There is a day use parking area next to the lake with a nice trail down to the water. We'd love to hear about your adventure. The Convict Lake area is quite beautiful! The campground and nearby resort offer many amenities for a convenient and enjoyable camping experience. Thank you. See 4 traveler reviews, 26 photos and blog posts. Photo 1 of 26 of Convict Lake Campground - Mammoth Lakes, CA. Mono County, California, USA. Many RV adventurers are upgrading to lithium batteries because they're a superior alternative to traditional lead-acid batteries. ... Search Results for Convict Lake, Fishing Stock Photos and Images (188) Page 1 of 2. Campers can pay for showers at the Convict Lake Resort. There are two Convict Lake Campground sites available for June 20 arrival and June 21 departure. Man climbing up Laurel Mountain above Convict Lake, Mammoth Lakes. National Forest, Golden Sierra Nevada walkway through aspens at Convict Lake. If you’re going to drive, then you’d want sites 2, 3, 4, 5, 87 or 88. Advertise, Copyright © 2020 CampsitePhotos.com These should fit your 20×10 tent). The entrance to Convict Lake campgrounds is a few hundred feet from the lake, but campsites further back in the campground are about 3/4 of a mile. The campground doesn’t’ give you a view of the lake but there is an unmatched view of the mountain. South Park is generally open early May through mid September. We will be coming from over 200 miles away and If I can get fresh water in the campground, I won’t have to travel with a full load all the way from home. Convict Lake sold out? California, Convict Lake Campground sits at 7500 ft next to Convict Lake. I read that information on recreation.gov website during the reservation process. Hi Bob I’ve been on the reservation site and the map shows sections then with zoom you can view individual sites. Campsites 56, 57, 58 and 59 are at the end of Convict Lake campground. Unless the changed their policy, campers can pay for showers at nearby Convict Lake Resort. Please select a reason for flagging this item: © 2020 Campendium Inc. All rights reserved. Also, how often are bears spotted at the campgrounds and has it ever been a problem if all recommendations are followed? Campfires are allowed in the fire pit. I recommend calling the Convict Lake Resort to see what they say: (800) 992-2260. The IBM strategic repository for digital assets such as images and videos is located at dam.ibm.com. © 2020 Campendium Inc. All rights reserved. WE CALLED 760-924-5500 AND ‘STEVE’ COULDN’T GIVE US ANY INFORMATION. Oddly enough I heard NO generators!! Looking for sights near one of the restrooms. Do you just drive around to see which of the sites are open? None of the campsites are on the lake. Did we forget something? You’ll need to go to the Convict Lake campground page (HERE) and click on the ‘Make A Reservation’ button/link to check availability and make your reservation. You can either drive around Convict Lake campground and see what first-come, first-serve campsites are available (usually vacant with no ‘reserved’ ticket on the post), or you can check in with the Camp Host. I will be visiting for the first time and want to camp Thursday, September 5. There will be about 5 people and 3 small to medium sized tents, do you think we will have room for all of them? Especially when it’s prime time. Beautiful lake, gorgeous scenery, roaring creek, fishing, hiking, and if you are looking for some peace and quiet, this is the place. Sunrise at convict lake in the eastern sierra mountains, Califonia, USA, Autumn dawn reflection at Convict Lake. The campground was quiet this time of year and chilly at night, we even woke up to snow our last morning! RV Parks Near Me Top Searched States with RV Parks Arizona California Colorado Florida Georgia New Mexico Oregon Texas Utah Washington; RV PARKS VIEW ALL Best RV Parks – 2019 Campers Choice Awards Golf Courses with RV Camping. Beautiful High Sierra views towards the mountains. The designated tent pad area is about 20×20 feet. Top Photos Trips (5) Blog Map Advertisement North America » United States » California » Mammoth Lakes » Blogs » Fall Colors in the Eastern Sierras » Convict Lake campground Campendium is an Amazon associate site and earns from qualifying purchases. Convict Lake is a lake in the Sherwin Range of the Sierra Nevada in California, United States. None of the campsites have hookups. Did you find us useful? This female yearling popped her head over the bear box as we were eating breakfast this morning. The fishing was kind of poor but the site was good! Buying from Alamy. Dogs are allowed in the campground (on a leash). In the Sierra Nevada, Cold Morning at Convict Lake With Frozen Shore.