It seems to have similar features to the EV RE-27. It is not surprising that for many years the BBC have used the M201 as a general purpose studio mic, both in the networks and on local radio. Age-old thread but I'm jumping right in it. Large-diaphragm HyperCardioid Dynamic Microphone. I've often wondered about this one too. See the seller's listing for full details. I totally agree that Beyerdynamic make excellent mics. That’s not to say it’s not an outstanding microphone, I think it’s more of a marketing issue – or maybe I’m just talking to the wrong people, hah! Hey there! Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Stereo Microphones Instrumental Microphones Vocal Microphones Stage Wireless Microphones Discover now! Recently did side-by with the M99, PR-30 and the RE20 for voice work. This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller. No additional import charges at delivery! Beyerdynamic Microphones & Wireless Systems, Microphone Pro Audio Microphone Windscreens, beyerdynamic Hypercardioid Pro Audio Microphones, beyerdynamic Wireless Pro Audio Microphones, Pro Audio Microphone Pop Filters for Shure, Electro-Voice Pro Audio Dynamic Microphones Systems. Doesn't mean it isn't a great mic though. The M80-SH is offered with black head grill and ships with both the M784 metal and M785 plastic drum mounts, a leather microphone bag and 5 meter SGMC-5 XLR cable with right angle female XLR. You need an account to post a reply. It may be a bit more expensive than the other contenders like the RE20, which could explain it's lack of popularity. Please enter five or nine numbers for the postcode. Protect your microphone from wind interference and other noises. I just snagged the M99 off of a seller on Sweetwater, used for $220 shipped.....I sold my SM7B, just cant seem to get it to sound the way i want on my voice. It's funny, but there are some Beyer mics that are all the rage (M88, M201, M160) and go for practicallly new prices on the used market due to demand...and then there's some that seem to get no love and go completely under the radar. I have a feeling this mic would fit my voice really well. Filter View. Has a 3 positon eq selector, which gives you highshelf with low rolloff, kick drum curve and flat. So how about Beyer M81? Does anyone know why? Seems to be one of those really good "radio mics" that get zero hype or buzz for no apparent reason. It is a little more sensitive to placement than my atm25, so I end up using the atm25 more for kick. I will compare it to the RE320, and the PR-40 as a voice-over, broadcast, microphone. Share on Facebook - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Twitter - opens in a new window or tab, Share on Pinterest - opens in a new window or tab. The item you've selected wasn't added to your cart. I purchased my M99 for radio announcer use, as it had been suggested as an alternative to the Shure SM7B or Electrovoice RE20 depending on taste. The company now has a new dynamic microphone – the M99. Will usually post within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment. I think the M99 just never picked up any buzz for some reason. Perhaps that's mainly because I want to give it a try because I have this habit of doing what others' don't. International postage and import charges paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Any international postage and import charges are paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. International postage paid to Pitney Bowes Inc. Any international postage is paid in part to Pitney Bowes Inc. 30-day returns. For additional information, see the Global Shipping Program, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. applicable). The tailored frequency response suits many applications from instrument miking to on air broadcasting. For my voice it is my favorite dynamic. $6,492. Subscribe to our newsletter for exclusives, deals, new arrivals, and vintage gear! The Beyerdynamic M 99 is a studio quality dynamic moving coil microphone, with a tailored frequency response which suits many applications – from instrument miking to on-air broadcasting! Get the item you ordered or get your money back. When you buy products through links across our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in new window or tab, This amount includes applicable customs duties, taxes, brokerage and other fees. You must return items in their original packaging and in the same condition as when you received them. I have just found out that Beyerdynamic have discontinued production of the M99. i'm really frustrated with the usual candidates for bassdrum, like beta 52, senn e602/e902 etc. Microphones from beyerdynamic: microphones with the best audio quality for all applications. I tried to find a sample of this mic for voice over, but nothing came up. This item will be posted through the Global Shipping Program and includes international tracking. The PR-30 had a little more top end, which the client liked (we bought a pair). Ended up choosing the PR30, but the M99 and RE20 were very similar and both great options. 0% interest for 6 months on New & Vintage*, Used / Vintage Instruments and Accessories, Handmade Magnatones Now Available at Sonic Circus, A rare bird the Aengus Type 73 Recording Console, Sonic Circus recreates five vintage studios for two upcoming Aretha Franklin productions. Something went wrong. Recently did side-by with the M99, PR-30 and the RE20 for voice work. Click here to login, The ability to reply to and create new discussions, Access to members-only giveaways & competitions, Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As, Access to members-only sub forum discussions, Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio, Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free. Please enter a number less than or equal to 1. The M99 is a dynamic, moving coil microphone. beyerdynamic TG 1000 Dual Receiver. The M99 is a large-diaphragm, moving coil dynamic microphone with a hypercardioid pickup pattern. Microphones. Product description The M 99 by Beyerdynamic is a dynamic moving coil microphone of studio quality. For vocals it seems to like guys more than women. Similar to the Heil PR 40 in design, size, and application, the M-99 is a high-quality, end-address mic suitable for broadcast voice, instrument, or kick-drum miking. 'The Ultimate Podcasting Mic Shootout' rated it pretty dog-gone high, and particularly good for its side rejection. I too am very interested in trying this microphone but I also noticed that hardly anybody is using it. I use my M99 occasionally for kick but my favorite application is on floor tom (generally with an M88 on kick). View cart for details. Studio Standard Dynamic Microphone with Five position bass roll-off switch. The M69 is one of those, and I will contend that this makes it a major deal on the used market. Sold out Quick view. $3,701. This is one of those Beyer mics that gets no discussion. Windshield Microphone Pop Filter Sponge Foam For RODE NT3 M3 Mic Windscreen, 2pcs Sponge Windscreen Shield Pop Filter Wind Shield Foam Dynamic Mic Cover, Pop Filter Sponge Cover For Beyer dynamic MC910 MC930 950 Microphone Windscreen, Beyer M99 MC834 MCE82 90 MCE Microphone 2" Foam Windscreen from Windtech 5071-20, Beyerdynamic M111, M201 Windscreen Black foam 1" from WindTech 600 series 5066, Microphone Foam For Beyerdynamic Beyer dynamic M99 FOX Mic Windscreen Pop Filter, {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}.