One pan concoction are all the rage for the busy, on the go cook of the family. This simple recipe chars up some onions and bell peppers to toss with sausage and mix in with a fabulous homemade red rice recipe that can serve as a stand-alone side to any dish. Drizzle melted butter and about 2 Tbsp. Season evenly (and generously), to taste with Cajun seasoning and salt and pepper. Saute sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Spread one side of each slice of bread with a Tablespoon of butter. Grease a very large baking dish/baking sheet tray with either non-stick spray or a bit of olive oil. Allrecipes has more than 30 trusted beef sausage recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. While pasta cooks, melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove from oven. Add onion to bacon drippings and cook until soft. My Mom would make this for us all the time. Increase oven temperature to 400 degrees. 1 (14 ounces) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch rounds, 1/2 yellow, red or orange bell pepper, diced. The woman who owned and made the soups at my favorite deli was retiring. You can add more or less brown sugar, depending on how sour you like your kraut. I say drizzle it with a mild melted cheddar and really make your taste buds go crazy. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes. In a separate skillet, brown the sliced kielbasa for around 5 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. All it takes is a seasoning packet substitution and it’s a new meal every time! Allrecipes has more than 30 trusted beef sausage recipes complete with ratings, reviews and cooking tips. How to Grill Burgers: Perfect and Juicy In 7 Easy Steps, Maintenance 101: How to Store a Grill for Winter. Try garnishing with lime wedges. 1 pound smoked sausage, cut into bite-sized pieces, 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock or broth, 1 cup freshly grated parmagiano-reggiano (parmesan). Reduce heat to medium, and cook until sausage is heated and the onions are soft. A lot of people don’t think of sausage in a soup, but when you ponder the concept, it makes a lot of sense. Add into the skillet/pan the sliced onion, along with the sliced red and yellow bell peppers, and allow those to char and become golden, for about 3-4 minutes; then, add in the garlic and a couple of pinches of salt and pepper, and stir to incorporate. https://www.thespruceeats.com/delicious-smoked-sausage-recipes-4125629 Prepare pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. You can do a lot with this recipe and add in your favorite flavors to make it all yours. Lentils are a popular legume used in many dishes, especially soups. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, then stir in half and half. Add the uncooked pasta to the skillet and make sure it is all submerged under the liquid. Serve nice and hot! Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel-lined plate. An easy week night dinner that my kids love. Add the onions, salt, cayenne, whole garlic cloves, bay leaves, thyme, and parsley to the pan. Add peppers and onions to the pan, season with all the spices, mix well and cook 5 minutes. Cajun, Old Bay, ranch, citrus, chipotle (or whatever you can dream up) seasonings top off this quick take on a classic seafood boil. This quick cabbage and sausage dish was a big hit in my house. Good at any time of year, black-eyed peas slow cooked with a smoked sausage and seasonings create a hearty meal best served with a big appetite! The correct directions can be found on “Whole and Heavenly Oven” website . Pick your favorites from the list above, invite a few friends over, pour some beverages, and serve up your summertime favorites as a medley of flavors you can dish up year round. I have searched the whole page for the servings amount for these recipes and cannot find it anywhere. Served with warm honey cornbread and black-eyed peas, and you have every staple needed to bring them running to the supper table. Stir in the fresh spinach, one cup at a time, until wilted. 2 slices bacon, chopped into ½-inch pieces, ½ pound smoked sausage (I use kielbasa), sliced, ¼ to ½ teaspoon hot sauce (I use TABASCO). Slice the sausage into three pieces lengthwise and cook in a small skillet over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until heated through. Have it with a nice salad, and dinner is done. Not only is it super yummy, but it’s pretty darn good for you too if you use a light olive oil and go heavy on the veggies. They are not the most fancy nachos, but they taste great. The picture looks amazing and I would love to try it. Tightly seal foil packets by folding up the sides over the contents and tightly folding up the ends over the seam. 5 oz if using pre-cut), 2 (14.5 oz) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed. Thanks Cara! Add the cooked potatoes and kielbasa to the skillet with the onions and peppers and mix everything together. This is so easy with amazing results. Place a lid on the skillet and allow the mixture to come up to a boil. Add butter and olive oil till butter sizzles. Cover, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes. Bring to a simmer. You want about a 60/40 ratio with potatoes and sausage, Place olive oil into your pan over medium heat – add onions and sausage – cook for 5 minutes – add garlic and all seasonings – cook for 2 minutes, Add chicken broth, tomatoes, milk, and pasta – bring mixture to a boil – lower heat and cover for 15 minutes, 1 lb smoked sausage or kielbasa, sliced ¼-inch thick, 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped, 1 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese. Cooked smoked sausage is pickled in a red brine for an irresistible indulgence. My grandmother makes smokies this way, and I have to say I have never seen a similar recipe. Rinse sausage, slice into 1/2 inch thick slices and set aside. This simple dish is comfort food at it’s finest, and only takes a short time to prepare and cook. Bring to a boil, and simmer, covered for about 1 ½ hours, until the peas are tender. Place in large skillet over medium heat and add the maple syrup. Serve skewers with dipping sauce. Store in refrigerator (can be done 1-2 days ahead of time.). A lot of people add baked beans to your sweetened sausage recipe. In these recipes, the sausages just make them even more delicious: Southern-cuisine expert and cookbook author Diana Rattray has created more than 5,000 recipes articles in her 20 years as a food writer. Our delicious sausage crockpot recipes make excellent weeknight meals: The classic combination of rice and beans is key recipe in many cultures and is a whole meal thanks to the protein content of the beans and the nutritious carbs and fiber in the rice. My husband's grandmother gave me this recipe. Cook 20 minutes in the preheated oven, until bubbly and lightly browned. Sprinkle in basil, oregano and red pepper flakes, cook one minute. When potatoes are about 85% done or your last 5 minutes of cooking add sausage, onion, garlic, sage, and hot sauce. Please help! This two-minute lunch idea is so simple, your kids can make them. Great with some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on top. Add garlic and cabbage mixture, mix well. Add lentils, crushed tomatoes, chicken stock and bay leaf, stirring well to combine. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. I served it with some roasted, buttered corn. 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced into large chunks, 2 1/2 pounds red skin potatoes, scrubbed and cut into large chunks, 1 large onion, peeled and cut into slices, 1 tablespoon each fresh rosemary and thyme leaves (optional). The instructions for the “marinated and grilled summer veggies with sausage” is still not right. It is hearty on a cold winter's night. Finish by stirring in the chopped cilantro and parsley, and then check to see if any additional salt and pepper is needed (you can even add some red pepper flakes if you like it spicy), and serve. Serve in buns with all the usual fixin's (sauerkraut, mustard, relish, etc.). The red pepper should be adjusted to fit your family's taste. It is so easy and delicious! Use beef smoked sausage if you prefer. Add the slice smoked sausage and onions. *You might also like: Fresh Pumpkin Cornbread Recipe. Heat grill to 400-degrees (you can do this in your oven, too, at the same temp.). Add the chicken stock, black-eyed peas, and minced garlic. Add in some shrimp, some diced bell peppers, or anything else that strikes your fancy. Combine well, cover and heat until rice is hot. If you add it all at once, the skillet will be too full to stir. 12 oz beef Polska Kiebasa Sausage, sliced into 1/4-inch thick slices (I used Hillshire Farm and really liked it), 1 1/3 cups chopped yellow onion (1 medium), 3 (14.5 oz cans) low-sodium chicken broth, Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste, 6 oz kale, thick ribs removed, chopped (about 1 1/2 bunches.