While the patient isn’t able to swallow and Eat anything. Barium Carbonate can react with Hydrochloric Acid to form Barium Chloride, Water, and Carbon Dioxide. Then it can save from Diphtheria disease. That really is pure barium. I laughed right out loud at your BP reference Matt! Michael S from Danville, VA on March 05, 2012: Very interesting to another science-lover. Because they have strong Immune power system. Such is the progression of civilization. The one that we can use in it is not the pure form of barium as usual, but it is from barium carbonate. That will be helpful to everyone over the world. Voting up/U/A/I. Voted up and awesome. There is a lot of Swelling in such condition, The Baryta Carb treats to cure the disease. I too, agree that any joke at BP's expense is top choice. I'm Ahsan Ul Haq, a professional-blogger, Homeopathic Doctor and software Engineer from Pakistan. In addition to the uses mentioned, barium can also be found in other applications such as: While I am very aware that the Deepwater Horizon oil spill had nothing to do with the lack of drilling mud, I find that any joke at BP's expense...is a funny joke. And thanks again. In brick, tile, earthenware, pottery and clays manufacturing, it is frequently used. As Concern of Carbonate of Baryta with Adults, It works effectively in Aged Patient cases. That actually means a lot after the work I put into this. Other Applications In glass industry, it is added into glass as a flux for silica. It's the glaring differences from one use to another that I find interesting. Barium carbonate is an additive in oil-well drilling muds. Defective or slow development of mind; mental weakness approaching idiocy. Good read, Matt! Solution for Barium carbonate is commercially important as a basis for the manufacture of other barium compounds. Great hub! In it's most pure form it is silver in color, which is why vacuum tubes will often have a blackish-silver spot on them from the getting process. Also...I don't want to know, lol. carb. I love when I become enlightened to the sciences behind some every day object or event that I once saw as mundane. I tend to be a left-brainer. When ingested, barium carbonate reacts to the stomach's acid, forming barium chloride. Thank you for sharing all of this information. I love this article very much but I have a question, where is Barium mined? Barium carbonate fine powder In this condition, patients suffer from severe Flu. They have dyspepsia. and Sul. Pus is starting to grow in the prostate Glands. Such weakened babies are Marasmus patients. Brittany Kennedy from Kailua-Kona, Hawaii on March 04, 2012: Wow! (Yes, I have the misfortune of knowing how they die) Though I'm sure all poisons are rather unpleasant. I have heard of Barium used in electronics, but never knew it was used for pest control! He also feels the bitting in body skin under sunlight. You say that it's one of the most common elements in earth's crust yet we couldn't just find it while walking. Steven Pearson (author) from Bonney Lake, WA on March 06, 2012: Compared to most other metals, it's use is actually pretty limited. And barite is used in paints, bricks, tiles, glass and rubber production; barium nitrate and chlorate give green colors to fireworks and barium titanate was proposed in 2007 to be used in next generation battery technology for electric cars. How deep into the crust do you have to go before you find an abundance of this stuff? Cynthia Calhoun from Western NC on March 04, 2012: Who knew all these facts about barium? It may require from one to three months, possibly longer to get full results. Rachel Vega from Massachusetts on March 05, 2012: Cool! The fact that barium will quickly react to almost all of the non-metal elements, means you very well may find barium compounds on said stroll. Various Uses of Barium Carbonate - BaCO 3. When the patient goes for the Urine and stool excretion, The moles of piles come out. Barium carbonate is an additive in oil-well drilling muds. I started Homeopathicology as a passion and now it's empowering by many readers globally and helping them. In the brick, earthenware and pottery industries it is added to cause efflorescence. BaCO 3 + 2HCl → BaCl 2 + H 2 O + CO 2. The barite suspensions used in the oil well drilling industry can destabilize when soluble materials such as gypsum are present in the mud. Faulty nutrition and tardy physical development. Such Child patients suffer from a sore throat. Daisy Mariposa from Orange County (Southern California) on March 05, 2012: Thanks for publishing this well-researched, informative, well-written Hub. (In love with a right-brainer!) Pure barium can be extracted through electrolysis, and contained in an argon container (which doesn't react with barium) allowing for a picture such as this one. This is a radiocontrast x-ray of the stomach done using barium meal (or a "barium swallow"). Makes the brain wonder. Barium carbonate is used in ceramic glaze, by acting as a flux, matting and crystallizing agent, and it is combined with coloring oxides to produce colors on ceramics. Barium carbonate also has an application that is more appealing than rat poison - it's used in glassmaking to enhance the luster of the glass. Such Old Patients have enlarged prostate Glands. Barium is an interesting metal, with an interesting history, and an odd array of uses. Yet another useful article by mattforte for those interested in anything science. Voted Up across the board! carb., Sili., Merc, and Sul. I enjoy reading articles from which I can learn something new. The mental and physical condition of the child corresponds to that of the progeny of the degenerate, often seen in the “slums.”. I learned, laughed, and felt awe over the many uses for Barium. Containers for the storage of radioactive materials. Barium sulfide in water will even react with carbon dioxide forming barium carbonate and hydrogen sulfide. Being a white insoluble salt that finds its largest usage in the Ceramics Industry, Barium Carbonate is widely used to make ceramic products. When Baby or young child becomes so weak that we can see the ribs and bones actually. BaCO 3 + 2HCl → BaCl 2 + H 2 0 + CO 2. The stunted growth, with enlargement of the abdomen, of the mesenteric glands and the glands of the throat and neck, are frequent concomitants.No remedy can do as much for such cases as Baryta carb. Teresa Coppens from Ontario, Canada on March 06, 2012: Awesome hub Matt. Calc. Jason from Indianapolis, IN. Thank you now my 8th grade research is done, Thanks a lot now my 6th grade project is complete, actually the covalent bound and compounds have tecualites to the netrons and protons to the coumpunds andit injects the human syber hoth acordijngt tothe mental hypersit. But Baby becomes weak day by day. Uses of Barium Carbonate – BaCO 3. While it is one of the most common elements found in the earth's crust, your odds of finding it in elemental form on a morning stroll are exactly zero. Note: If this medicine gives only in 30 potencies to the patient. One of my kids is taking chemistry at the moment. The presence of gypsum leads to coagulation and a loss of consistency in the drilling muds. Now I can tell my boys that those green fireworks are made with barium chloride and sound super smart in the process :) Thanks for all the useful info - voted up and interesting! All other salts of barium can be formed from this. It acts as a flux, a matting and crystallizing agent and combines with certain colouring oxides to produce unique colours not easily attainable by other means. Who would have guessed Barium was involved in so many uses. Then this homeopathy medicine can cure. But it is due to Night Fall, Semen, and Sperm. Such as. Homeopathic Medicine Baryta Carbonica is mostly given to the Children and old aged patients. Barium carbonate reacts with hydrochloric acid forming barium chloride and water and carbon dioxide. Nice job here. Because of its high chemical reactivity, barium is never found in nature as a free element. Excellent job. Any type of "glaze" is going to release material, bit by bit. Barium carbonate is widely used in the ceramics industry as an ingredient in glazes. :) I'm glad it's one of the most common elements - we've found a lot of stuff to do with it.