It will thicken a little as it cools. This MAKES my day, Miriam! Preheat oven to 375°. Divine theme by Restored 316, « 20 Desserts to Make if You Love the Great British Baking Show. Can I substitute yogurt for the buttermilk? And should Beyonce’s PR rep or the lead hostess at Girl and the Goat be reading this post: I will happily exchange blueberry goat cheese drop biscuits for tickets/reservations. This looks amazing. With your fingers, quickly incorporate the butter and goat cheese until the mixture has the texture of flakes and small peas. Required fields are marked *. A few months ago I bought some goat cheese at Costco that had blueberries on it. To bake, simply unwrap and bake frozen, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time. Click here for instructions on how to enable JavaScript in your browser. Pour into a bowl and cool in the fridge. I have a lot of pastry flour left can I use it in these? Perfect for serving at a holiday party. Get our all-time MOST POPULAR treats. honey, add an extra teaspoon if your blueberries aren't very sweet. In her words, “these scone-like drop biscuits sound yummy and easy.” It was as if my doctor had called and told me that, if I didn’t bake blueberry drop biscuits at the earliest available opportunity, I could never have another Fizzy Peach Jalapeno Margaritas for as long as I lived. crazy how they don’t even need sugar huh!! Your email address will not be published. The answer is YES! thanks Gabby! Required fields are marked *. With clean and sturdy fingers, work the butter and the goat cheese into the dry ingredients. The original recipe called for lemon zest and yogurt, neither of which I had on hand for the first time in my life, ever. You’ll start by making the blueberry mixture. The fresh herbs add a note of earthiness to the tangy goat cheese. Call me! Thank you! On a floured sheet of parchment, roll dough into a 10-in. I put the cream cheese and blueberry sauce in separate containers which made it easy to plate at the event. Eat What You Want This is so easy and such a delicious combo of flavors – the goat cheese adds a little tang and there’s the richness of the balsamic – oh my. I’ve been working with Montchevre Goat Cheese and we’ve been putting it on pizzas, pastas, salads, dips, quiches… the works. Cover in plastic wrap … and backstage passes to Beyonce’s next concert (crush!). Ugh, stop it. I just picked up some blueberry goat cheese and am so excited to try these! Love them! Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until log becomes firm. I aspire to be this low maintenance. Chef // Globe Trotter / California Girl My secrets for making wholesome meals you'll WANT to eat. Bring blueberry goat cheese … Is the crushed rosemary fresh or dried? Add blueberries, salt, and honey to a small saucepan and cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until it bubbles and the berries are soft. Glad so many people enjoyed it though! Sometimes the most amazing things can be super simple! I love the thought of blueberries and goat cheese mingling in delicious biscuit dough! My friends give me a hard time about adding goat cheese to so many recipes. Goat cheese shmear? Oh my gosh, this sounds AMAZING! These look like biscuit perfection! It was delicious. Everyone raved about my “fancy” snack. The freshness of the blueberries really pop in this delightful dish and with the addition of creamy goat cheese and fresh picked basil it really brings out the flavors of summer, and it makes a nice presentation when serving guests. Any suggestions to make it festive for the day? Spread the goat cheese mixture over a small plate and top with the blueberry mixture that has been allowed to cool for a few minutes. The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! Was curious if the blueberry mixture could be frozen ahead of time? This and your cream cheese sugar cookies recipe I’ve copied onto index cards and added to the box of family recipes given to me by aunt, source cited of course. This has been my go to summer appetizer. Long how long does the blueberry mixture last? Sprinkle with remaining sugar. 1/4 tsp. WGC product line carried exclusively at Williams Sonoma, What's Gaby Cooking I’ve got rosemary growing in my yard, and I’ve got a huge bag of frozen blueberries that I picked last summer that were just aching to be used. I use fresh blueberries (in season) and fresh rosemary and I happen to have blueberry balsamic. Like how many days in advance can I make the sauce and then heat it the day off. Perfect combo! They make for the perfect breakfast treat. Such an easy and impressive appetizer for when I’m in a pinch! circle. Spread half of the blueberries onto the plastic wrap, slightly larger than the cheese log. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter to coat the pieces with the flour. It’s been the year of goat cheese here on What’s Gaby Cooking. Blueberry goat cheese drop biscuits began when my friend and fellow food-enthusiast Sarah emailed me a scan of a 2004 Midwest Living recipe for blueberry drop biscuits she’d clipped years ago. Can you make this ahead of time and then warm the blueberry sauce up? Let rest 5 minutes. Notify me of replies to my comment via email. Enjoy and wishing you many a bikkie, and the more blueberries the better :). By now you’re all well aware of my Montchevre Goat Cheese obsession. Yummmm! I’ve now made the recipe more times than I can count, exactly as is, and also with countless variations of flavored goat cheese, omitting the berries and sugar for savory varieties. :/ Pour it into a bowl and put it in the fridge until it’s cool. Made this for a get together tonight. This easy Blueberry Balsamic Goat Cheese Appetizer comes together in less than 15 minutes and is an impressive dip perfect for serving at your holiday party. 1/8 tsp. Desperation must breed genius, because the goat cheese is marvelous. When should I add the salt? If you want to slather some extra goat cheese or butter on each bite, I would never judge you!!! Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Mix blueberries, 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and basil. If you are concerned your guests aren’t big goat cheese fans, you could use more cream cheese and less goat cheese. Fold everything together being careful not to overwork the dough and/or crush the blueberries. Or pop them in a toaster oven for a few minutes to warm them through. Danielle, thanks for sharing! I didn’t place because it was savory and if you want to win a blueberry competition you need to go sweet, but I saw it was the dish people went back for seconds of and I got a lot of praise. Can I smear them with goat cheese, please? Add the rosemary, honey, salt and balsamic vinegar. I would go that route myself, but for serving guests I try to ease them into it. When you’re ready to eat, take out the log half an hour before serving so that the cheese is soft enough to spread. I could score reservations at Girl and the Goat (will it ever happen?)