received letters ... " (Acts 22:5). Gamaliel). In persecuting Jesus he was spiritually blind, now he is also physically blind - and must humbly be led by the hand into the city of Damascus. 3. Why did the crowd of Jews keep "all the more silent" (Acts 22:2)? Why did the crowd of Jews keep "all the more silent" (Acts 22:2)? Blue Letter Bible study tools make reading, searching and studying the Bible easy and rewarding. Please see Blue Letter Bible's Privacy Policy for cookie usage details. Johannine Writings Born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel, Suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me, I am Jesus of Nazareth, whom you are persecuting, And since I could not see for the glory of that light, Ananias, a devout man according to the law, having a good testimony with all the Jews, The God of our fathers has chosen you that you should know His will, I was in a trance and saw Him saying to me, Depart, for I will send you far from here to the Gentiles, "Away with such a fellow from the earth, for he is not fit to live! c. Born in Tarsus of Cilicia, but brought up in this city at the feet of Gamaliel: Paul notes that though he was born outside of the Promised Land, he was brought up in Jerusalem, and at the feet of Gamaliel, one of the most prestigious rabbis of the day (Acts 5:34). Poetical Books ", a. -------------------- bears me witness, and all the council of the elders, from whom I also "The point was not that the tribune doubted Paul's claim, but rather he was implying that anybody could become a citizen these days!" The Old Testament Egypt. Paul was an extremely rare individual. (Act 22:12-16) Paul describes his response to the supernatural experience in Damascus. -------------------- bears me witness, and all the council of the elders, from whom I also (Bruce). The class book is suitable for teens and up. d. Paul reveals that he was born a citizen; his parents (or grandparents) must have been awarded the rights of citizenship for some good done on behalf of Rome. He was born in "Tarsus" (Acts 22:3), a city on For I will show him how many things he must suffer for My name's sake (Acts 9:15-16). (Act 22:25-29) Paul reveals his Roman citizenship. For you will be His witness to all men of what you have seen and heard. I was once an attacker also. Paul's Nazarite Vow). Recognizing the value of consistent reflection upon the Word of God in order to refocus one's mind and heart upon Christ and His Gospel of peace, we provide several reading plans designed to cover the entire Bible in a year. Paul knew the general plan; but just like us, he didn't know how it would all work out. Historical Books Prophets (Act 22:24) The commander demands an explanation of the riot. GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Select an Ending Point That one word was "Gentiles." This is the man who teaches Why would that silence them? However, once the crowd knew that Paul was in Roman protection, and once Paul began to address them in Hebrew (Aramaic), they became quiet and ready to listen (Acts 21:40). GenesisExodusLeviticusNumbersDeuteronomyJoshuaJudgesRuth1 Samuel2 Samuel1 Kings2 Kings1 Chronicles2 ChroniclesEzraNehemiahEstherJobPsalmsProverbsEcclesiastesSong of SongsIsaiahJeremiahLamentationsEzekielDanielHoseaJoelAmosObadiahJonahMicahNahumHabakkukZephaniahHaggaiZechariahMalachiMatthewMarkLukeJohnActsRomans1 Corinthians2 CorinthiansGalatiansEphesiansPhilippiansColossians1 Thessalonians2 Thessalonians1 Timothy2 TimothyTitusPhilemonHebrewsJames1 Peter2 Peter1 John2 John3 JohnJudeRevelation, Use semicolons to separate groups: 'Gen;Jdg;Psa-Mal' or 'Rom 3-12;Mat 1:15;Mat 5:12-22', There are options set in 'Advanced Options', The Whole Bible