I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using our links. TIP: Use an ice cream scoop with a spring release to add the batter without too many drips on the pan. There was an error submitting your subscription. I hope you get to try them! This healthy recipe for gluten free blackberry oat muffins uses fresh berries and oatmeal. The light amount of butter makes the blueberry muffins rich but not too rich to deserve their “healthy” designation, and a handful of oatmeal gives them a more satisfying texture. Add egg, coconut sugar, mashed bananas, vanilla, salt and baking powder. I made a batch yesterday as I had extra blueberries in the fridge. Working with gluten free flour is a real adventure. Divide the batter among the prepared muffin cups. You could substitute any berry you want! Give these luscious muffins a try and you’ll see what I mean. I’m an avid thrift shopper, a lover of my sweet Shelty dogs, an unabashed watcher of Hallmark Movie Channel Chick Flicks, and an enthusiastic walker. I’m a believer that everybody should learn to do AK. “Just blueberry,” it turns out, makes the best blueberry muffins of all. If you use frozen berries you might find that you need a bit less moisture as they will be more moist as they thaw. These are the best muffins for breakfast or a snack on the go. Your email address will not be published. I don’t know the exact amount, but a good baseline would be around 200 – 220 calories. So healthy! I was looking for healthier alternatives for my sweet tooth. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Because they’re made with honey instead of sugar, and [url href=”http://www.pamelasproducts.com/products/baking-mixes/pamelas-baking-pancake-mix/” target=”_blank”]gluten free flour[/url] instead of all-purpose, they’re healthier, lower calorie and clean-eating. Healthy Blueberry Muffins are slowly curing me of my uncanny ability to over complicate. Adults love that these healthy blueberry muffins are wholesome and made with whole grains. Love you healthy muffins. Divide the batter evenly among the muffin cups. Please do not copy and publish full recipes. Moist, fluffy, and berry PACKED! So as a result of reducing the flour back to the original amount (1 1/2 cups) and substituting coconut sugar for the honey, the muffins turned out fabulously. However, that makes the muffins too heavy so they sink too much in the middle. Yum — wish I could eat one of these for breakfast right now (somehow, my multigrain English muffin just doesn’t seem as exciting as a blackberry muffin, you know?). In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, butter, eggs, and vanilla. What a delightful combination of flavors! Travesty! Thanks! The Well Plated Cookbook is now available! Place a rack in the center of your oven and preheat to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat a standard muffin tin with nonstick spray or line with paper liners, then coat the liners with nonstick spray. This is definitely a topic where everyone seems to have a different opinion. We have several places we can pick blackberries. Required fields are marked *, REQUIRED: By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website (optional) and IP address with Flavor The Moments. Blackberry Banana Muffins: I don’t know about you, but for me, nothing beats coffee and pastry first thing in the morning. . They work well and make these muffins feel extra special. Add the milk and whisk until incorporated. So I made muffins with chocolate chips, blueberries, strawberry/banana and mango along with blackberries. Sea Salt1/2 tsp. Enjoy! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for 3-4 days or in the refrigerator for up to one week. NOTE: My personal preference is to use a gluten free flour that's not Pamela's baking mix. Thank you, Anne! I’ve found that spray oils leave residue all over the pan that is hard to remove after time, so I avoid them. I made these muffins back in early March before we moved out of our rental house and into our new home. Bake the muffins for about 15 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. They're perfect for holiday and company breakfasts. And you can bet these Blackberry Banana Muffins would be part of the pastry rotation. That means a lot coming from you. If you’re looking for a healthy recipe to satisfy your sugar cravings, Healthy Gluten Free Blackberry Muffins are a great option. https:/, Cowboy Cookie Chocolate Pie - amazing! Wonderful, Danielle! If you made this recipe I’d love to hear from you! Welcome - I'm so glad you've joined the AOC community! Your email address will not be published. Did you make this recipe? My family loves muffins and we are going to have to give these a try soon. Hi, I’m Teresa. [br][br][br]I’ve made this recipe with 1 1/2 cups flour (which is the amount on the original recipe) and caused the muffins to sink in the middle, and 3 1/2 cups flour which caused a rounded muffin top but the muffins were a little on the heavy side. OH my gosh, I LOVE muffins in the morning. . This healthy recipe for gluten free blackberry oat muffins uses fresh berries and oatmeal. If you bake muffins at a steady 350° for the whole length of baking time, they will usually be flat on top. Hi Theressa! Well I can certainly get some good use out of this recipe! Your email address will not be published. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. If the muffins seems dense and a bit under cooked it likely needed 5-10 more minutes in the oven. The Library also includes notebooks, checklists, organizing helps, recipes and more. Blackberries are my fave! I have been a Certified Nutrition Consultant and practiced Applied Kinesiology since the 80s and have AK tested many salts and Real Salt by Redmond AK tests better over pink Himalayan sea salt, Celtic, etc., for EVERYONE I have tested since the 80s. Your email address will not be published. Honey3 Tbsp. Nutrition is estimated using a food database and is only intended to be used as a guideline for informational purposes. Thank you, Consuelo! If you bake muffins at a steady 350° for the whole length of baking time, they will usually be flat on top. Love healthy muffins. These blackberry muffins are fluffy and delicious with sweet, juicy blackberries and the warm flavor of cinnamon. Rotate the pan at the halfway mark if you're using a regular oven for even browning. We pick and eat a ton fresh but we also make sure to have some to use in recipes like 10 minute, no-cook chia seed freezer jam, whole wheat skillet blackberry cobbler, individual big crumb berry crisps, or whole wheat blackberry crumb bars. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. And yes – pick all the berries. Your email address will not be published. If your dough looks dry after you’ve mixed everything in you likely need a bit more moisture. Healthy Gluten Free Blackberry Muffins are a clean-eating recipe that’s delectable. I did sprinkle a bit of cinnamon and raw sugar on the tops for a bit of crunch, but it’s totally optional. When you are converting a recipe to gluten free you may also find that you need to lengthen the cooking time. Add coconut sugar, baking powder, salt, bananas, egg, vanilla and milk in a large mixing bowl and mix with a whisk. Okay, lets make some muffins! I love to know what you are making! When I started working on this healthy blueberry muffin recipe, the first three ingredients I pulled out of my pantry were not blueberries, oatmeal, or applesauce (way too obvious); they were lemon extract, cardamom, and hazelnuts. These muffins make an excellent choice for holiday breakfasts. Delicious, easy, not overly sweet! Can you use almond flour in place of wheat flour? any idea of how many calories per muffin these come out to? Don’t over mix! July 10, 2018 at 9:20 am. My blackberries are just ripening. WELCOME! I go into lots of details about growing blackberries (and raspberries) in The Ultimate Caneberry Guide, where you’ll also find a TON of recipes for preserving and cooking with both types of berries. Add the flour to the wet ingredients, and sprinkle the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt over the flour.