Here’s the thing. On the other hand, I’m not as keen on the rice mask and won’t be repurchasing. I get easily bored of most skincare products, and I hadn’t expected to feel any differently about the Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask, especially since it’s one of the blander products I’ve used recently. Maybe there is something with the ingredients I haven’t tried a lot of products yet since I’m just starting to use skin care products. Who does that? 4 – Pretty good. this doesnt happen when i use the mizon (never oily, really, i find it so cool lol), i think its a better occlusive than the cosrx honey. Also, I feel like I haven’t seen you around in forever! I started using AB products and following an AB routine a few months ago, but just recently received a jar of the rice mask, and I’ve fallen in love with it. JavaScript seems to be disabled in your browser. I’ll be on the hunt for decants to test , The Cosrx dude looks 200% drunk in that header photo, lolz, Ooooh. Affiliate links are marked with an asterisk(*). This cartoon guy is stocky and dorky and his T-shirts are always a little too tight. (In fact, nearly a year and at least one repurchase of each variety, I still reach for these sleeping packs regularly and despite many newer and more “exciting” options on hand.). Unlike the honey mask, it gives me a very mild tingle when I first apply it. As a folk remedy, propolis has a long history. ive combination skin…can i use the above two mentioned masks? , You are also one of the people (like me) who would sneakily try to taste all of the Skinfood sugar scrubs, aren’t you . Consistency: Light, cooling gel consistency. Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask, Skip to the beginning of the images gallery. Moisturizes the skin and brightens skin tone. As an overnight mask: Use at the end of the basic skin care routine before bed. Despite the name, this doesn’t contain actual honey but refers to the propolis which is made by bees through mixing plant sap, beeswax and saliva. And then things just kept getting better and better. Like most other skincare ingredients, propolis hasn’t been studied nearly enough in a cosmetic context to be considered “proven,” but that may have less to do with propolis’s actual abilities and more to do with a lack of funding and academic interest in cosmetic skincare ingredients. I’m allergic to just about everything so finding things I can safely use is an exercise in itchyness and misery for sure, but this looks like it might be safe for me to use which is great. [end scene]. Do you like scnic or cosrx better as sleeping mask? How many products have gotten that score? Your email address will not be published. SELF. 5 – I’ll never be in the market for a replacement unless this one is discontinued. However, when i woke up i find that my tzone area was stil oily… as in, my skin thinks it doesnt have enough moisture…? COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask, 60ml / 2.02 fl.oz | Rice Extract 68% | Korean Skin Care, Vegan, Cruelty Free, Paraben Free 4.5 out of 5 stars 1,079 $11.95 Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Betaine, Niacinamide, Dimethicone, 1,2-Hexanediol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Kernel Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Arginine, Carbomer, Allantoin, Xanthan Gum. Best suited for: Normal, dry, dehydrated/dry, and aging skin. Or are they not comparable given that they the Sleeping Pack doesn’t actually contain any honey (which I agree, is really weird). It’s a good thing I’ve been able to make it work for me as a day cream, since that opened the evening slot up for COSRX’s other new offering, the (brace yourself) Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask! Geeky gamer. As a daily moisturizer: Use at the end of your basic skin care routine. Wonder product! Required fields are marked *. Would be great if you have a tag or smth for these items (although I know that everyone’s skin is diffferent), I have a category called Holy Grails in the category drop-down menu in the sidebar! 2. Can also be used as a wash-off mask by applying a thick layer and wiping or rinsing off after 15 minutes. As an overnight mask: Use at the end of the basic skin care routine before bed. Apply as the last step in your evening skincare routine, leave overnight and wash off the next morning. If I can use the product as a regular moisturizer, I don’t see why I shouldn’t. 1. Its amazing. 2 – Caused me some problems; would not buy again. I just saw that these masks come in squeeze bottles now! But now I also want the rice one , Hahaha…at least they’re not super expensive, Su:m37 or Sulwhasoo type masks, right? I think it has the word “honey” to highlight where the propolis comes from (honey bees) – this is very important for those of us who are allergic to honey/penicillin/etc. The rice mask is good if you need more moisture since it has a thicker consistency but you can get better brightening results from other skincare products. It’s dry by the time I go to bed, and I wake up with soft, supple, hydrated skin that never dips below the 53% water mark, even after a long night of mashing my face into my pillow under a ceiling fan turned up full blast. As an overnight mask : Use in the end of the basic skin care routine before bed. as an overnight mask, a wash off mask, or a daily moisturizer!1. It’s fantastic stuff! After giving yet another type of sleeping pack to my father’s wife yesterday (unlike mine, her skin seems to be perfectly fine with them,) I decided to come back here to check the ingredient list for the honey sleeping pack, and damn… I love CosRX so madly, and I wanted to try this mask so badly. My oily, acne-prone skin would be better off with the honey but the thought of having “chewy,” bouncy and resilient skin makes me want to try the rice mask. ( Log Out /  ~~. I’ll have to check them out. Fifty Shades of Snail uses affiliate links. Netflix-er. See! (The Hanyul rice essential skin softner is great for diminishing dullness and brightening). Dispense a pea-size amount of COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask. ( Log Out /  As a wash-off mask: Apply a generous amount of honey mask and leave it on for 15 minutes. Let me get this out of the way right now: this mask was a huge surprise to me. Post updated 9/15/16. Leave it on overnight and wash it off the next morning. COSRX Ultimate Nourishing Rice Overnight Spa Mask is available from: Now the only thing left to ask is, Is Mr. Rx single? I read on your blog that you love Niacinamide, do you have this warm sensation with other products, too? If that makes sense at all . Well, you know what? Looks like a cream texture when dispensed, Moisturising but cream spreads softly and smoothly – there is no resistance, Leaves skin looking lightly dewy and moisturised. Thanks for the reply. It’s there and it’s nice, but it isn’t very exciting, won’t make you look twice. I’m glad I’m seeing more products with rice extract. (And a year later, my extremely positive experience with the rice-heavy Naruko Face Renewal Miracle Essence has me feeling very positive about rice in skincare.) Monetized links on this blog are marked with a single asterisk (*). Dries down to a light tacky finish and works really well in combination with lots of previous skincare layering. Also, your last caption made me hungry. However, I’ve heard good things from others with oily skin who have used the rice; using less product at a time may be helpful. hi fiddy, I hope youre having a good day ^^ Id like to ask how you would compare rice overnight mask with Mizon’s good night white? I like to smooth a couple of layers of this on immediately after my nighttime sheet mask(s). In my opinion, that makes it worth a shot. Will be binge reading your reviews for the rest of the eve. Ive tried both the mizon and the cosrx honey overnight; bought the cosrx bc i want to try it. If you have multiple skincare steps, I feel like this doesn’t absorb well over it and makes my skin feel clogged. Notable ingredients: As you can tell from the percentage listed in the ingredients list, the propolis extract is the star here.