cover and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until the chops are cooked thoroughly. Too much meat and we’d stay off it for a while and eat loads of chicken instead so I don’t even know when I’ll be able to try this. … Delicious Pork Chops with pan Gravy made from scratch.. Mama probably cooked pork chops for us about every other week when I was much younger. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Like I mentioned earlier, these braised pork chops are fork tender. When it comes to braising, however, you usually are cooking your pork for a longer time. Nutrition information calculated using myfitnesspal is provided as a courtesy, but will vary depending on the specific brands of ingredients you use. Your kindness is appreciated! I did this MEME as well…I will have to check out some of those I have never heard of before until today.Blogging is great like that:D. The Pork chops look fabulous! It’s so fun to discover new food bloggers. Looks like amazing comfort food! This looks so delicious! Great recipe and what a fun MEME. You had me with that gorgeous photo of the pie at the top of your blog. You have put my blog on the map! If you mash potatoes to go with it, you can also put the gravy over them. looks like these came out just right! Love that milk gravy smothering these pork chops. Serve them up with skillet fried potatoes and brussels sprouts for a satisfying warm you up meal! It is excellent served over top of some pan-fried potatoes also! If your gravy isn’t as thick as you like, this might help. Simple, fast to prepare, tasty and importantly, light too! Transfer chops to a serving plate. I thought I would leave my first comment. That’s like a dream recipe. ), The pork chop dish is from Cooking Light so what’s not to love there. Thanks for hosting! I don't remember where I got it from, but we always enjoy it. A funny one really though because even though I get lots of traffic (probably for the recipes & galleries) I actually have minimal comments in the blogs – the stats are great so I normally just content myself with this…..I'd rather have real people than numbers though!! reading. Looks so good!! […] Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch […]. One of my favorite things to eat is pork chops. (heehee!) Gradually add 3/4 cup milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Place the chops on plates and pour the gravy over them. Works to keep it moist. A light recipe for pork chops and gravy, now that’s definitely a keeper :). Established in 2007, she shares and preserves family recipes as well as recipes for cooking light and keto.  12 Holiday Recipes eBook. I bet Grumpy was not so grumpy after dinner! I am making pork chops for Randy’s dinner tonight. Thanks for being there for me! I'm proud to be your friend too Shelby…how could a Grouchy's Honey & a Grumpy's HoneyBunch not become friends! Simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until pork juices run clear. These pork chops braise in an herb-infused stock and are topped off with a creamy and savoury onion gravy. cover and simmer for 20 - 30 minutes until the chops are cooked thoroughly. Stir in 3/4 milk, cover and cook 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. You have the gift of encouragement and you are very generous with your kindness. Return chops to the skillet; add broth, thyme and bay leaf. We called this milk gravy I still love it with sausage or breaded chicken too! Your chop recipe must go on our menu!!! I will have to try this recipe the next time. (Love pork chops for dinner…yum! Economical. Combine milk and corn starch, cook in skillet until thick, stirring constantly. brown chops on both sides, then add the water and all the spices. That gravy makes that chop. Combine milk and corn starch, cook in skillet until thick, stirring constantly. Place reserved flour mixture in a small bowl. Your lightened up chops turned out beautiful. I love that you posted the calories and point values. I always look forward to your comments and you always brighten my day! brown chops on both sides, then add the water and all the spices. I love the idea of the Meme and I really enjoyed your answers and invitation to join in. Pork chops are a great go-to for quick and easy meals during those busy weeknights also! It looks tasty. Reminds me of dinners at Nana’s house. https://bestrecipebox.com/milk-braised-pork-chops-with-mustard-sauce Add pork; seal bag and shake to coat pork with flour mixture. Yup – now that porkchop is one good looking porkchop!!! Your answers touched me…I even teared up when I read how I've teared you up. Follow our step-by-step, photo illustrated recipe to make our Pork Chops with Gravy. Fiona, Thanks for the tag! Turn pork. Place the pork chops back in the skillet. Reduce the heat just a bit and let the chops and gravy simmer for about 20 minutes or until the chops are done and tender. The hubby doesn’t think I make enough gravy! I love comfort food and what’s more comforting than pork chops and gravy? He thought he was getting greek chicken and I made baked corn dogs and fries instead. Grilling them is one of my favorite ways of cooking them in the warmer weather and it is comforting to know that the USDA lowered the cooking temperature for pork to 145 degrees which means you can have a juicier chop with less cooking time! Remove pork from bag, reserving remaining flour mixture. What a neat meme! This recipe is super easy and is one that will … Your pork chop recipe looks very good easy to make. Copyright © 2020 Grumphy’s Honeybunch ~ All Rights Reserved | Designed By PSH. Even tonight. With a slotted spoon, remove celery and onion; spoon over chops. Even tenderloin is a good fit. Turn the pork chops over, and reduce the heat to low and cover with a lid. After a quick sear, these Skillet Braised Pork Chops are cooked low and slow in a balsamic pan sauce to create an incredibly savory meal. He actually got pretty excited when he found out he was getting corn dogs. Just clean off any fat or silver-skin and cut into medallions. The pork looks great – a warming supper, just what we need at this time of year. Shelby is the author/owner of Grumpy's Honeybunch. https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/17546/gravy-baked-pork-chops As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. You guys are too cute! The Food Critic at home is not much of a meat person. I cannot wait to try it! Tender Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy is an easy pork chop recipe worthy of being called comfort food! 6.1 g I switch food around on Phil all of the time. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed.