the scallion stalks. The cooking time depends on whether you like the corn really soft or still slightly crunchy. A Chinese style egg drop with shredded kani, sweet corn kernels and scallions in chicken broth slightly thickened with starch. No dairy product is used. Please do not re-use until you have read my copyright notice. Taste your "crab" and corn egg drop soup one last time, and add more salt and pepper if needed, before serving. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/29704/easy-chinese-corn-soup I don't see a problem using canned corn. Most recipes try and make this dish overcomplicated, when in fact its basic structure is very simple. Homemade Chinese Soups by Phoebe Lim Choon Lan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Connie Veneracion explores Asian food, history and culture. Sprinkle the bacon bits on top of the crab corn soup just before serving. Fruits, Vegetables and Other Plant-based Food, How to Prevent “Skin” from Forming on Custard, Anise (Aniseed) and Star Anise are Different Spices. © 2020 homemade-chinese-soups.com. It is low fat because the creaminess of the soup comes from the cream of corn and cornstarch solution. Chinese Corn and Crab Soup popsugar.com gingerroot, salt, white pepper, chicken broth, crabmeat, large egg whites and 1 more Get 30 days free access to chef-guided recipes Pour the beaten eggs in a thin stream over the entire surface of the soup. !Follow me on my FB Page: The Great Savor PH#CrabAndCornSoup #ChinesStyleCrabAndCornSoup eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'homemade_chinese_soups_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_3',321,'0','0']));The Chinese likes to use fresh corn. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. Simmer, covered, for five minutes (a few minutes longer is using fresh raw corn). Cover and simmer for another five minutes. What’s the Difference Between Dalandan and Dalanghita? I hope you enjoy the video, give us a THUMBS UP if you like our video, please don't forget to click SUBSCRIBE button and tap the bell icon to get notified!INGREDIENTS:3 pcs Crab Sticks1 medium Carrot1 pc Sweet Corn1 medium Onion2 large Eggs1/2 cup Cornstarch dilute with 1/2 cup Water2 and 1/2 litres Water or Chicken StockSalt and Pepper to taste**you can add 1 Bouillon Cubes Thanks for watching, I APPRECIATE each and everyone of you! This is a typical egg drop soup except the key ingredients are crab meat and corn kernels. Homemade Chinese Soups by Phoebe Lim Choon Lan is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. Thickeners in Chinese soups are typically cornstarch, arrowroot or other starchy flour. 5 basic beef stock recipes: peppery, milky, dark, strong and more. Please follow the instructions on my copyright policy page on how you can repost or re-use. Click on the image to the original source. Disperse the starch in two tablespoons water and pour into the soup. Our recipe comes from the local restaurants on the streets of Foshan City, Guangdong (Canton). As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Fresh crab meat with sweet corn soup. Use them to enhance the flavor of all your dishes, not just soups. Chinese thickened soups do not contain milk or cream. www.chinese-foodrecipes.net/2011/04/crab-and-corn-soup-recipe.html separated into white/light green and dark green portions. It is low fat because the creaminess of the soup comes from the cream of corn and cornstarch solution. Pictures appearing on this page are not necessarily mine. I am flattered that people think my content is good enough to re-use. Crab gives a hint of luxury and corn cream provides a velvety texture. Allow to boil gently for half a minute. Stir until the broth is clear and slightly thickened. Use these kang kong recipes to prepare this quintessential Southeast asian vegetable. These 2 Chinese crab corn soup recipes will use up your leftover crab meat and leave your tummy warm and satisfied . Stir after each addition until the soup thickens to a consistency you want, Remove the soup from the stove and quickly drizzle the egg white into the soup. it seems strange that crab meat and sweet corn should go together so well in this type of Chinese soup. Taste and season with salt and pepper. I like this soup because I am lactose intolerant and will almost always suffer a stomach ache if I consume creamy soup made with dairy products. The Best Chinese Crab Soup Recipes on Yummly | Maryland Crab Soup, Chinese Corn And Crab Soup, Cream Of Crab Soup Stir to break up any lumps. Count 10 seconds before stirring gently (see tips for. If you are new to using cornstarch, add it in one spoonful at a time. Except for screen grabs, stock photos and blockquotes, everything © Connie Veneracion. 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels (or canned corn kernels), Bring 4 cups of soup stock to a boil, add the corn kernels and cook for 10 minutes or until the corn is cooked, Add the cornstarch solution to thicken the soup, Season with salt, pepper and sesame seed oil, Sprinkle with chopped spring onion as garnish. I hope you enjoy the video, give us a THUMBS UP if you like our video, please don't forget to click SUBSCRIBE button and tap the bell icon to get notified! Image source: City Foodsters at https://www.flickr.com/photos/cityfoodsters/16312969426, Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, 5 Kang Kong Recipes Showing Different Ways to Cook it 空心菜食谱, 6 Chinese Chicken Stock Recipes to Enhance the Flavour of Your Food, 5 Basic Beef Stock Recipes To Complete Your Stock Making Repertoire, Combine cream of corn and soup stock in a pot, Heat over stove till the corn soup starts to boil, Add the crab meat into the soup , stirring gently to break up any big clumps of meat, When the corn soup starts to boil, pour the cornstarch mixture into the soup slowly. Bring the broth to a boil in a sauce pan. You can also use arrowroot or potato starch. Use a pair of chopsticks or fork, place at the edge of the bowl to guide the egg white flow, Give the soup a few quick gentle stirs to create the egg white "flowers". eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'homemade_chinese_soups_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',341,'0','0']));This Chinese crab corn soup recipe makes a satisfying creamy soup thickened slightly with cornstarch and cream of corn. It's "crab" and corn soup for people with crab allergy. In Fruits, Vegetables and Other Plant-based Food. All rights reserved. To make cornstarch solution, add 3 tbsp of water to 1 tbsp of cornstarch. Turn off the heat. | Privacy Policy | Disclosure and Disclaimer | This site is powered by SBI and has been live since 2006. 6 Chinese chicken stock recipes to help you make a mean pot of basic chicken stock. I find that removing the kernels from the cob can be quite time-consuming. Add the corn and white/light green portion of the scallions. To make one soup course at home we suggest 5 minutes preparation and 5-minutes cooking time. If you cooked this dish (or made this drink) and you want to share your masterpiece, please use your own photos and write the cooking steps in your own words. This Chinese crab corn soup recipe makes a satisfying creamy soup thickened slightly with cornstarch and cream of corn. These recipes may resemble chowders but they are not. Recipe 1: Crab corn soup with cream of corn.