On the contrary –. Most machines that are advertised as sewing and quilting machines won’t do nice work in both areas. It’s entirely made of plastics, which means you probably shouldn’t count on it to last for years or decades. If you have had prior experience with Brother machines, chances are that you won’t even need the video instructions or the user’s manual. You will never get that at this price. Before we dig in, let’s get one thing clear. Even after a few easy projects, the machine will pay itself off very fast. Some of them won’t do nice work at all. And sewists won’t encounter near as much trouble as quilters will. … CTRL + SPACE for auto-complete. They both share a long tradition of making high quality and durable machines for sewing enthusiasts worldwide. If you only do quilting, it’s not a perfect model for you. That’s why I decided to write an honest, in-depth review of Brother XR3774 Sewing & Quilting Machine, which is one of the most popular and affordable options out there. It lacks a few very convenient features such as the needle up/down position key, start/stop button, speed control slider. It’s equipped for basic quilting. The lid that covers the bobbin is see-through which is yet another plus for the Brother XR3774 sewing machine as you can keep track of the bobbin thread and know when it is time to change it without risking that it will leave you without thread in a middle of a great looking stitch. I think that the drop down bobbin is one of the best inventions ever since the sewing machines were invented. Theoretically, the pedal should work just like a gas pedal in your car – the more you press it, the faster the machine will sew. The variety of specialty feet makes it very versatile. In short, the Brother XR3774 is a user-friendly machine that you can use right out of the box thanks to the included detailed and easy to follow instructions. If quilting is not your primary goal, this machine could be your perfect match. It is also capable of basic quilting. Eight sewing feet; This includes zig zag foot, zipper foot, blind stitch foot, buttonhole foot, button fitting foot, quilting … Brother XR3774 is designed for home users that need a sewing machine for day to day sewing projects such as making clothing items or home decor. And that is completely fine! Overall, Brother XR3774 is an outstanding machine, for both beginner and advanced users who’d like to do some active sewing or quilting. And that is completely fine! Don’t get me wrong here. If you purchase this machine, you will be able to take upon many different sewing projects without having to invest more money. Your kid can use it to learn, but it will serve you too well enough. The Brother XR3774 sewing machine has a lot to offer, and you should read my full review to make sure you are aware of all its advantages and disadvantages before you decide whether or not to buy it. For that, you would have to look into a specialized quilting machine. , which is one of the most popular and affordable options out there. The quick start guide will get you sewing in no time at all, even if you do not have any prior experience whatsoever. Beginners will have a hard time getting the hang of the foot pedal. eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'doyousew_com-banner-1','ezslot_11',105,'0','0']));As always, this largely depends on what you actually need. I haven’t seen many machines within this price range that come with whopping eight presser feet. Besides the most valuable features I have discussed so far, the Brother XR3774 also offers: The Brother XR3774 sewing machine has the looks and performs well, but the best news is that it is budget friendly and comes with an exceptional customer support plan and 25 years of warranty. Out of over 500 buyers, 76% awarded it five out of five stars. You won’t find millions of bells and whistles in this Brother XR3774 model. Whether you’re a beginner, intermediate or professional sewer, there is something for everyone in this craft corner. Brother XR3774 Quilting Machine Accessories. Another thing that everybody seems to be happy about is that the Brother XR3774 machine is pretty quiet. Brother and Singer are the two most appreciated companies when it comes to sewing machines. This is not a professional sewing machine, nor the high end one, so if you are expecting perfection- don't! It might not be a heavy-duty machine, but you would be surprised at how much it can handle. However, beauty is not its only asset, as Brother XR3774 is also packed with numerous useful features. As an Amazon Associate I (MaryJanesandGaloshes.com) earn from qualifying purchases. To expect all kinds of bells and whistles from a basic and cheap model would be unrealistic to say the least. Even though that’s not uncommon with portable machines, it’s still worth mentioning. Another 14% gave it 4 stars, which means the number of negative reviews is pretty low. I’ve created this website to help share my journey with you – hopefully you’ll find a bunch of useful advice, tips and guides. Most machines that are advertised as sewing and quilting machines won’t do nice work in both areas. © All Rights Reserved 2020 - DoYouSew.com. With this Brother XR3774 model, it just wouldn’t be fair to expect wonders. While I don’t doubt that this is true, I always like to try out a product for myself before I come to a conclusion.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'doyousew_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_8',103,'0','0'])); So, let’s see what I found out about Brother XR3774. Doesn’t seem very durable. The artistic floral design on the side of the front part of the machine makes it attractive and decorative at the same time. But it takes quite a lot of time to learn just how hard you should press it for the task at hand.