Again thanks for all the help. I had similar problem with 2003 dodge 1/2 ton with 4.7 engine. What Goes Wrong? Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuses? i removed the alarm, removed the battery cables for a while, and still nothing. I have never had that happen before. SOURCE: 2002 dodge ram 1500 flashing red light and dead. Did not unlock with fob. I'll keep the Dodge. It will tell you how to disarm your particular alarm system. A red light was blinking in the instrument cluster that I had never seen before, the vehicle manual said the red light (#14) was a security system alert. 3 Answers. OEM security light on dash on. 3 Answers. When the truck is off the interior lights do not work, nor does the remote entry. If the security light is blinking the immobilizer system is enabled and will not allow the car to start. Search Fixya. Came back out about 15min later and the red light was blinking and engine would do nothing. The dashboard bulbs? 2003 Dodge: has the security theft inidicator flashing My 2003 Dodge Ram has the security theft inidicator flashing. No electrical to anything else. Security light flashing, 2003 RAM will not start or reset I didn't even know I had an alarm until two days ago my - Dodge 2004 Ram 1500 question. Funny, but I have no security system. The security light in the dash on my 2003 dodge ram 1500 is blinking and it won't start and nothing else will work. Red security light on dash is blinking and engine won't start or even turn over. It is a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ Hemi engine. Click a link to learn more about each one. Opened with key. I like it. Most cars today have a security system built into the electrical system (BCM - Body control module) to deter from theft. The security light in the dash on my 2003 dodge ram 1500 is blinking and it won't start and nothing else will work. They keyless entry remote will not unlock the doors either. The Security light is the only light blinking on the dashboard. To my knowledge it doesn't have a security system on it,unless it came stock from the factory. The following are warning lights and indicators found in vehicles built by Dodge. i dont have a factory alarm installed. Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Ram yourself? Steering wheel stays locked, nothing happens. Came back out about 15min later and the red light was blinking and engine would do nothing. I drove truck home and turned it off. Turn … read more The security light in the dash on my 2003 dodge ram 1500 is blinking and it won't start and nothing else will work. I think my wife jixned me yesterday. Battery manufactured 5/18. I did not know what happened when it dies like it did yesterday and the red light starting flashing. 3rd Gen Ram Tech - 2003 RAM SECURITY LIGHT ISSUE/NO START - Tried to start my 2003 ram today and as soon as i turned the key, the alarm went off and the factory light started to flash. Security light is blinking on dash. I drove truck home and turned it off. In your owners manual, look under the security or alarm system. I turned key to start it up and not a sound. No corrosion. Red security light on the dashboard is blinking not letting me start my 2003 dodge ram pickup. Red security light on dash is blinking and engine won't start or even turn over. The problem is it can sometimes stop the person that owns the car from starting the engine as well. Turn key, nothing. Help! When the truck is running, the radio does not come on, but the interior lights do if the door is open, and the remote entry does work. They are roughly ordered by importance, which tends to be by color (red, amber, yellow, orange, green, blue, gray), but there are nearly 50 of them so be patient! Browse Categories Answer Questions . She asked me how the truck was doing and if I still liked it or missed my GMC I traded off for the Dodge. When you disconnected the battery, you tripped the alarm which locked down everything. To my knowledge it doesn't have a security system on it,unless it … If the condition which initiated the alarm is still present, the system will ignore that condition and … 2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 4.7L V8. 2003 dodge ram 1500: security light in the dash..wont start..factory. It is a 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 w/ Hemi engine. When key is turned on, nothing happens. The Vehicle Security Alarm will rearm itself after the 15 additional minutes of headlights and Vehicle Security Light flashing, if the system has not been disabled. My 2003 Dodge Ram Pick up will not start. Tried locking and unlocking with key didn't work.