Now, we add the essential final touch: blackberry buttercream. Required fields are marked *, Copyright © 2019 Grandbaby Cakes | Privacy Policy. We just welcomed our second baby, and this has been a total LIFESAVER with both kids so far. Grandbaby Cakes Cookbook Blogger Tour Cake Walk and GIVEAWAY! Note: add 1 cup of blackberries to a heavy duty blender or food processor to puree then sieve to remove seeds, Blackberries and edible flowers for garnish. Garnishing with fresh blackberries and lovely edible flowers makes this cake perfect for entertaining. Add the confectioners' sugar and butter and mix on low speed, increasing the speed to medium-high once the sugar is fully incorporated. When thinking about what recipe I could develop that was inspired by Martha, I knew a classic chocolate layer cake with a twist would be spot on. I thought the cake and frosting were delicious. Add the blackberry puree, vanilla extract, and salt and beat until the mixture is puree is fully incorporated. Enjoy! You could spend months on end testing recipes of all different kinds featuring every ingredient under the sun. Those ingredients are the key to a moist chocolate cake recipe. smooth, melt in your mouth, heavenly bliss. Thank you as always for following along and supporting this space – I truly couldn’t do this without you!! I'm Laura, the food-obsessed cook, writer, and photographer behind Fork Knife Swoon, where you'll find mostly sweet, seasonal recipes and stories from my Northern Virginia kitchen. The quality is impeccable and always reliable for my baking needs. Buttermilk or sour cream? Basically you are just removing the seeds from the frosting when you sieve the puree so the buttercream is smooth at the end. The color of blackberries creates a beautiful magenta hue that contrasts the darkness of the cake. This simple yet effective, not forgetting very delicious two-tier cake just screams summer to me! We took a selfie and even did a couple of fun teases together before the show began. These, Love berries and chocolate like this recipe? The plump, late-Summer fruit, cooked down into a fragrant, jammy blackberry mash, adds a subtle, but welcome fruity complexity, moisture, and faint reddish hue to an already deeply cocoa-filled cake. Subscribe today and receive a FREE Dessert E-Book and weekly recipes! Thankfully, as of yesterday, he has cooperated. Best Chocolate Cake Recipe with Blackberry Buttercream – A rich, decadent and moist chocolate cake recipe frosted in a luscious blackberry buttercream. Add the sifted cocoa and powdered sugar, a half cup or so at a time, until the frosting is thick and creamy. Your words on becoming a new mommy struck a chord with me too. Batter will be somewhat thin but this is normal. And he’s home. Begin by preheating oven to 350 degrees then liberally spray 3 (9-inch) round pans with non-stick … Granulated sugar or brown sugar or both? Should you use cocoa powder or baking chocolate? https://rodellekitchen.com/recipes/blackberry-chocolate-cake Continue to mix until light and fluffy. ), THE BEST Chicken Fried Steak Recipe! Use a spatula to fold in the blackberry mash, until combined. If your thanksgiving looks a little (or a lot) dif, The day after Halloween means it’s basically Chr, Of all the silly food holidays, #nationalsmoresday, If you’ve ever grown cherry tomatoes, at some po, More peach love because I just can't get enough th, Brown sugar peach pie. So I’ve been back in my childhood home for the last few weeks, trying not to succumb to the stress and the overwhelm and the hormones, and majorly willing this baby to stay cozy until at least his due date. On a personal note, this cake is also a celebration of the upcoming arrival of our little one, who is about to change our lives forever, turning our family of two into three. I want to make a good chocolate cake that will be layered and decorated. Two questions: 1. The questions are endless, however one thing we can agree on is taste. I trust Domino® Sugar because there are no artificial ingredients. Bake for 35-45 minutes, until a cake-tester inserted into the center of each. Now, we add the essential final touch: blackberry buttercream. I just found your blog through FoodieCrush, and can’t wait to browse some more recipes! They are impeccable and worthy of using time and time again. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put them in a heatproof bowl. They are an incredible marriage of flavor, texture and aesthetic. If so, make the chocolate with blackberry. Best Chocolate Cake Recipe with Blackberry Buttercream. Sure it takes a little extra time, but the feeling of baking something homemade is worth it. I’m a big fan of sneaking fruits and vegetables into chocolate baked goods – bananas, pumpkin, zucchini, berries, you name it – and this blackberry chocolate cake is no exception. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this. When I made the cake it was so seedy with the blackberry seeds I couldn’t stand it. I would actually just make my chocolate cupcakes recipe here that is already prepared with what you need: https://grandbaby-cakes.com/perfect-chocolate-cupcakes-recipe/. Stir in the oil, milk, egg, and vanilla, and mix until completely combined, but not overmixed. You could likely replace that with a flax egg, or take your chances without, but I haven’t tested it. Your email address will not be published. Drizzle in the reserved blackberry syrup until the buttercream frosting reaches your desired consistency. For a smoother, less “homemade” look, spread a thin layer of buttercream on the sides to lock in the cake/crumbs, refrigerate for at least an hour, then spread on a final, smooth layer of buttercream.³ If you’d like to make this blackberry chocolate cake into cupcakes, look no further.⁴ The original recipe happens to be vegan, but, worried about the stability in layer cake form, I did add an egg. And almost as important, my husband making it back in time for his birth. We are full term, the hubs is here, and he’ll get to meet his son right away, instead of early next year. Hi Regina, I love both equally so it really comes down to preference. filled with blackberry mascarpone cream and frosted with a fudgy blackberry chocolate buttercream I’m drooling at the thought of it. A rich, moist and tender chocolate layer cake frosted in a luscious blackberry buttercream. Set the blackberry mash aside to cool. I’m torn between this recipe and chocolate birthday cake recipe. Divide buttercream in 2 batches. Martha Stewart is such a class act. Should you use cocoa powder or baking chocolate? Two years ago, I met Thee Martha Stewart when I was included in the All-Star Chef line-up for the, In the baking world, there’s a constant unspoken quest to find the perfect chocolate cake recipe. Blackberry Chocolate Cake with Blackberry Buttercream Fork Knife Swoon. You may have already read something similar, but I cannot recommend a book called Cherish the First Six Weeks by Helen Moon highly enough! I substituted gluten free flour due to an allergy. Chocolate Cake Receitas Da Felicidade! I loved the finish of the luscious blackberry buttercream frosting and fresh berries.