Cut in butter, using pastry blender or use 2 knives pulling through ingredients in opposite directions, until mixture looks like fine crumbs; set aside. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Use a pastry blender or fork to blend then ingredients until the mixture resembles coarse sand. I made the recipe x 1.5. Keyingredient.com is a free cooking website. Because the recipe in this post does call for an apple, so of course you may use one. I have a GE profile convection oven ( I know awesome right?? Given the size of our family, my father would usually double the recipe and bake it in an 8×13″ pyrex dish. (1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup white sugar, 2/3 cup bisquick mix, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup softened butter), Mix all coffee cake ingredients together EXCEPT the blueberries. Paul. Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. This turned out SO good! Yay! It was too old. To prevent this I like to check the internal temperature with my kitchen thermometer when I pull it out of the oven. A delicious piece of the best coffee cake! To make this blueberry streusel cake, you’ll need ingredients for the crumb cake and for the topping. Did you know you can save this recipe and order the ingredients for. In medium bowl, mix coffee cake ingredients until blended. I use the bisquick mixture in this recipe as a replacement for the flour, baking soda, and salt that would otherwise make up a coffee cake. This old recipe is moister and has a better topping (if you like gooey crannies) than the recipe on the box now (2008). My mom always made this! Bisquick Streusel Coffee Cake. SOUR CREAM STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE Source: Food Follies; Kristen Fox, June 3, 2005 Note from source: I had the urge to bake something the other day, and a recipe on the back of the Biscuit & Baking Mix (Bisquick, or store brand) seemed like it would be quick and painless, and would result in cake, which was the whole point, of course. Thank you for sharing this! A mess….almost put in bigger pan, but followed recipe….did not test internal temp….its bisquick, never have had to test bisquick like a roast.. Sprinkle the streusel topping over the blueberries. I’m mean I enjoy a good cup of coffee now and then, but I still wouldn’t want a cake to taste purely like it! Allow the cake to cool slightly before serving. Stir the ingredients together until they’re combined. You can make Bisquick cinnamon coffee cake for a larger group by making a few at one time! For my family this is Grandma's coffee cake which she makes by the yard when we are together. 14 %, (better with butter) or 2 tablespoons hard. For my family this is "Grandma's coffee cake" which she makes by the yard when we are together. This post may contain links to Amazon or other partners; your purchases via these links can benefit Simply Recipes. Remember my mother making it when I was a kid then I started making it as a teen. Sounds delicious- they are bigger than blueberries so you probably don’t need as many. I’ll update the post soon to reflect this!! How long did your father bake the coffee cake double recipe? 4 Bake 20 minutes or until golden brown, testing with a toothpick. This website or its third-party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. So glad you enjoyed it! I wanted this streusel coffee cake to have a lot on top- because it’s extra delicious! Make Cinnamon Streusel; reserve. These cookies do not store any personal information. Apple coffee cake recipe made with Bisquick baking mix, with brown sugar streusel topping. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. I even ate a piece and loved it. So make sure your Bisquick isn’t expired! Someone brought it to my attention that this happened when they used expired Bisquick. I think what you are asking is if you can use apples in your mom’s Rag Cake recipe instead of fruit cocktail. You’ll need: Exact measurements are listed in the recipe card at the bottom of this post. In small bowl, stir streusel ingredients until crumbly; set aside. 1 Preheat oven to 400°F. Bisquick Coffee Cake Tip: Gently fold in your blueberries. I chopped the apple into small prices and put 1/3 the batter in pan then sprinkled some of the topping the the other 2/3 s of the batter and more topping. This old recipe is moister and has a better topping (if you like gooey crannies) than the recipe on the box now (2008). spring form pan and it came out perfect…Instead of using Almond/Vanilla Extract for the glaze I made a Lemon Glaze with fresh Lemon…Outstanding treat…We are very happy here in Massachusetts…Thank you Lisa…I wish I could post a picture of this beautiful dessert…. I do recommend refrigerating the leftover coffee cake (if you have any!) Easy Ideas for Busy Parents | Houston Texas Mom Blog. https://www.food.com/recipe/old-bisquick-streusel-coffee-cake-recipe-341322 SERVES: 10. Still has a wet center. Let sit a few minutes and then serve warm with butter and lots of milk or coffee. Read more about our affiliate linking policy. I also added 2 teaspoons of vanilla yogurt to the milk to make the 2/3S cup . Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until golden brown. The glaze is made with almond extract because I love the flavor of it, but you can totally use vanilla or orange extract instead! Morning Coffee at my house will never be the same! It is definitely a bakery quality treat. Preheat oven to 375°F and grease a 9 inch round pan.*. Try using apple juice instead of the 2/3 cups milk or water, I always use some type of juice in place of any recipe like this that calls for water. Topping was delicious. Join us and discover thousands of recipes from international cuisines. This blueberry coffee cake recipe is easy to make and tastes amazing! Read more about Mariah! I’m fearing this will end up in the trash. Otherwise the batter will turn out thick and won't bake correctly. Is that where I messed up? Spread about 1 cup of the batter in pan. Nov 19, 2015 - This is what used to be on the Bisquick box. Well I also remember the exact same coffee cake on Sunday mornings…drooling waiting for it to be done, the smell was terrific..my mother taught me to bake, she was 96 years old at her passing.