6 Crowds listened intently to Philip because they were eager to hear his message and see the miraculous signs he did. The man replied, “How can I, unless someone instructs me?” And he urged Philip to come up into the carriage and sit with him. Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts, 23 for I can see that you are full of bitter jealousy and are held captive by sin.”, 24 “Pray to the Lord for me,” Simon exclaimed, “that these terrible things you’ve said won’t happen to me!”. Act 8:2. 8 So there was great joy in that city. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. And as a lamb is silent before the shearers. All rights reserved. Wisdom Literature 2 (Some devout men came and buried Stephen with great mourning.) The New Testament 9 A man named Simon had been a sorcerer there for many years, amazing the people of Samaria and claiming to be someone great. General Epistles Major Prophets All rights reserved. 8 Saul was one of the witnesses, and he agreed completely with the killing of Stephen. 16The Holy Spirit had not yet come upon any of them, for they had only been baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. Luke-Acts 31 The man replied, “How can I, unless someone instructs me?” And he urged Philip to come up into the carriage and sit with him. Meanwhile, Philip found himself farther north at the town of Azotus. 32 The passage of Scripture he had been reading was this: “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter. When Simon saw that the Spirit was given when the apostles laid their hands on people, he offered them money to buy this power. Acts 8 - Saul was one of the witnesses, and he agreed completely with the killing of Stephen. Seated in his carriage, he was reading aloud from the book of the prophet Isaiah. 15 As soon as they arrived, they prayed for these new believers to receive the Holy Spirit. But now the people believed Philip’s message of Good News concerning the Kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ. Upgrade to the best Bible Gateway experience! General Epistles He went from house to house, dragging out both men and women to throw them into prison. 39When they came up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord snatched Philip away. Acts 8 1 Saul was one of the witnesses, and he agreed completely with the killing of Stephen. 6 Crowds listened intently to Philip because they were eager to hear his message and see the miraculous signs he did. -------------------- He went from house to house, dragging out both men and women to throw them into prison. Repent of your wickedness and pray to the Lord. Pauline Epistles The Holy Spirit said to Philip, “Go over and walk along beside the carriage.”, Philip ran over and heard the man reading from the prophet Isaiah. 6Crowds listened intently to Philip because they were eager to hear his message and see the miraculous signs he did. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. All your content will be saved and you can seamlessly switch devices. 32 The passage of Scripture he had been reading was this: “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. Enter your credit card information to ensure uninterrupted service following your free trial. New International Version, Perhaps he will forgive your evil thoughts, 9A man named Simon had been a sorcerer there for many years, amazing the people of Samaria and claiming to be someone great. Our website uses cookies to store user preferences. But the believers who were scattered preached the Good News about Jesus wherever they went. 19 “Let me have this power, too,” he exclaimed, “so that when I lay my hands on people, they will receive the Holy Spirit!”, 20 But Peter replied, “May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God’s gift can be bought! Acts 8:26-39. Please see Blue Letter Bible's Privacy Policy for cookie usage details. Proud member Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers Inc., Carol Stream, Illinois 60188. 2 (Some devout men came and buried Stephen with great mourning.) Article Images Copyright © 2020 Getty Images unless otherwise indicated. But Peter replied, “May your money be destroyed with you for thinking God’s gift can be bought! “He was led like a sheep to the slaughter. Don't have an account? Poetical Books 15As soon as they arrived, they prayed for these new believers to receive the Holy Spirit. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. 36 As they rode along, they came to some water, and the eunuch said, “Look! 8So there was great joy in that city. Copyright © 2020, Bible Study Tools. Johannine Writings 17Then Peter and John laid their hands upon these believers, and they received the Holy Spirit. 26 As for Philip, an angel of the Lord said to him, “Go south[b] down the desert road that runs from Jerusalem to Gaza.” 27 So he started out, and he met the treasurer of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under the Kandake, the queen of Ethiopia. Philip asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”. General Epistles Holy Bible, New Living Translation copyright © 1996, 2004, 2007 by Tyndale House Foundation. 14When the apostles in Jerusalem heard that the people of Samaria had accepted God’s message, they sent Peter and John there. He preached the Good News there and in every town along the way until he came to Caesarea. 26As for Philip, an angel of the Lord said to him, “Go southb down the desert road that runs from Jerusalem to Gaza.” Philip asked, “Do you understand what you are reading?”. There’s some water! He ordered the carriage to stop, and they went down into the water, and Philip baptized him. The eunuch never saw him again but went on his way rejoicing. Error: Passwords should have at least 6 characters, Error: Usernames should only contain letters, numbers, dots, dashes, or underscores. New English Translation,