JavaScript is disabled. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone know of any impact add-on's that will work on the 2012 Ram 1500, or if anyone has added security to there Truck, let me know what you did or mod you added. Not always but most of the time if I lock the doors with the fob(this also sets the alarm) and then I leave the truck locked over night and I unlock in the morning with the fob the alarm will sound horn three times and then stop. another way is to take a cordless drill & drill up into the drivers side inner fender right into the battery, 2016 Ram 3.0 diesel 3.55 w/LSD, G2 tonneau, Line-X, Weathertech mats, Mag-Hytec differential cover, Nfab bars, CB radio, EGR bug deflector, Thanks guys it's off! I have one of each, a flat key-shop key to keep in my wallet, and a factory key with a thicker black plastic grip. Jump to Latest Follow ... You might want to check yours again. NOTE: For the 2002 Ram 2500/3500, refer to the 2001 techsoft sheet. Any idea's, I put the hardware stuff on myself, the spare tire lock, the tailgate lock and the hitch locks for the 4 bolts that hold the hitch to the truck, also added the bolt locks on my PIAA's on the bully bar, also have the Tracking system on it by TAG and i got it etched. VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. But it is identical to the key on my 1998 Ram. That's not encouraging, I leave my truck sometimes up to 48 hours out in the wild. *1 Lock requires a negative trigger thru a 820 ohm resistor. I would think you have the same OEM security system that I have. The factory alarm as is can be barely adequate. Use this information for installing car alarm, remote car starters and keyless entry into a ram. The thing is, if my key-fob quits working, I don't know of any other way to shut down the alarm. I would love to turn off the alarm entirely. There is a setting in there for it to honk or not. The alarm system is usually under the hood near the steering wheel. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I am wondering if an ecm reflash would help. Sorry to hear that happened to you.....Karma is a beautiful thing......What goes around comes around.....Let us know what you decide....... We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models. 2016 laramie 1500 crew 6.4 bed, 4x4 husky floor mats, weathertech mud flaps,wheel to wheel mopar steps.mopar chrome bug sheild. I again have to lock and unlock from the key fob. 01 auto 4 by 4, Fass 150, edge juice attitude, hot unlock, bd towing twins,stage one cam, F1 4.8 injectors, , ported fireringed head , 110 springs, full billet DTT ,ARP studs, four inch mbrp, ARE dcu, , line x ,bedslide, :stirpot: Thanks for the responses. Come join the discussion about reviews, drivetrain swaps, turbos, modifications, classifieds, builds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Well, yeah, pull the battery cables, but that is not always an option or certainly not a convenient option. it was a simple install, below the steering wheel column there was a plug, you added it to that and it linked into the security system, quick mod was like 100$ back then. Tried suggested reset procedure to no avail. The factory alarm system doesn't have motion sensors so if you have expensive stereo equipment, get an aftermarket one to compliment the stock alarm 2004 Dodge Ram 1500 QC Laramie Hemi!! If anyone has seen something or added something, any info will be greatly appreciated. JavaScript is disabled. Factory alarm. Factory Alarm Add on, or extra security EVSII ... you could add it on to any security system that came from the Chrysler factory. Someone tried to break in to my new truck last night, scratched my paint on the driver door and put a scratch on the window. I found an older related thread which suggested that the factory key has a chip and an aftermarket key does not. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. Whether your an expert Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 car alarm installer, Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 performance fan or a novice Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 enthusiast with a 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 , a Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 car alarm wiring diagram can save yourself a lot of time. I'm so pissed. 2000 LWB, Quad Cab, 4x4, NV4500, AirDog, Gauges, Thuren Track Bar, Lost crappy AGR and A1-Cardone steering boxes. 2002 Dodge ram 2002 2500 4WD, 5.9 Cummins, Auto, LB, XCab. I found an older related thread which suggested that the factory key has a chip and an aftermarket key does not. I found the alarm on my old Mercedes & unplugged it. The 8.4 in settings. I would like to know this, as well. Maybe what I think is the factory key is really an aftermarket key as well. Support your forum and become a, Please be sure you understand the Ram ForumZ, VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto, Ontario, M5V 2H1, Canada. I have never been able to open the door with the key because the alarm- lights/horn- goes off. I have an o1 and mine has had similar problem for four or five years . electronics. I decide to check today on Mopar's site for the good old EVSII module, I had it on my old truck and was great, but i can't find it for this 2012 truck only for older models. 2nd Gen. but still would like to get an impact/cell calling, window smacking something to add to the truck security. Thanks in advance everyone. One of the most time consuming … 2002 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Car Alarm Wiring Diagram Read More » Thanks LBZ, I'll check on that first light. NOTE: Chrysler vehicles that use a gray ignition key have an immobilizer system that needs to be bypassed when remote starting. There should be a setting in the 8.4 to turn the honk off. JavaScript is disabled. ... We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models. 2002 Ram 2500- I have had the truck for about two years. On occasion the alarm will also go off when I open the door with the keyless entry. I have posted about this numerous times and no good answers that I have seen. I use my alarm daily, but from the hunting side of life it's getting annoying telling the critters in here. :rck: Color - Black 7 Speaker Infinity Cd Stereo with 6 CD Stacker If I open the door with a key the only way I have found to turn the horn off is to lock and unlock the door from the keyless entry. Got some great beach pics, but I still can't post pictures here.....sorry. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Commando Car Alarms offers free wiring diagrams for your Dodge ram. This is how to reset your computer without buying an OBD II scanner. its not huge but paint has a 1" scratch and window also where they tried to pass an unlock blade. 2002 Ram 2500- I have had the truck for about two years. We’re the ultimate Dodge RAM forum to talk about the RAM 1500, 2500 and 3500 including the Cummins powered models. If you have an after-market car alarm, it may be installed in any part of the car, but companies usually install them under the … I live in a subdivision and at six am this does not make me the most popular person on the block if you know what I mean! For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. I don’t really think that the factory key has a chip. Enjoy RamForumZ? RedHead is the best so far but truck has stopped returning to center. As long as you don't use the indoor handle, it doesn't go off. Anyone know how to stop the honk,when the alarm is set? A forum community dedicated to Dodge Cummins Diesel truck owners and enthusiasts. All 4 of my cab doors are protected, inside and outside door handles. Wow, not much in add on alarms for this truck, anyone added any aftermarket security on there trucks?? If you have a factory car alarm, check in your owner’s manual as a guide. it wont stop someone from scratching your paint lol, but if it goes off, you can get up and see who is doing it and who knows, with some luck shoot him in the back of the head as he makes a run for it. View our complete listing of wiring diagrams for all years of Dodge ram. I have never been able to open the door with the key because the alarm- lights/horn- goes off.